LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

"Tuning" the 1UR-FSE...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-20, 02:40 AM
Zetascry
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by VanCityLS4
Thanks. Its a V8 theres always a few to gain. The real hold up is the headers, cats and the massive rear mufflers. For a while I ran the Toms filters with modded mid pipe and oem axleback (between my 2nd and 3rd axleback). While it wasnt much louder than stock, the induction noise was nice (F Sport sound generator) I could tell it did feel a bit choked near redline. Once the 2.5” Vibrant’s were added it was obvious that oem rear mufflers holding me back.

I have no official paper work for my claims ! Lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsPqjb3A...=1dsl97dpzfi3w

prove it or lose it! lmao
Old 01-19-21, 02:47 PM
3GSShoe
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 69 Posts

I thought the LS had the AA80E regardless of trim and the ISF’s direct shift system was part software on the 2010-2012, and 2013-2017 included the true torsen diff?
Old 01-20-21, 08:22 AM
Anfanger
Pole Position

Received 893 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by Sargon
crankshaft, water pump, alternator and all the accessory pulleys and have them cnc aluminum customly built
The weight change has very little effect, smaller diameter is more important. A steady-state dyno will report no power change, only improves transient (300 rpm per second, etc.).

Camry V4? You have the only one.
What are you talking about? V4? Is that a new engine from Toyota, since when?
Old 01-20-21, 09:08 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

I also own a Mitsubishi Mirage with a V3!

By the way, I started this thread, and it has evolved a lot. Which I'm absolutely fine with. There's no telling what good MAY come out of this thread.
Old 01-20-21, 10:59 AM
Zetascry
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Bunch a Bully’s haha..

just an idea to increase power, it worked on my Camrys acceleration and hp
Old 01-20-21, 11:56 AM
lwphat66
Instructor

Received 451 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
I also own a Mitsubishi Mirage with a V3!

By the way, I started this thread, and it has evolved a lot. Which I'm absolutely fine with. There's no telling what good MAY come out of this thread.
Your exhaust vents paired with the Red Bullets is music to my ears....

LS460 L w/Oliver exhaust vents & Red Bullet VVT-i solenoid valves - YouTube
The following users liked this post:
L's TLS (01-21-21)
Old 01-20-21, 12:58 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Nice ... there's only been a recording or 2 that has captured the sound well. Yours and mine neither catch it all that well. However, I have a cheapie dash cam that has the best sound I've heard. That and one other guy's video on below, sounds much better than my recordings.

Old 01-21-21, 09:14 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

I can't understand why I can't see your pictures...
Old 01-21-21, 09:57 AM
lwphat66
Instructor

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
I can't understand why I can't see your pictures...
C'mon Jason, you're the Engineer on this forum. LOL
If you're having issues, then we're all doomed!
Old 01-21-21, 10:47 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

I think it the picture host must be blocked by big brother ... my employer.
Old 01-21-21, 11:04 AM
L's TLS
Pit Crew

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by lwphat66
Sweet deal, plus no waiting for them to ship from Taiwan! I wish that beautiful steering wheel could fit on my '07.
Best of luck on whichever ride you choose next.
Yessir! I ship quickly and thank you!
Originally Posted by Sargon
crankshaft, water pump, alternator and all the accessory pulleys and have them cnc aluminum customly built
The weight change has very little effect, smaller diameter is more important. A steady-state dyno will report no power change, only improves transient (300 rpm per second, etc.).

Camry V4? You have the only one.
This is called underdrive pulleys. I had them on a couple of cars and made some decent power. Most noticeably the car reached redline faster thus getting to the top of the powerband quicker. Not much of an issue on v8's but NA v6's and i4's respond well to this mod.
Old 03-04-21, 08:10 AM
Sanac
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

cryptodoni or who ever else has the RedBullets. Why did y'all only get 2 and not 4? Isn't there an intake and exhaust on each side of the motor?

I asked Quantum Solenoid about this and they told me this,

"The Lexus V8 in your vehicle has non replaceable electromechanical solenoids on the intake side and replaceable traditional solenoids on the exhaust side

Thank you

QS Customer Relations"

I asked Max from Red Bullet the same thing and he said,
"Hi Bryan,

I would suggest go with 2 on the intake 1st, if you want more performance you can add the extra 2 for the exhaust later.
The exhaust is a bit finicky to get to so the intake will be a easier fit on for getting accustomed to the installation process.

The performance will increase from 2 to 4 installation, although the intake effect is more prominent and easier to feel the difference right away.

Max"

I have a 2011 GS460. I went ahead and ordered 4 to replace them all. I'm willing to pay for any small upgrade as its hard to get any performance in these engines. I read about performance coil packs but I'm on the fence about it. Has anyone experimented with these? I was able switch out the TCU from the ISF into mine. Was eyeing a new LSD from IsF to put into mine too. Have y'all heard of any parts/knick knacks that can give performance to these engines?

Old 03-04-21, 09:17 AM
lwphat66
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sanac
cryptodoni or who ever else has the RedBullets. Why did y'all only get 2 and not 4? Isn't there an intake and exhaust on each side of the motor?

"The Lexus V8 in your vehicle has non replaceable electromechanical solenoids on the intake side and replaceable traditional solenoids on the exhaust side

Thank you

QS Customer Relations"

"Hi Bryan,

I would suggest go with 2 on the intake 1st, if you want more performance you can add the extra 2 for the exhaust later.
The exhaust is a bit finicky to get to so the intake will be a easier fit on for getting accustomed to the installation process.

The performance will increase from 2 to 4 installation, although the intake effect is more prominent and easier to feel the difference right away.

Max"

I have a 2011 GS460. I went ahead and ordered 4 to replace them all. I'm willing to pay for any small upgrade as its hard to get any performance in these engines. I read about performance coil packs but I'm on the fence about it. Has anyone experimented with these? I was able switch out the TCU from the ISF into mine. Was eyeing a new LSD from IsF to put into mine too. Have y'all heard of any parts/knick knacks that can give performance to these engines?
The 1UR-FSE VVT-iE (Variable Valve Timing - intelligent Electric) motor utilizes an electric motor for camshaft adjustment on the intake side and a more conventional hydraulic system on the exhaust side that uses the oil control solenoid valves for adjustment of the cams.
Old 07-09-21, 04:55 AM
lwphat66
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sanac

Thank you

QS Customer Relations"

"Hi Bryan,

Max"

Just wondering if you installed the Red Bullets yet and what you think of them?
Old 07-14-21, 03:33 AM
ausLX
Pit Crew

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

@Sanac What's a new LSD from an ISF going to cost? Just asking cause there's aftermarket LSD's available for pretty cheap.

Quick Reply: "Tuning" the 1UR-FSE...