LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2007 ls460 sticky problems after fix at lexus

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-20, 05:19 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Dark grey birds-eye maple was the wood on the referenced Pebble Beach car, same color as on the OP's 460. Lexus has always emphasized that all wood in a car (except on shifter and steering wheel) comes from the same tree and that any replacements could result in variations. That's what I'm seeing here, though the variation is extreme, for sure, and they should fix it (never mind they should've never delivered the car back like that).
Old 10-13-20, 04:24 AM
Vansibel
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430FL
Which is strange because wouldn't a pebble beach edition car have the real leather arm rests with the stitching? Not what is shown in OPs photos. Something is strange.
Pebble beach edition was only a reference I don't think it was an exclusive color it's just that those edition only came in that interior color I think. This is a regular ls with that interior color: http://gtcarlot.com/interiors/Lexus/.../55585330.html
Old 10-13-20, 06:03 AM
expert
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Where do I get that code?
Old 10-13-20, 06:32 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

Lexus dealers have no credibility left, how could they even consider putting that color trim in
Old 10-13-20, 06:47 AM
expert
Driver School Candidate

Thank you all for expressing your views which are all similar and exactly my view too. What really got me was how the service rep and his boss, service manager kept saying it is faded and it was not until the General Manager or their boss guy came and looked at it and you immediately can see his reaction that this is a messed up situation not the "faded" story. The Manager was very careful not to say and stayed away from the "faded" or "not faded" story and stuck with that they order the parts using the vin and he has no real answer. So will see what Lexus, Head office will say about this. They have been generous about this recall of the Plastic stuff issues and now I can see that dealerships across the country are not the same in handling the recall. Above all and this is after I waited for 1 year and 3 months for parts. After I complained to Lexus Head Office, the dealership called me within 4 days and told me some parts are in. Well, that's life and will keep you, my Lexus family updated once I hear anything.
Old 10-13-20, 07:13 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

The bar for what is deemed acceptable quality has been lowered tremendously across the board, IMHO, and Lexus dealers are no exception. More troubling to me, however, is seeing how so many people can be content with delivering such half-assed outcomes.

Personally, I could not tell you with a straight face that the problem you have is because your wood faded. I don't know, but to me, it always feels so much easier (and ultimately satisfying) to acknowledge when there is a problem and then work like hell to get to the bottom of it and solve it.
The following users liked this post:
expert (10-19-20)
Old 10-24-20, 05:13 PM
WoodyTx
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Your not going to believe this, but my new interior has the same problem, two different colors, my door has the
gray and my console has the brown! I actually like the bluish/ gray color better, but it is a major contrast between the two! I am very interested in what they have to say about your dash and door panel different colors! I will let you know what my dealership says this week!
Old 10-26-20, 04:41 AM
expert
Driver School Candidate

Ok thanks WoodyTX, my dealership is not budging at all and are sticking with the faded color story and are still saying since they used my vin to order the parts and that's the color code that came with the car originally which of course doesn't make sense. I am still waiting for Lexus head office to reply. Let me know and I will also update you all with the Lexus head office reply. take care.
Old 10-28-20, 06:39 PM
WoodyTx
Driver

So, here’s my story from my Lexus dealer in Clear Lake, Tx- my Service Manager and Service Advisor both looked at the car at the same time- and both said the same thing- that the wood was faded! The SM then opened up the back seat armrest that is usually up and pulled it down and looked at it as well! I had other work that needed done, so I commented that they were both color blind and I gave them my opinion, which was 2 distinct different colors! When I picked up the car this afternoon, they informed me that they had taken pictures and sent it off to Lexus Corporate for their opinion! On the invoice section of the paperwork, reads the following:
D “CUSTOMER STATES INTERIOR DOOR PANEL TRIM COLOR DOES NOT MATCH EXISTING TRIM PIECES.
DIAG COMPLIMENTARY DIAGNOSIS OF CONCERN
991617ISVPL
162785 wood trim discolors over time due to exposure to UV light, which causes it to yellow slightly, and fade. There were two trim options available for the LS460 wood, a dark reddish brown, and a grey bird’s eye maple. Report was created with Guest’s concern.”
I have a 2007 Lexus LS460 silver exterior with the grey interior that I purchased from same dealership last year and I have driven it almost 10k miles since purchase! I love the grey/ blue versus the brown color, so I told them to not take the door panels off and switch them out! I don’t think I would have even noticed if you hadn’t posted pictures showing the huge difference in color! So I hope I can find a totaled grey car that has the grey blue interior pieces that are now brown in my car and change them out!
Please keep me posted on your status/update!

Woody!

Old 10-30-20, 07:07 AM
expert
Driver School Candidate

WoddyTX, thanks for sharing your experience . It seems now this problem is growing. I am seeing more of this issue on different threads and forums too. I will update you once Lexus head office contacts me which they say they will call me after I sent them the pictures and the problem. The dealership for me won't do anything specially for free and this issue is not in the recall anyway.
Old 02-28-21, 07:35 AM
WoodyTx
Driver

Originally Posted by expert
WoddyTX, thanks for sharing your experience . It seems now this problem is growing. I am seeing more of this issue on different threads and forums too. I will update you once Lexus head office contacts me which they say they will call me after I sent them the pictures and the problem. The dealership for me won't do anything specially for free and this issue is not in the recall anyway.
Have you heard from Lexus Corporate? What was their response! I haven’t heard a thing from Corporate!
Old 03-01-21, 05:10 AM
expert
Driver School Candidate

Yes and they said they said they can't do anything about it. I did my own research thou and the old wood panel which was produced with the car in 2007 are no longer being produced , originally by Yamaha company. The new grey is the one they installed . So pretty much no chance of matching the old wood color. I just bought the panel to the driver door and replaced it. It does match the new door panel, so am going to change all. A bit expensive but no choicer at this point.
Old 03-01-21, 10:29 AM
WoodyTx
Driver

Originally Posted by expert
Yes and they said they said they can't do anything about it. I did my own research thou and the old wood panel which was produced with the car in 2007 are no longer being produced , originally by Yamaha company. The new grey is the one they installed . So pretty much no chance of matching the old wood color. I just bought the panel to the driver door and replaced it. It does match the new door panel, so am going to change all. A bit expensive but no choicer at this point.
Hi Expert,
so are you changing to the new blue/ grey color or to the original brown color? I’d be interested in your process, are you ordering from a 3rd party, Lexus or finding parts online? Would be real interested in how much this is costing you? Can we get the cost down if more people go in together to get the necessary matching colors? I’ve got a silver car with gray interior, so I like the blue grey ( new) over the brown ( original) color! But I’m sure either way, more people buying both colors would help with the solution and overall cost!