LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2016 LS 460 Accident

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-21, 09:24 AM
tx170754
Intermediate

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Not so sure, I have to take anther look, it is very close to where I live, I'm driving that way every day a couple of times for the last 12 years....
Old 02-28-21, 10:21 AM
DedBirdDog
Intermediate

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Look for gouges or scratches in the pavement and broken glass/plastic that's been brushed to the side. Go over your video and be able to pinpoint EXACTLY where the POI was. The POI is going to be pretty much the sole determining factor in causation here. If you can conclusively show you were well away from the intersection when struck after your turn it's careless driving/following too closely on the other party. Assuming a 55 mph limit if you're within 200' of the intersection at the POI it could very easily go the other way and fall on you as failure to yield.
The following users liked this post:
cochiseg (02-28-21)
Old 02-28-21, 10:23 AM
tx170754
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DedBirdDog
Look for gouges or scratches in the pavement and broken glass/plastic that's been brushed to the side. Go over your video and be able to pinpoint EXACTLY where the POI was. The POI is going to be pretty much the sole determining factor in causation here. If you can conclusively show you were well away from the intersection when struck after your turn it's careless driving/following too closely on the other party. Assuming a 55 mph limit if you're within 200' of the intersection at the POI it could very easily go the other way and fall on you as failure to yield.
Thank you very much !
Old 02-28-21, 03:38 PM
Nospinzone

Received 425 Likes on 328 Posts

It's too bad you weren't in Massachusetts. Any rear end collision is the fault of the driver doing the hitting. The theory is you should always be in control of your vehicle.

Now as stated in an earlier post, the driver making a left turn must yield the right of way, but that only applies if you are broadsided by a car coming from your right, or if you collide head on from a car approaching from the opposite direction. However, that does not appear to be the case in your situation.

Just a question, did you have front and rear facing cameras?
Old 02-28-21, 03:49 PM
tx170754
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
It's too bad you weren't in Massachusetts. Any rear end collision is the fault of the driver doing the hitting. The theory is you should always be in control of your vehicle.

Now as stated in an earlier post, the driver making a left turn must yield the right of way, but that only applies if you are broadsided by a car coming from your right, or if you collide head on from a car approaching from the opposite direction. However, that does not appear to be the case in your situation.

Just a question, did you have front and rear facing cameras?
Yes, I do have front and rear camera and both recordings.
Old 02-28-21, 06:06 PM
DedBirdDog
Intermediate

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Massachusetts has almost the verbatim statute on this that Illinois does.

Title XIV Chapter 89 Section 9

The driver of a vehicle approaching a yield sign shall in obedience to such sign slow down to a speed reasonable for the existing conditions and, if required for safety to stop, shall stop at a clearly marked stop line, but if none, before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection, or, if none, then at the point nearest the intersecting roadway where the driver has a view of approaching traffic on the intersecting roadway before entering it. After slowing or stopping, the driver shall yield the right of way to any vehicle in the intersection or approaching on another roadway so closely as to constitute an immediate hazard during the time such driver is moving across or within the intersection or junction of roadways; provided, however, that if such a driver is involved in a collision with a vehicle in the intersection or junction of roadways, after driving past a yield sign without stopping, such collision shall be deemed prima facie evidence of his failure to yield the right of way.
Old 02-28-21, 06:44 PM
tx170754
Intermediate

Well, thank you for the clarification the accident was not “in the intersection or junction of roadways” I was already driving after passing the intersection when she hit me, I’ve already checked with another lawyer and basically I wad told the same that it is not my fault, I will keep you posted guys, thank you so much for your help !
Old 03-01-21, 04:47 AM
Chaos236
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Girl who hit me two fridays ago said I came out of nowhere.

Police who watched a security video of it said she drove straight into me.
Old 03-01-21, 04:58 AM
tx170754
Intermediate

Very sorry to see this, it probably happened the same way as my accident, she was busy texting or something else.....are you ok ?
Old 03-01-21, 09:19 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,751 Likes on 1,968 Posts

This is why we need this technology that stops the car when it senses this kind of impending accident. Forward collision intervention would have prevented both these accidents.
Old 03-01-21, 09:44 AM
tx170754
Intermediate

My A8 has this and it in fact did when a gal suddenly decided to turn left without signalling, cut my way end entered in a parking lot on my left hand side, not so sure but I guess my 2016 LS have this but it only prevents you hitting a car in the front of you....please correct if I'm wrong.
Old 03-01-21, 09:47 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The 2016 LS has that if it has radar cruise control. My 2017 LS had it. Only prevents you from hitting the car in front of you, but the more sophisticated systems can see an oncoming T bone coming, avoid pedestrians, etc. If the woman who hit you had it the accident would have been avoided.

Here's a video of how it works on the S Class, and remember this is OLD tech now:

Old 03-01-21, 09:57 AM
tx170754
Intermediate

Interesting and also nice to see Frankfurt during the summertime, Frankfurt Opera, bridges over the Main river, etc ! I guess the second car ( in Frankfurt ) is your S class, true ?
Old 03-01-21, 10:17 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Yep, thats the same model as mine
Old 03-01-21, 02:07 PM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by tx170754
Yes, the folks at the Lexus Certified Collision Centre started to work on the car, their estimate is about $1200 more which is really surprising but anyway they're working on the car, apparently it is "only" cosmetic nothing structural, the car will be done in about two weeks. Now I have to fight the citation, a totally inexperienced and apparently not very fair cop, gave me a citation, first mentioning he wouldn't write any, then after refusing to give him the camera stick, he did write me one, anyway my lawyer reviewed the recording and apparently that will not go anywhere, I was slowing down at a yield sign, looked on both sides a couple of times got into the intersection and drive on the right hand side and then she came out of nowhere did not hit the brakes and hit me in the back of the car, the cop report is totally different than what I have on the recording, anyway her insurance made me liable....yeah that is an update, any advise ?

Was the girl by chance resembling this person ? If so just give up . I don't see you can be at fault here. The girl was going too fast and out of control.

The following users liked this post:
Astrokat (03-01-21)

Quick Reply: 2016 LS 460 Accident