LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New Andriod 10.0 screen for our ls460. WoWer

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-21, 09:11 AM
aristo1987
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by KiwiSlovak
So I've been using the unit while the car is sitting outside my house with the engine on and have identified a few more issues:
  • reversing camera isn't connected - just an onscreen message "No Video Signal" so presumably one of the original plugs should connect to the units "video in" RCA cable however there's no adapter supplied (will flag this with the sellor)
  • in menu item "Car settings" it seems you can bring up car models but no LS is listed just 06 Lexus IS low, 06 Lexus IS high, 06-12 ES high, 06-12 ES low, 09 Prado high, 09 Prado low => this makes me wonder if they've simply dropped in the electronic unit from these models to the plastic surround for an LS and tried to flog it off?
  • the temperature doesn't show in the air con (issue flagged at the start already so was known)
  • the FM radio signal is a bit poorer than it was before - and i've been unable to work out how to connect my Kenwood DAB unit as yet (will ask the vendor) - this runs via AUX but isn't being picked up
Given these issues and the air bag warning light problem I'm going to raise a dispute with Ali-express as the vendor's engineer is "on holiday" until 7 May so no support right now.

So right now I wouldn't recommend anyone go near any of the LS Android head units unless the vendor is able to provide comprehensive documentation on the connections to the existing wiring? I asked for an installation manual and didn't get any reply yet!

I sent you a dm regarding the backup camera. It should work after you follow the instructions i gave you. As for the FM radio signal being weak. I didn't have this problem but i think the reason why you have this problem is due to the fact that the original fm antenna is way to short and it barely going inside slot. Definitely get an extension and this should be resolve.

Yes, i also notice there is an option for ls460 car selection in the settings but when i tried selecting it it wouldn't save it? I dont know if this is a big deal or if it will make any major differences cause i had a gs350 and i also bought a Tesla screen unit and when i installed it. In the settings there was non for the gs350 only is250 which everyone in the forum said it was fine and thats how it is but this was years ago. So i dont know about now but its good that to mention this to the seller. Lets see what they have to say.
Old 06-25-21, 10:29 AM
KiwiSlovak
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Default don't use ZWNAV

So guys after many weeks of trying to get the AliExpress vendor ZWNAV to get the air bag light and air con display fixed I gave up on hearing "we'll check with the engineer, please wait". AliExpress customer support are behind me returning the unit even though it's outside the return deadline (I got in early with them to explain things) so now it's on it's way back to China.
The good news is I've found another vendor Car GPS Expert who have the same unit with videos showing the unit working without air bag light issue and with the air con temp display showing. So once I get my money back I'll be ordering from them.
What a process....
Old 06-25-21, 01:43 PM
famewolf
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow it's been a long process to get it going huh? I had planned to order this after you reported in and said you were happy but I just found out my 2007 ls460 has the melting dash and armrests and as of March 31st of THIS YEAR they don't give a crap. Said to replace it myself would be $10,000. So now I'm looking into aftermarket fixes with some body shops because I can't afford that. I inherited the car so would like to keep it for sentimental reasons and it only has around 60,000 miles on it. Maybe by the time I get that mess fixed you'll be sporting your new one!
Old 07-13-21, 11:44 PM
xenolex
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Any updates on this?
Old 07-16-21, 11:59 AM
paulmhand
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm interested this as well over the tesla style unit. Let us know your progress please
Old 07-20-21, 10:43 PM
FreddyG
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

Subscribing just because I'd like to see how this turns out.
Old 07-21-21, 03:36 AM
KiwiSlovak
Rookie

I'm just finalizing the return of the unit I got from ZWNAV, AliExpress have so far been great in supporting the return being done after the original return deadline. I'm now waiting for them to process the refund so hope it all comes off. Once I get the money back I'm going to Car GPS Express and will order essentially the same unit but with the air bag light and air con temp settings fixed (if the video on their Ali shop is to be believed). Will keep you all posted.
The following 4 users liked this post by KiwiSlovak:
ausLX (09-12-21), BiGEZ (07-21-21), Boomin (07-21-21), FreddyG (08-01-21)
Old 08-16-21, 09:36 PM
marthal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default checking in

Originally Posted by KiwiSlovak
I'm just finalizing the return of the unit I got from ZWNAV, AliExpress have so far been great in supporting the return being done after the original return deadline. I'm now waiting for them to process the refund so hope it all comes off. Once I get the money back I'm going to Car GPS Express and will order essentially the same unit but with the air bag light and air con temp settings fixed (if the video on their Ali shop is to be believed). Will keep you all posted.
Do you have an update with respect to Car GPS Expert ? received? installed ? Results ? I wonder if behavior would change if they understood there are a lot of us waiting to hear if the issues discussed have resolution. Hope to hear. Thanx
Old 08-26-21, 04:16 AM
KiwiSlovak
Rookie

Hi all, no I haven't gone anywhere with Car GPS Expert yet and right now I have no intention of ever buying anything expensive off AliExpress ever again following both my experience and aristo1987's. After a month in Chinese customs my package finally got delivered to ZWNAV on August 2 and since then they don't answer my chat requests for the refund. Even worse is that even though AliExpress customer service confirmed in May they would get me a refund they keep just saying "we're trying to contact the sellor" and won't answer me when i ask why they can't just process the credit refund against the sellor. So I'm starting to be worried i'm out of pocket $800 as I did some checking and sellor ZWNAV and AOTSR (along with a store Autocenter) are all the same guys, so given aristo1987 got screwed over by AOTSR then i hold out little hope now of a successful refund given that AliExpress are useless. What's even worse is AliExpress have recently stopped the option to contact a live agent, they have the chatbot but for several months i could bypass to a person, but now that's gone and everything is a request with 24 hours for them to answer.
So my recommendation is buy anything at your peril from Aliexpress stores - no-one can be trusted as the reviews are so distorted by fakes.
The following users liked this post:
Boomin (08-26-21)
Old 09-06-21, 07:27 PM
Cgw1984
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by famewolf
Wow it's been a long process to get it going huh? I had planned to order this after you reported in and said you were happy but I just found out my 2007 ls460 has the melting dash and armrests and as of March 31st of THIS YEAR they don't give a crap. Said to replace it myself would be $10,000. So now I'm looking into aftermarket fixes with some body shops because I can't afford that. I inherited the car so would like to keep it for sentimental reasons and it only has around 60,000 miles on it. Maybe by the time I get that mess fixed you'll be sporting your new one!
ya, the previous owner had over a decade to fix it. If they didn't, you're not gonna get much sympathy. That said, I've seen 2 posts of yours so far complaining about costs associated with the car, and your fixed income, etc. If it's that severe an issue this most assuredly is not the car for you. 07 isn't exactly a trouble free year, you're not in for smooth sailing.
Old 09-10-21, 01:24 AM
KiwiSlovak
Rookie

Default refunded finally!

Hi all, so in the end I got my money back in full, it took ages but all the comms with AliExpress customer service must have paid off. However as I said earlier with all the fake reviews, poor comms from sellors and crap support I'm not going to risk buying another one unless there's a sellor out there with clear info and photos to show the key aspects are in working order:
1. Mark Levinson supported (various cheaper versions of the head unit make no mention of ML so I'm guessing aren't wired up so you lose the great sound of ML)
2. Air bag light issue solved
3. Air con digital temp settings visible and air con fully functional
4. Reversing camera works ok (mine didn't connect during the tests I was doing and aristo1987 said it's a pretty complex fix if it doesn't work first time up)
There might be others but these I can remember. Good luck whoever wants to have a crack now! If someone has questions I'll try to answer as best I can.
Old 09-11-21, 09:58 AM
Injera
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tesla screen installed

I did the Tesla plus added two screens to the back works and looks great no regrets

Installed by professionals......i would not even attempt
The following 2 users liked this post by Injera:
FreddyG (09-12-21), myw (09-12-22)
Old 09-12-21, 10:33 AM
FreddyG
Intermediate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Injera
I did the Tesla plus added two screens to the back works and looks great no regrets

Installed by professionals......i would not even attempt
Can you Please give us more info? That's a Beautiful installation that looks like it could've come from the factory like that!

Who did the install and if you don't mind, could you also Please give us an idea what something like that cost you?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-13-21, 10:41 AM
Injera
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=FreddyG;11124768]Can you Please give us more info? That's a Beautiful installation that looks like it could've come from the factory like that!

Who did the install and if you don't mind, could you also Please give us an idea what something like that cost you?

Thanks in advanceQUOTE

Well as for the Tesla Screen it is 4gd 64Gb what I did not realize is there are many version of the same screen so you may find them cheaper or more expensive depending on what you want I believe there is one on Amazon for $719 I think mine was around $1000 Plus the 2 Screens in the back was I think about $600 the nice thing is the guaranteed work and equipment if you have any issuee just bring it back they did the install in about 1 hour and a half the only issue at first was they had to calibrate the back up camera but other than that now I could not imagine the car without it, if you do decide to do it unless you are a skilled installer I would not attempt it but thats just me I have install a few screens in my day but this one controls everything in the car you miss 1 wire or you connect it correctly you got to take it all back out to figfigure it out better to pay someone who will gguarantee their work

Almost forgot I am in the middle east so the guys who did my install are not local at all you would be surprised at how well versed they are at modifying cars to just about anything you want
The following users liked this post:
FreddyG (09-14-21)
Old 09-14-21, 11:11 AM
FreddyG
Intermediate

[QUOTE=Injera;11125423]
Originally Posted by FreddyG
Can you Please give us more info? That's a Beautiful installation that looks like it could've come from the factory like that!

Thanks in advanceQUOTE

Well as for the Tesla Screen it is 4gd 64Gb what I did not realize is there are many version of the same screen so you may find them cheaper or more expensive depending on what you want I believe there is one on Amazon for $719 I think mine was around $1000 Plus the 2 Screens in the back was I think about $600 the nice thing is the guaranteed work and equipment if you have any issue just bring it back they did the install in about 1 hour and a half the only issue at first was they had to calibrate the back up camera but other than that now I could not imagine the car without it, if you do decide to do it unless you are a skilled installer I would not attempt it but that's just me I have install a few screens in my day but this one controls everything in the car you miss 1 wire or you connect it correctly you got to take it all back out to figure it out better to pay someone who will guarantee their work

Almost forgot I am in the middle east so the guys who did my install are not local at all you would be surprised at how well versed they are at modifying cars to just about anything you want
Thank You for the quick reply!

They sure do know what they're doing because it looks like that could've come from Lexus done that way! They did a Stellar job on your install and it turned out Great!