LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Oops I think I broke my car

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-21, 02:59 AM
Anfanger
Pole Position

Received 893 Likes on 659 Posts

I had pale green and I replaced it with purple or whatever the color is. I believe there are 4 different colors. Different color injectors are different from each other I am not sure what makes them different. What I found when I was researching it, you can't mix different colors within same bank. Otherwise, you can have any color. There is a Teflon seal on each injector, do not try to replace it unless you have a special tool. I installed ones I bought without any modifications. It is being around 5k miles ever since.

It comes back to me now. Color of injector is defined by the color of rubber seal.

Broken is on the left with a black seal and a replacement injector off Ebay on the right with a brown seal.

Last edited by Anfanger; 02-18-21 at 04:19 AM.
The following users liked this post:
sdls (02-19-21)
Old 02-18-21, 03:16 AM
lwphat66
Instructor

Received 451 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by jdanielca
what colour do you have ?and are they all the same ?
The different colors signify different pressures. I filed a chart away some time ago, so I'll have to see if I can find it.
jdanielca (02-18-21)
Old 02-18-21, 02:54 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 213 Likes on 191 Posts

I learnt something new today, this is FYI to you people if you don’t have oil or coolant milkshake doesn’t mean you don’t have a blown head gasket. From rhe very start I wanted to check but I was too busy I put it off. Advise to you, have a trust worthy independent race shop or something do it. Don’t be like me, I had my exhaust check because that’s whet it sounded like, no leaks. I never though it could be the head gasket:

”if the head gasket fails in such a way it allows the compressed air/fuel to escape, the compression of that cylinder is reduced. This loss of compression results in a rough running engine and a notable reduction in engine power. This sort of failure typically is accompanied by a sound like an exhaust leak.”

so my engine running rougher was an issue but I had assumed because of the movement when changing gears from P to D etc it’s the engine mounts.

so heads up !!
Old 02-19-21, 04:29 AM
Anfanger
Pole Position

Received 893 Likes on 659 Posts

If head gasket leak is suspected, compression test needs to be performed. Presence of gas in the coolant, coolant in oil or oil in coolant indicates a severe leak.
Old 02-19-21, 06:05 AM
JffGRY706
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

help me Im being cancelled like Dr seuss and Curious George give Elmer Fudd back his shotgun

Last edited by JffGRY706; 03-05-21 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-19-21, 06:23 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by JffGRY706
so why haven't you'all started a go-fund-me page for this guy so he can get a new engine
seems that is what he wants
Great idea. And, let's get me one so I can get some of those Oliver Enterprise Exhaust Vents !!!
Old 02-19-21, 09:07 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JffGRY706
so why haven't you'all started a go-fund-me page for this guy so he can get a new engine
seems that is what he wants
very funny, if only life were so easy but I’ve started negotiations with a seller in I’ll let you guys know how it goes
sdls (02-19-21)
Old 02-19-21, 06:38 PM
JffGRY706
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

MODERATOR EDIT: JffGRY706 please exit this thread. No need for the personal attacks on our community

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-19-21 at 07:12 PM.
sha4000 (02-20-21)
Old 02-20-21, 04:33 PM
Protholl
Instructor

Received 192 Likes on 161 Posts

If you suspect a head gasket leak I'd suggest a coolant test...

jdanielca (02-21-21)
Old 02-21-21, 09:14 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Btw I was was asked by the mods to change my avatar, that’s disappointing that the world has come to this. The death of expression and free speech when nothing was directed at anyone. As a result I shall not be contributing here as much as I usually do. I guess some people will be happy
Old 02-21-21, 09:32 AM
DerrickM
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 112 Posts

Btw I was was asked by the mods to change my avatar, that’s disappointing that the world has come to this. The death of expression and free speech when nothing was directed at anyone. As a result I shall not be contributing here as much as I usually do. I guess some people will be happy
I wouldn't take it personally. Some people could be offended, and that's not really in the best interest of the brand. I enjoy seeing your posts, and hope you'll keep it up. As somebody who's never taken anything apart on my LS, I find repair pictures very interesting!
The following 2 users liked this post by DerrickM:
jdanielca (02-21-21), sdls (02-21-21)
Old 02-21-21, 10:32 AM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 294 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by DerrickM
I wouldn't take it personally. Some people could be offended, and that's not really in the best interest of the brand. I enjoy seeing your posts, and hope you'll keep it up. As somebody who's never taken anything apart on my LS, I find repair pictures very interesting!
for sure. I haven’t tarted up my profile or created a signature since they’re just distractions. The posts are what count. jdanielca shouldn’t be let down by any naysayers.
jdanielca (02-21-21)
Old 02-21-21, 11:45 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,751 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Originally Posted by DerrickM
I agree. Dont take it personally, its part of the world we live in today. The mods wouldn't have contacted you about it unless people complained, and you cant blame them for not wanting to deal with people complaining all the time.
jdanielca (02-21-21)
Old 02-21-21, 12:22 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Aww thanks guys it’s the opinion of the regulars that matter.

I’m not the nicest guy but I try and the “realest” no bs, no coddling but lots of sharing and caring when I ask questions I follow through with results when I post stuff I try and be as detailed as possible. I’m glad that there are people who’s appreciate it. I don’t always get to post pics coz I don’t do the job but I do what I can when it’s relevant like damage to the suspension systems etc. . Anyways there are 3 engine options in 3 different countries I’m working on and. Once I get this fixed I can move on to my other ideas for the car, suspension mods etc. Heating cooling etc...the benefit I can bring is share innovate solutions people come up with in Eastern Europe to guys there.

sdls (02-21-21)
Old 02-21-21, 12:47 PM
tx170754
Intermediate

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Aww thanks guys it’s the opinion of the regulars that matter.

I’m not the nicest guy but I try and the “realest” no bs, no coddling but lots of sharing and caring when I ask questions I follow through with results when I post stuff I try and be as detailed as possible. I’m glad that there are people who’s appreciate it. I don’t always get to post pics coz I don’t do the job but I do what I can when it’s relevant like damage to the suspension systems etc. . Anyways there are 3 engine options in 3 different countries I’m working on and. Once I get this fixed I can move on to my other ideas for the car, suspension mods etc. Heating cooling etc...the benefit I can bring is share innovate solutions people come up with in Eastern Europe to guys there.
To, me you’re an asset to this forum, keep doing the great job !
The following 3 users liked this post by tx170754:
jdanielca (02-21-21), sdls (02-21-21), SW17LS (02-21-21)

Quick Reply: Oops I think I broke my car