LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New LS purchase today - Ext Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-20, 11:42 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 296 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by rmawyer
I called and talked to Casey. He's now one of two Finance Managers. Website being updated.

He's doing the same deals Toby did. His email address IS: casey.mcgrew@harveyautos.com. Original post misspelled it.
Good to know. Is he selling to customers in all states? Or just those bordering Louisiana? I know Toby stopped selling out of state 2 or 3 years ago.
Old 08-31-20, 11:54 AM
rmawyer
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

He is selling nationwide at this time.
Old 09-05-20, 11:17 PM
Geritol
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put a deposit on a 2010 LS460 L Friday 9/4/20. Will pick her up next Wed or Thurs.
It's a silver with black interior, AWD with A/S and 100K miles.

I'm in NJ...will Casey McCrew sell me an extended warranty on my car?

Old 09-05-20, 11:28 PM
rmawyer
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Too many years and miles. In the past it had to be within the original warranty period, 4 yrs/70,000....but can email and ask. I doubt any companies will write a policy over 100K miles, or at least one worth buying.
Might try Fidelity and CNA, if you can find a dealer offering them.

casey.mcgrew@harveyautos.com
Old 09-06-20, 12:12 AM
Geritol
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rmawyer
Too many years and miles. In the past it had to be within the original warranty period, 4 yrs/70,000....but can email and ask. I doubt any companies will write a policy over 100K miles, or at least one worth buying.
Might try Fidelity and CNA, if you can find a dealer offering them.

casey.mcgrew@harveyautos.com
Thanks, Ralph for the help. I'll give it a try on Tuesday.

Getting my car from a Mercedes dealer. They are offering a 24mos/24K warranty for $2,750 + tax. Preferred Coverage by Resource Automotive.
Old 09-06-20, 04:34 AM
jjchicago
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430FL
I feel differently than the other posters and I may be in the minority of this hotly debated topic.... I came from 2 LS430s a 2001 and a 2006. My 2011 LS460 which I have now had for just over 4 years has not been as reliable as my LS430s at all. I bought the car CPO which back 5 years ago also came with 2 years unlimited mileage and then I extended it for another 2 additional years so I had 4 years unlimited miles. The warranty I got was an extension of the CPO warranty it is the exact terms and exact same list of covered items. I was told it could only be purchased at the time I bought the car as the car was now out of manufacturer warranty and was strictly being sold as a CPO. I am more than thankful I did. The warranty paid for itself many many times over already. They are reliable cars but they are still expensive to fix. I would actually argue unlike what the other two said above that the car is not that old right now. but after the 2 years CPO is done its another 2 years old and that's also when things may start to go wrong. I also took into consideration that I could take my car to the dealer, get a loaner and have all service documented at my Lexus dealer. If I were paying out of pocket for these repairs I probably would seek an independent. Lets say I paid $3000 for the warranty. The heater exchange issue and navigation issue I had alone paid for the warranty. Each time I take it in for repair they marked the paperwork that I have an extended warranty so they they knew cost was no object.

I do not think offering or buying a warranty says anything at all about the confidence in the product. Things break. It's a mechanical item. Nobody can predict the reliability of a mass produced item. There's a reason every manufacturer has occasional lemon cars. It happens. Does the dealer make a profit on the warranties? Absolutely. Might you not make all your money back? It's certainly possible but they have lost money on me with my car. Lexus has a pretty good reliability rating and it is the main reason I have driven them for so long. Other cars look better to my eye but are not reliable enough for me. I love the S-class and could afford one but many of my friends have them and they are just not as reliable as a Lexus so I have resisted the temptation. Even with a warranty it's still an inconvenience to bring the car to the shop and be paying a car payment to drive a loaner. Peace of mind does come at a price in some instances.
I agree and wish i would've purchased the extended warranty. Things go bad on the newer lexus cars and i have a hybrid. When hybrid components break, expect to spend 3 to 6,000 a pop. Maybe 1000 if you're lucky.
Old 09-06-20, 03:23 PM
Carnut
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Geritol
Thanks, Ralph for the help. I'll give it a try on Tuesday.

Getting my car from a Mercedes dealer. They are offering a 24mos/24K warranty for $2,750 + tax. Preferred Coverage by Resource Automotive.
Casey McCrew at Shreveport/Bossier CIty, Lexus doesn't care where you bought it. But, It has to still be under factory warranty to buy a genuine Lexus/Platinum $0 dedcutible warranty. give him a call. Talking is better than texting or emailing. If you ain't talking, you ain't serious. Good luck with your car.