LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Please help me find a carefree ls460

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-21, 11:05 AM
Mitleider
Driver

Received 81 Likes on 29 Posts

Good afternoon. These cars are famously well-engineered, durable, and well built using high quality materials and workmanship. When I bought my LS460 a year ago my search criteria were 1) must come from a winter and salt free environment, mine came from Miami, 2) must be low mileage, i.e. 40K-60K, 3) documented evidence of servicing, mine was serviced for its lifetime at a Lexus dealer, and 4) had a clean history and title, no collision damage, rebuilt or salvage history.

I also located an independent shop owned/operated by a certified Lexus master mechanic as an option to my dealer. I use both.

This strategy has worked well for me and I love my car and driving it. A superior product, rewarding to own
Old 01-20-21, 10:28 PM
GS300ken
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm a member of PenFed aka Pentagon Credit Union and I usually buy extended warranty from their partner, Route66. I used couple warranty claims with Route66 and they were fine. You can roll the warranty premium into the car loan within the first 30 days.
Old 01-21-21, 12:04 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitleider
Good afternoon. These cars are famously well-engineered, durable, and well built using high quality materials and workmanship. When I bought my LS460 a year ago my search criteria were 1) must come from a winter and salt free environment, mine came from Miami, 2) must be low mileage, i.e. 40K-60K, 3) documented evidence of servicing, mine was serviced for its lifetime at a Lexus dealer, and 4) had a clean history and title, no collision damage, rebuilt or salvage history.

I also located an independent shop owned/operated by a certified Lexus master mechanic as an option to my dealer. I use both.

This strategy has worked well for me and I love my car and driving it. A superior product, rewarding to own
thanks for the info definitely clean title always
thanks for making me realize where the car comes from. Makes sense just it’s kinda not a wanted option for AWD in a warm state all year long.. so that’s a rare. Model in warmer states but not impossible . I also have a Indy shop that is real honest and does a great good..also told me my 2010 Gs350 v6 will last forever if mainten I love that car but I’m a big body kinda guy coming from a totaled lost parked Bmw 750li..... I guess the only reason I got the car was it was a 2010 with only 42xxx on the clock clean title($10000) cash .!after lots of negotiations but after looking Thur this fourm I must say that my favorite body .. I don’t like next gen... and my brother has the new gen Gs than lease was over and got the 2021 es ...looks cool but not my cup of tea..
thanks again..!
Old 01-21-21, 12:08 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GS300ken
I'm a member of PenFed aka Pentagon Credit Union and I usually buy extended warranty from their partner, Route66. I used couple warranty claims with Route66 and they were fine. You can roll the warranty premium into the car loan within the first 30 days.
can I do that with cash ..??
I’ll look into the company you suggested
I just don’t like monthly payment on anything..
thank you very much.?”!!

Old 01-21-21, 12:16 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mikesrx350
I get the sense your looking for some thoughts:
get a 2015-17 based on your budget with air suspension and a warranty... doesn't have to be cpo
I bought a 2010 in 2019 and bought a 4 year 36 k warranty for 3400
buy at least a 2 year lexus platinum warranty from dealer to cover the air suspension in future

good luck
does your 2010 have air suspension or regular struts.. have you ever driven one with and without air suspension...
what’s the difference between the two....
I never had air suspension on any of my cars is it super smoother or is it just for ride height cause it’s that’s the cause I rather go regular don’t care for the ride height just want a smooth ride going over all these crazy potholes in NyC.. also guessing from it being a Lexus have you even used the warranty from 2019...
thanks for the reply..
i I do like bmw 7 and s class but I don’t want to have a hole in my wallet for repeated repairs..
Old 01-21-21, 12:31 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

As of know since I’m new to a ls mode..
had all three gs300 Gs 400 and now gs350 ..
wish they made the first gen gs300 again..
so far this is what I think I want

2014-up ls460 AWD ...
swd or lwd ...
i think I don’t want air suspension..??
cause I don’t really know what its for and what it does better than stock and on Lexus it’s like 1500 for the front.. each..
sliver with black interior
no extra option needed ...
cash in hand if price is right
willing to travel..
clean title and all stock
under 50000 miles
would love to trade it for. My 2010 lexus gs350 awd minus price
blk on blk 47xxx clean title..
It gonna take time to find the right one but no rush...
thank you to all who commented and one day I want to share the pictures of my new to me Lexus ls460 .L?
Old 01-21-21, 12:49 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Led headlights only please..!!!!
Old 01-21-21, 07:11 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrbungle11
Many thanks I saw the ad but doesn’t have pics...
That was my car, I have pics lol. I also have all the service records on PDF, oil changed every 5k miles, full front clear bra, ceramic coated, brand new Pirelli tires (best tires for the car), has the Apple Car Play kit. Seriously, if you want an LS460L buy that one. There isnt a mark on it anywhere.
Old 01-21-21, 11:30 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 317 Likes on 275 Posts

If you plan on keeping the car a long time, get a CPO car (CPO is about a $2000 premium at the Lexus dealerships) and add a 5 year extension for about $2500. That will pay for any and every repair you could need. In case you're wondering a couple of known issues with the car (brake actuator, control arms, wheel bearings, shocks, etc, etc) will easily exceed this amount.
Old 01-21-21, 12:27 PM
csrpenfab
Pit Crew

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts

Too bad you're not on the West Coast! Looks like I'll soon be listing my wife's 2014 LS460. Silver over black, and in pristine condition. Lexus dealer serviced every 5k for its' entire 77k miles so far. Brand new Michelin tires, no air suspension, and the following packages: Blind spot/cross traffic, all weather/comfort package, 19" chrome OEM 7 spoke wheels, semi-analine leather with alcantra headliner option, ML audio, heated wood steering wheel with leather center pad. It also has a Lexus platinum ext warranty that is good until 2/22/22 or 97,777 miles....

Old 01-21-21, 01:16 PM
Vtallysx4
Pit Crew

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

I drive a 2013 AWD w/o air suspension in Brooklyn and Staten Island, the car soaks up the bumps fine. I just replace rear and 2 weeks later, front shocks/ strut mounts at around 120,000 miles. Something like 1000 in OEM parts, total around 500 in labor (also did oil change and brakes all around when I did the rear, Alignment when I did the front- so all this was part of the labor cost). Car rides phenomenal, it was good before too, don't get me wrong, most people would probably not have noticed that the shocks were becoming an issue to address. I never drove an LS with air suspension, so I cannot compare, but w/o air suspension it is perfectly fine over NYC potholes. If I were you, I would pick up a used trade-in from a NJ Lexus dealer, with a COMPLETE history of dealer service or at least CARFAX verified mileage for oil changes. If the mileage goes from 0-xx,xxx without any dealer visits or maintenance visits in its history where someone reported mileage, it should be a BIG red flag. Lexus dealers will gladly accept your check, you can negotiate an out the door price and cut a check. The ones I've been to don't **** around with hidden fees like some other dealerships, the price you see is the price you pay plus tax and DMV fees. I would not suggest buying from a private party around NYC, not for a 30,000 car, unless the story they sell you REALLY makes sense. Good luck!
Old 01-21-21, 04:22 PM
mikesrx350
Instructor

Received 253 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Vtallysx4
I drive a 2013 AWD w/o air suspension in Brooklyn and Staten Island, the car soaks up the bumps fine. I just replace rear and 2 weeks later, front shocks/ strut mounts at around 120,000 miles. Something like 1000 in OEM parts, total around 500 in labor (also did oil change and brakes all around when I did the rear, Alignment when I did the front- so all this was part of the labor cost). Car rides phenomenal, it was good before too, don't get me wrong, most people would probably not have noticed that the shocks were becoming an issue to address. I never drove an LS with air suspension, so I cannot compare, but w/o air suspension it is perfectly fine over NYC potholes. If I were you, I would pick up a used trade-in from a NJ Lexus dealer, with a COMPLETE history of dealer service or at least CARFAX verified mileage for oil changes. If the mileage goes from 0-xx,xxx without any dealer visits or maintenance visits in its history where someone reported mileage, it should be a BIG red flag. Lexus dealers will gladly accept your check, you can negotiate an out the door price and cut a check. The ones I've been to don't **** around with hidden fees like some other dealerships, the price you see is the price you pay plus tax and DMV fees. I would not suggest buying from a private party around NYC, not for a 30,000 car, unless the story they sell you REALLY makes sense. Good luck!
some good advice,
last place I would buy a used car from is NY/NJ

find one in Florida that has a service history and pay the 1000 have it shipped your way from dealer
Old 01-21-21, 08:59 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts

Read this before you decide.
https://driving.ca/lexus/auto-news/n...to-cockpit/amp
Old 01-21-21, 09:11 PM
GS300ken
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrbungle11
can I do that with cash ..??
I’ll look into the company you suggested
I just don’t like monthly payment on anything..
thank you very much.?”!!
You must use a credit union like PenFed to buy extended warranty since Route66 does not sell plans to consumers directly. You can finance like one or two months then pay off after you buy the warranty.
Old 01-22-21, 12:19 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mikesrx350
some good advice,
last place I would buy a used car from is NY/NJ

find one in Florida that has a service history and pay the 1000 have it shipped your way from dealer
im definitely gonna do my research and homework before buying .. I’m searching state wide... thank goodness I have a car so I’m not rushing in to buying which I have before ...
this baby is gonna burn into the ground before I get another car (headaches searching ) ..but the right up to date to me car that I want .... I don’t might driving or take a plane cause I rather see it in person and test driving it before I buy .. plus it’s would be a little vacation...
In a perfect world we would have German designers and Japanese engineers ...j/k
thanks for the info
also why not Jersery I understand New York with stop and go traffic...???

Quick Reply: Please help me find a carefree ls460