LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Anyone with the 4 seater ottoman want to help me out ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-21, 08:10 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 212 Likes on 190 Posts
Default Anyone with the 4 seater ottoman want to help me out ?

I知 trying to do some mods, I removed the rear centre console. Now I have trouble putting stuff back lol, I値l share all that I gather as usual of course. The top wooden cover that flips up to reveal the headphone ports and DVD player. If you look at the top edge of that piece that rolls back, that痴 held by something, I can稚 seem to figure out what exactly that sone thing is ... most likely a spring and how that spring attaches to the frame.

here are diagrams of how the panels are removed to reveal the innards.

I would also appreciate photos of both sides of the ashtray, where all the hinges are at.

why woukd might ask am I doing all this:

1. polishing the panels and getting them wrapped in some kind of paint protection film.

2. removing the useless dvd to see if something else can be fitted in there using custom wires connected to stock harness or maybe someone makes a harness or makes devices that plug into this sort of harness.

3. failing which I shall just use that space and bracket to mount sone sort of av device that is more up to date. Hard to say what at the moment it depends on what I find out when it comes to the wires etc.