LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Oops I think I broke my car

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-21, 12:53 PM
tx170754
Intermediate

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

If somebody wants to take the initiative and collect money to help him I will be the first one to contribute !
Old 02-21-21, 01:07 PM
lwphat66
Instructor

Received 448 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by jdanielca
Btw I was was asked by the mods to change my avatar, that’s disappointing that the world has come to this. The death of expression and free speech when nothing was directed at anyone. As a result I shall not be contributing here as much as I usually do. I guess some people will be happy
I don't know which is more juvenile, that avatar or you taking all your toys and going home. C'mon man, butch up brother!
Old 02-21-21, 02:17 PM
Anfanger
Pole Position

Received 889 Likes on 656 Posts

You had a good thread going then it got personal. Instead of ignoring certain posts, you made wrong conclusions and acting like a child. And lets not forget that you can be rude and disrespectful.

I suggest you get back on track and keep reporting your progress. If you decide to leave, nobody is going to beg to stay.
Old 02-21-21, 02:19 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,270 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Members, let's drop the personal commentary here immediately.

Anfanger, exit this thread.

If you consistently don't like a particular's members posts, put them on your ignore list
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pro...?do=ignorelist
The following users liked this post:
tx170754 (02-21-21)
Old 02-21-21, 03:43 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 355 Likes on 245 Posts

Regarding the head gasket — Looking at the photos of your cylinders, I doubt you had a blown head gasket. A blown head gasket would have leaked coolant into two adjoining cylinders and they would have looked SPOTLESS. And yours doesn’t.

I guess you could have had an external head gasket leak, but I doubt it.
jdanielca (02-22-21)
Old 02-21-21, 04:22 PM
miket000
Instructor

Received 525 Likes on 322 Posts

jdanielca Can you please describe your exhaust noise you had? The 600 I've been tinkering with is unusually loud. I would describe the sound as a bigger engine. 500-700 rpm the noise is comparable if not the same as our 460. 1500 rpm and above it has a kind of drone resonating sound. Once warmed up it doesn't seem to be quite as loud.

The noise is definitely from the engine bay. I've ordered engine mounts, a tensioner and water pump. Some of the noise is coming from that area. The rest of the noise seems to be near the rear of the engine by the firewall. These are pictures of the exhaust. Typically the cars here do not rust. This one spent a year or so in a climate where they salt the roads. Would this amount of rust possibly rot out a hole somewhere? I'm guessing no, but thought I'd ask for other opinions.

Editing to add photos from phone....

Old 02-22-21, 02:39 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 212 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Doublebase
Regarding the head gasket — Looking at the photos of your cylinders, I doubt you had a blown head gasket. A blown head gasket would have leaked coolant into two adjoining cylinders and they would have looked SPOTLESS. And yours doesn’t.

I guess you could have had an external head gasket leak, but I doubt it.
I can google but if you want to explain what’s an external head gasket leak ? I have 0 idea
Old 02-22-21, 02:41 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Originally Posted by miket000
jdanielca Can you please describe your exhaust noise you had? The 600 I've been tinkering with is unusually loud. I would describe the sound as a bigger engine. 500-700 rpm the noise is comparable if not the same as our 460. 1500 rpm and above it has a kind of drone resonating sound. Once warmed up it doesn't seem to be quite as loud.

The noise is definitely from the engine bay. I've ordered engine mounts, a tensioner and water pump. Some of the noise is coming from that area. The rest of the noise seems to be near the rear of the engine by the firewall. These are pictures of the exhaust. Typically the cars here do not rust. This one spent a year or so in a climate where they salt the roads. Would this amount of rust possibly rot out a hole somewhere? I'm guessing no, but thought I'd ask for other opinions.

Editing to add photos from phone....

go check out all the videos I posted https://youtube.com/channel/UCKfw39t0qXwiy3MhqFGw3cg

It sounds like a noisy engine rumble or maybe exhaust I don’t know exactly how to describe
miket000 (02-23-21)
Old 02-22-21, 07:35 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

https://haynes.com/en-us/tips-tutori...asket-can-fail

Number 2 and 5 in terms of their symptoms and signs I was definitely not aware of. And for 2, how it affects the engine.

And you won’t be able to see this through your engine oil and coolant. Just some useful reading.
Old 02-24-21, 02:55 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 355 Likes on 245 Posts

I can google but if you want to explain what’s an external head gasket leak ? I have 0 idea
Its when the coolant leaks externally, instead of Internally. So, it will leak where the head meets the block and drips down the intake side or exhaust side.
jdanielca (02-24-21)
Old 02-26-21, 11:53 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Update I have decided to pursue Lexus to make it right. I have emails the head of a Lexus Europe.

if they took my engine apart said all was ok then this should not be happening 1.5 years later right? They told me not to worry about engine being apart that I should be happy that what I have is essentially a rebuilt engine.... well I doubted it then and see what happened. I asked for a replacement engine then and im asking for it again now .
Old 02-27-21, 03:45 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts

Update I have decided to pursue Lexus to make it right. I have emails the head of a Lexus Europe.

if they took my engine apart said all was ok then this should not be happening 1.5 years later right? They told me not to worry about engine being apart that I should be happy that what I have is essentially a rebuilt engine.... well I doubted it then and see what happened. I asked for a replacement engine then and im asking for it again now .
I didn't know you had the work done at a Lexus Dealership.
Old 02-27-21, 05:01 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy
I didn't know you had the work done at a Lexus Dealership.
search my username and read the whole juicy story lol
Old 02-27-21, 06:17 AM
lwphat66
Instructor

Received 448 Likes on 322 Posts

Dang bro, what a rollercoaster ride! Really hope you get all your issues sorted out without too much difficulty or too many hassles.
jdanielca (02-27-21)
Old 03-07-21, 10:27 AM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 294 Likes on 242 Posts

Any updates on the car, jdanielca?
NotFasty (03-07-21)

Quick Reply: Oops I think I broke my car