LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New Andriod 10.0 screen for our ls460. WoWer

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-21, 06:58 AM
lwphat66
Instructor

Received 448 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by aristo1987
yeah...just buy it from a different seller as long its not the same person i bought it from. I didn't get a chance to really dive into it but it did seem like it had everything. Mark Levinson compatible, ac unit can be controlled from the front and rear. Retained factory backup camera, super loud and clear audio. Radio station works great and much more.
Is this the same unit/model that caused your passenger airbag indicator light not to function properly? And if so, what was the fix for it? Appreciate the info
Old 04-14-21, 08:23 AM
KiwiSlovak
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

So just got a reply from ZWNAV Factory Store (the Aliexpress link i sent above) that their head unit is Mark Levinson and reversing camera compatible for my 2007 RWD LS460, so i just pulled the trigger on the 6g 128 gb version. I'll keep you guys posted once it arrives and i find time to install it.
The following users liked this post:
Ragnar1348 (07-10-24)
Old 04-14-21, 08:51 AM
AZGS4
Intermediate

Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by KiwiSlovak
So just got a reply from ZWNAV Factory Store (the Aliexpress link i sent above) that their head unit is Mark Levinson and reversing camera compatible for my 2007 RWD LS460, so i just pulled the trigger on the 6g 128 gb version. I'll keep you guys posted once it arrives and i find time to install it.
That's great to hear. I hope this works out well, because it seems very promising and something I would be interested in as well.
Old 04-14-21, 09:05 AM
aristo1987
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by lwphat66
Is this the same unit/model that caused your passenger airbag indicator light not to function properly? And if so, what was the fix for it? Appreciate the info
this is correct the only big flaws was the passenger airbag light came on after installing it.

I wasn't able to find a solution but i have already uninstalled it. I tried contacting the seller but my seller that sold me the unit is an a hole. Did not want to help at all. Im pretty sure it can be fixed with a updated canbus or harness or both.

So im very interested to see if the other member on here will have the same problem when he gets its.

Last edited by aristo1987; 04-14-21 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-14-21, 09:09 AM
aristo1987
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KiwiSlovak

Hey please email your seller back and let them know that another member bought one from another seller but is having issues with the srs airbag light on the dashboard. These Chinese seller will most likely say dont worry its compatible lol.

2nd the ac function works but you can only see low and hi when adjusting the temperature. There should be digital numbers. A side from that its a great unit. The main concern is definitely the srs airbag light on the dashboard.
Old 04-14-21, 09:50 AM
aristo1987
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lwphat66
the passenger airbag will definitely still work if you get into a car accident while a passenger is in there. The reason why the srs airbag light is on the dashboard is because the factory head unit where its controls the ac and heating is also built in with airbag srs on/off circuit switch.

This can definitely be resolved either by having the company sending you an updated canbus or harness or probably both. There is a way to turn off the airbag lights but its to complicated for me to do and i dont want to risk damaging anything. Basically you can add resistors to the harness that control's the passenger airbag off/on circuit.

I rather let the seller know so that way they can let the manufacturer or their technician know so they can resolve this with either a updated canbus or harness or both.
The following users liked this post:
Ragnar1348 (07-10-24)
Old 04-14-21, 06:29 PM
aristo1987
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aristo1987
the passenger airbag will definitely still work if you get into a car accident while a passenger is in there. The reason why the srs airbag light is on the dashboard is because the factory head unit where its controls the ac and heating is also built in with airbag srs on/off circuit switch.

This can definitely be resolved either by having the company sending you an updated canbus or harness or probably both. There is a way to turn off the airbag lights but its to complicated for me to do and i dont want to risk damaging anything. Basically you can add resistors to the harness that control's the passenger airbag off/on circuit.

I rather let the seller know so that way they can let the manufacturer or their technician know so they can resolve this with either a updated canbus or harness or both.
if it wasn't for the cracked screen and bezel thats hold the screen on the back. I would keep it. The seller would not replace my unit or refund me. Now im going through hell disputing this with Aliexpress and paypal. Its to bad...because i could've brought in a lot business for him but since he did me dirty. I cant recommend the seller i bought it from and I have removed his link.

If its still out there somewhere be warned and do not buy from him or her.
Old 04-15-21, 01:01 AM
KiwiSlovak
Rookie

Cheers for the feedback guys, I've asked ZWNAV store to contact the manufacturer about the points on air bag light and air con temp and I dangled the carrot that if they solve things and the head unit works well then i'll be sharing the feedback here so let's hope they come to the party.
The following 2 users liked this post by KiwiSlovak:
aristo1987 (04-15-21), BiGEZ (04-16-21)
Old 04-28-21, 03:38 AM
KiwiSlovak
Rookie

Hi guys, so the head unit from ZWNAV store on Ali-express arrived today and everything looks good with no damage so it was well packaged (came from Germany) - pictures attached. I've had a look through the wiring and connected everything to the back as it seems pretty much plug-n-play, but will only know for sure once i get time this coming weekend to do the dirty work. Re the questions about the passenger air bag warning light I'm guessing the Can Bus decoder box is probably for that - i need to ask the sellor. As to the air con temp display i won't know if this was solved until its installed. Will keep you guys posted.

The following 6 users liked this post by KiwiSlovak:
460LQ8 (04-28-21), aristo1987 (04-28-21), BiGEZ (04-28-21), Boomin (04-28-21), myw (09-12-22), Ragnar1348 (07-10-24) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-28-21, 05:00 AM
460LQ8
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking forward to the update.
Old 04-28-21, 09:27 AM
AZGS4
Intermediate

Looks good. Is it just the picture, or is the text on the buttons not very prominent? Kind of hard to read, at least in the picture.
Old 04-28-21, 09:34 AM
KiwiSlovak
Rookie

Yep the text is quite light but I'm hoping it's backlit so won't be an issue
Old 04-28-21, 09:37 AM
AZGS4
Intermediate

It may be backlit, although I do not believe the stock buttons are backlit during the day. I am hoping for the best for you.
Old 04-28-21, 04:32 PM
aristo1987
Pole Position

All the buttons will light up when your car light is on. During the day no unless you manually turn it on but all the buttons does light up when its dark or when you turn the lights on. Your unit has a fan mine doesn't i think because you got the bigger hard drive. Mine is the smaller one other than that....The unit is identical. Your canbus looks exactly like mine same version but who knows. Maybe they updated internally. The wiring harnesses cant really tell but it looks like mine.

Man i hope you dont have the airbag light issue like i do. If you dont. Thats means either 3 things. Canbus has been updated, 2 maybe harness is updated and the pins are in the right locations of the connectors or 3 the actually unit is update.

So with me i cant really say until you install yours. Even then it could be anything but i literally plugged eveything in correctly and trying unplugging some connectors but still have the air bag lights.

I can say for sure i know which wire/connector that is controlling it because i plugged the original head unit back in and started unplug each connector until the airbag light came on and it was this one. I will attach a photo.

Last edited by aristo1987; 04-29-21 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-28-21, 04:34 PM
aristo1987
Pole Position

So that original connector plugs into the aftermarket connector which is this one which seems kinda off since theres only like 5 wires to it

Quick Reply: New Andriod 10.0 screen for our ls460. WoWer