LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Please help me find a carefree ls460

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-21, 12:28 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by csrpenfab
Too bad you're not on the West Coast! Looks like I'll soon be listing my wife's 2014 LS460. Silver over black, and in pristine condition. Lexus dealer serviced every 5k for its' entire 77k miles so far. Brand new Michelin tires, no air suspension, and the following packages: Blind spot/cross traffic, all weather/comfort package, 19" chrome OEM 7 spoke wheels, semi-analine leather with alcantra headliner option, ML audio, heated wood steering wheel with leather center pad. It also has a Lexus platinum ext warranty that is good until 2/22/22 or 97,777 miles....

wow she a beaut...!! Love that look she just missing the led headlights which is a must have for me ( don’t want to buy led headlight and program it I want everything stock from Lexus factory) besides that it’s perfect.....
can you pm the asking price and vin if you don’t mind...also I don’t mind flying to the west coast for the purchase...
what’s the wood color.. and also please inform more about the interior you meantion cause I
I’m not fimialar with the semi- analine leather .. so this come with the black roof instead of tan underlined.. many thanks ..!
Old 01-22-21, 12:45 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Vtallysx4
I drive a 2013 AWD w/o air suspension in Brooklyn and Staten Island, the car soaks up the bumps fine. I just replace rear and 2 weeks later, front shocks/ strut mounts at around 120,000 miles. Something like 1000 in OEM parts, total around 500 in labor (also did oil change and brakes all around when I did the rear, Alignment when I did the front- so all this was part of the labor cost). Car rides phenomenal, it was good before too, don't get me wrong, most people would probably not have noticed that the shocks were becoming an issue to address. I never drove an LS with air suspension, so I cannot compare, but w/o air suspension it is perfectly fine over NYC potholes. If I were you, I would pick up a used trade-in from a NJ Lexus dealer, with a COMPLETE history of dealer service or at least CARFAX verified mileage for oil changes. If the mileage goes from 0-xx,xxx without any dealer visits or maintenance visits in its history where someone reported mileage, it should be a BIG red flag. Lexus dealers will gladly accept your check, you can negotiate an out the door price and cut a check. The ones I've been to don't **** around with hidden fees like some other dealerships, the price you see is the price you pay plus tax and DMV fees. I would not suggest buying from a private party around NYC, not for a 30,000 car, unless the story they sell you REALLY makes sense. Good luck!
thank you for the information I was looking for this message
the price is common for most Lexus struts and installation $1500 for new suspension is a blessing..!! Do you have the link for that dealership from jersey.... or contact info
you have 18 or 19 rims...
stupid question but does the phone holder fits in the center air vents with no issue like falling off...??also would it be possible to change the led Foglights on this model...color wise..last question what’s base model or which model that doesn’t have air suspension.... (or was that an added option)
thank you for the info
Old 01-22-21, 04:39 AM
mikesrx350
Instructor

Received 253 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrbungle11
im definitely gonna do my research and homework before buying .. I’m searching state wide... thank goodness I have a car so I’m not rushing in to buying which I have before ...
this baby is gonna burn into the ground before I get another car (headaches searching ) ..but the right up to date to me car that I want .... I don’t might driving or take a plane cause I rather see it in person and test driving it before I buy .. plus it’s would be a little vacation...
In a perfect world we would have German designers and Japanese engineers ...j/k
thanks for the info
also why not Jersery I understand New York with stop and go traffic...???
because I lived in NJ for 10 years, and had a good life, but ruined my suspensions enough to share with you the buy from Florida.
I sense your particular and if you want to hold on to a vehicle buy a car from florida, research it and you will find what you want.
cheers good luck
Old 01-22-21, 08:58 AM
Vtallysx4
Pit Crew

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

thank you for the information I was looking for this message
the price is common for most Lexus struts and installation $1500 for new suspension is a blessing..!! Do you have the link for that dealership from jersey.... or contact info
you have 18 or 19 rims...
stupid question but does the phone holder fits in the center air vents with no issue like falling off...??also would it be possible to change the led Foglights on this model...color wise..last question what’s base model or which model that doesn’t have air suspension.... (or was that an added option)
thank you for the info
I have the 18 inch rims. My phone stayed fine in the center left air vent but I got tired of it blocking the vent. I bought a popsocket for the back of my phone and a sticky popsocket mount that fit over the clock and just centered it there. I never looked at the clock, I don't care for it, and my phone now fits perfectly between the two vents and is easy to see. Some may feel that I desecrated the dashboard but I love the new location. I got my Lexus at Prestige Lexus, my previous LS came from Lexus of Brooklyn (Bay Ridge). Both were fine with a check, both were price +tax and DMV fees. There is a Lexus dealer in Hackensack, they sucked, disrespectful, no interest in my questions, ignored me, so they didn't get my money. Lexus of Rt. 10 salespeople were great, really respectful, no pressure, easy to get along with, very friendly and helpful even when they realized they didn't have what I wanted on the lot. So I would say Prestige, Route 10, and Lexus of Brooklyn are all good. Although, I liked Route 10 the best, even though I didn't buy from them.
My model is the AWD base without air suspension, without Mark Levinson- I replaced all of the speakers, amp and subwoofer to compensate, the stock system is lacking.
Old 01-23-21, 01:30 PM
2008M3
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by csrpenfab
Too bad you're not on the West Coast! Looks like I'll soon be listing my wife's 2014 LS460. Silver over black, and in pristine condition. Lexus dealer serviced every 5k for its' entire 77k miles so far. Brand new Michelin tires, no air suspension, and the following packages: Blind spot/cross traffic, all weather/comfort package, 19" chrome OEM 7 spoke wheels, semi-analine leather with alcantra headliner option, ML audio, heated wood steering wheel with leather center pad. It also has a Lexus platinum ext warranty that is good until 2/22/22 or 97,777 miles....
im in socal and looking for one, how much are u asking?
Old 01-24-21, 11:59 PM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

I have the 18 inch rims. My phone stayed fine in the center left air vent but I got tired of it blocking the vent. I bought a popsocket for the back of my phone and a sticky popsocket mount that fit over the clock and just centered it there. I never looked at the clock, I don't care for it, and my phone now fits perfectly between the two vents and is easy to see. Some may feel that I desecrated the dashboard but I love the new location. I got my Lexus at Prestige Lexus, my previous LS came from Lexus of Brooklyn (Bay Ridge). Both were fine with a check, both were price +tax and DMV fees. There is a Lexus dealer in Hackensack, they sucked, disrespectful, no interest in my questions, ignored me, so they didn't get my money. Lexus of Rt. 10 salespeople were great, really respectful, no pressure, easy to get along with, very friendly and helpful even when they realized they didn't have what I wanted on the lot. So I would say Prestige, Route 10, and Lexus of Brooklyn are all good. Although, I liked Route 10 the best, even though I didn't buy from them.
My model is the AWD base without air suspension, without Mark Levinson- I replaced all of the speakers, amp and subwoofer to compensate, the stock system is lacking.
sorry for the late reply do you have a pic of the phone mounts mentioned...! I’m almost find the perfect car from Lexus in bay ridge brooklyn
i could live with the white exterior plus it has the rare black interior for white cars..... but it doesn’t have the led headlights .....
darn it so close ...... plus I’m like 3 miles away from that dealership and my boy who has a audio shop near by the dealership on 65th street I no owe people there so I can get a few little discount ...... damn light why oh why couldn’t it have led highlight....!!

Old 01-25-21, 12:05 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

sorry for the late reply do you have a pic of the phone mounts mentioned...! I’m almost find the perfect car from Lexus in bay ridge brooklyn
i could live with the white exterior plus it has the rare black interior for white cars..... but it doesn’t have the led headlights .....
darn it so close ...... plus I’m like 3 miles away from that dealership and my boy who has a audio shop near by the dealership on 65th street I no owe people there so I can get a few little discount ...... damn light why oh why couldn’t it have led highlight....!!

So close .... black interior. Nice wheels ...
AWD..... low miles .....(white ext) I can live with ...
I might just go for a test drive .... plus they’ll take my trade in......

if anybody know if there a led headlight conversion for this car where everything works no cutting. No nothing I’ll buy the headlights and harness...OEM please let me know that’s the only thing that holding the trigger....
Old 01-25-21, 12:33 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

So close .... black interior. Nice wheels ...
AWD..... low miles .....(white ext) I can live with ...
I might just go for a test drive .... plus they’ll take my trade in......

if anybody know if there a led headlight conversion for this car where everything works no cutting. No nothing I’ll buy the headlights and harness...OEM please let me know that’s the only thing that holding the trigger....

6years unlimited miles warranty...... I’m gonna get an appointment this week to see the car.... What would you guys do .... am I crazy cause I want the led headlights or am I rushing and jsust wait to find the perfect car to my liking ..... Thank you to all your reply ls and information..!! Have a blessed day...!!!!!! This is $40000 and I want to make a wise decision.. Help me out wait or dive in...???
Old 01-25-21, 04:23 AM
Vtallysx4
Pit Crew

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

The following users liked this post:
Mrbungle11 (01-25-21)
Old 01-25-21, 04:48 AM
mikesrx350
Instructor

Received 253 Likes on 180 Posts

makes total sense, a car with known sensitive front end components and costly ones,
and after sharing about where not to buy one from you choose Bayridge Brooklyn where 32k is equivalent to 90,000 miles
good luck in the search and with your purchase

Last edited by mikesrx350; 01-25-21 at 04:57 AM.
Old 01-25-21, 05:50 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

Bay Ridge is ok, the sales ppl at Route 10 may be good but I just recently had a very bad experience with their service department so I would not recommend them for any service issues. I really liked the dealership in Bridgewater.
Old 01-25-21, 11:36 PM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mikesrx350
makes total sense, a car with known sensitive front end components and costly ones,
and after sharing about where not to buy one from you choose Bayridge Brooklyn where 32k is equivalent to 90,000 miles
good luck in the search and with your purchase
It’s sold anyways .... your right if I’m gonna make a investment I’ll just take time looking for the right car from me and I’ll find cars from warmer weather.... I’m just gonna search Lexus dealers only since I want the warranty..
so your suggestion was Florida .... any other stalker you also suggested...
thank you
Old 01-25-21, 11:40 PM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

double side tape or suction..?
took me a minute to find it that thing blended in perfect
Old 01-26-21, 01:42 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Is there a way to search Lexus dealership statewide easily instead of goggle Lexus dealership state by state...!!??
please let me know thanks
Old 01-26-21, 03:28 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

Is there a way to search Lexus dealership statewide easily instead of goggle Lexus dealership state by state...!!??
please let me know thanks
Not that I know, you have to go to each one individually to see what they have in stock.

Quick Reply: Please help me find a carefree ls460