LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Project LS600HL for cheap

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-21, 11:08 PM
miket000
Instructor

Received 525 Likes on 322 Posts

LILEVO I ordered one from the link.

sdls That is exactly what I wanted to hear!

Thank you both!
The following users liked this post:
sdls (02-03-21)
Old 02-04-21, 05:52 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by miket000
I decided to dig into the c1732 code tonight.

Does anyone have the part number for these air strut zip ties?

I guess I don't need to bother ohming out the strut. From the top, the strut looks slightly off center. Possibly bent?

They obviously zip tied it because the 2 clips that hold the actuator in place are missing. I have the 1731 code for the other side and found 2 wires on the harness were broken. I can't figure out how to depin the 2 terminals so I can fix them. I might have to take it to a shop.

Old 02-04-21, 06:38 PM
miket000
Instructor

Sha4000 Congrats on finding your problem. That sure beats changing the strut for no reason.

I just took a look at mine. I didn't realize how small the pins are. They look pretty easy to damage. If you don't have room to solder, I would contact someone on ebay parting one of these out. I'd buy the entire plug with 1ft of the harness on it. Then splice it onto your car. I'd probably ruin that plug trying to depin it.

Maybe you could practice on another harness at the junk yard Either way I bet your happy to have finally found the issue.
Old 02-04-21, 06:56 PM
LILEVO
Advanced

Received 232 Likes on 113 Posts

Amazon Amazon
miket000 (02-05-21)
Old 02-05-21, 02:30 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Sha4000 Congrats on finding your problem. That sure beats changing the strut for no reason.

I just took a look at mine. I didn't realize how small the pins are. They look pretty easy to damage. If you don't have room to solder, I would contact someone on ebay parting one of these out. I'd buy the entire plug with 1ft of the harness on it. Then splice it onto your car. I'd probably ruin that plug trying to depin it.

Maybe you could practice on another harness at the junk yard Either way I bet your happy to have finally found the issue.
I already ordered 2 front OEM struts on eBay from triple creations before I found the damaged wires in the harness. I had to cut the protective sheathing back to see the damage. An expensive what if but I didn't want to take a chance and I figured that the struts would lose most of it's dampening in the near future anyway. $1300 for 2 front struts is not that bad but I was tempted to try those Chinese struts but common sense prevailed. Not that I'm against the Chinese struts but I would have to see some positive reviews after a couple of year using them and I could not find any after scouring the web extensively!!!
Old 02-05-21, 08:09 AM
Anfanger
Pole Position

Received 889 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by sha4000
I already ordered 2 front OEM struts on eBay from triple creations before I found the damaged wires in the harness. I had to cut the protective sheathing back to see the damage. An expensive what if but I didn't want to take a chance and I figured that the struts would lose most of it's dampening in the near future anyway. $1300 for 2 front struts is not that bad but I was tempted to try those Chinese struts but common sense prevailed. Not that I'm against the Chinese struts but I would have to see some positive reviews after a couple of year using them and I could not find any after scouring the web extensively!!!
I got rear sway bar links from TripleCreations yesterday! Sadly, he does not have everything for LS460.
Old 02-05-21, 08:10 AM
LILEVO
Advanced

Received 232 Likes on 113 Posts

This is another good place to get struts: https://partsouq.com/
Old 02-05-21, 08:17 AM
Anfanger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LILEVO
This is another good place to get struts: https://partsouq.com/
I have seen that seller on Ebay, but TripleCreation is still cheaper with shipping included.
Old 02-05-21, 08:22 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Anfanger
I got rear sway bar links from TripleCreations yesterday! Sadly, he does not have everything for LS460.
Maybe not but the struts were $150 cheaper than a place in Texas that were advertising OEM front shocks and that's including shipping. I did not think it was worth the extra money to get it a couple of days sooner. The only thing that slightly worries me is that your dealing with a foreign entity and the state no returns but your covered by the eBay thing for all that's worth.
Old 02-05-21, 08:24 AM
Anfanger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sha4000
Maybe not but the struts were $150 cheaper than a place in Texas that were advertising OEM front shocks and that's including shipping. I did not think it was worth the extra money to get it a couple of days sooner. The only thing that slightly worries me is that your dealing with a foreign entity and the state no returns but your covered by the eBay thing for all that's worth.
It was for me because when I was getting my front air struts I checked other sellers including the link provided. TripleCreation was the cheapest including shipping OEM seller at that time.
Old 02-05-21, 05:16 PM
miket000
Instructor

While swapping the right mirror puddle light to an LED I decided to tighten up the 3 torx screws in the mirror assembly. There is an awful lot of disassembly to access those 3 screws! This side mirror no longer has play.

Next up the drivers side. The mirror on the drivers side is really loose. It doesn't always fold in our out. I suspect the 3 torx screws are backed out so far they are snagging on something. I'm really curious to see the inside of the left doors. The hollow sound they make leads me to believe they are missing something.

Last edited by miket000; 02-05-21 at 05:27 PM.
joedaddy1 (09-25-22)
Old 02-05-21, 08:41 PM
miket000
Instructor

The crash bar inside the drivers door detached from the door skin. The 4 round glue ***** all seperated. I resecured them with some goop plus reattached the black thing. I think the black thing is a window stop or guide. One of the 3 interior door panel screws was also missing.

I'm crossing my fingers the bad drummer inside my door has been silenced.

The following 2 users liked this post by miket000:
DerrickM (02-05-21), myw (11-03-21)
Old 02-05-21, 10:34 PM
DerrickM
Advanced

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts

Nice work! Glad you're taking so many pictures
miket000 (02-06-21)
Old 02-06-21, 05:04 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

While swapping the right mirror puddle light to an LED I decided to tighten up the 3 torx screws in the mirror assembly. There is an awful lot of disassembly to access those 3 screws! This side mirror no longer has play.

Next up the drivers side. The mirror on the drivers side is really loose. It doesn't always fold in our out. I suspect the 3 torx screws are backed out so far they are snagging on something. I'm really curious to see the inside of the left doors. The hollow sound they make leads me to believe they are missing something.

It seems after a while all these mirror develop some play. I've been considering tightening mine up but don't feel like doing all that work for something that's just a lil annoying. Your making me reconsider that decision lol.
miket000 (02-06-21)
Old 02-07-21, 06:32 PM
miket000
Instructor

Unfortunately I couldn't save the mirror on the left side. Besides being loose it randomly would not fold in or out. Tightening the 3 torx screws didn't fix the looseness. I took it apart and discovered one of the worm gears had some play. I inserted a few washers which helped. Unfortunately the circuit board has issues. I tested the motor with a 9v. It functions with plenty of torque. I attempted to plug it in with it taken apart and the worm gear would only spin a few revolutions before stopping. I already spend too much time on this considering new ones only cost $100. I ordered a used oem assembly so I can swap my mirror covers over without painting.

I've snapped that locking tab on all of these I've opened. Luckily it doesn't seem to cause any side effects. They are still tight when assembled.

Keeping track of which ones have washers for the new mirror.

Notice that C clip. Don't take it off. It's a pia to get back on lol.

Once I figured out a way to compress the spring the c clip was easy to install.

Big gap allows for too much side to side play.

I added these washers.

Washers installed.

Bad circuit board.
sha4000 (02-08-21)

Quick Reply: Project LS600HL for cheap