LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2008 LS460 Performance Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-21, 04:19 PM
KBrogoitti
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2008 LS460 Performance Tune?

Hey all, thanks for allowing me to join! I picked up a very nice, 2 owner LS460 recently. Have been doing research on finding a performance tune and saw Sector 7 was doing them. Unfortunately, the shop does not respond. Anyone else out there offer tuning for it?
Old 05-11-21, 07:27 PM
KBrogoitti
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sdls
HKS made a centrifugal supercharger kit for the cars but the price was into five figures. Ugh

I supercharged my LS400 for less than $2,000 but that car had more room around the front of the engine for this kind of tomfoolery.
Sir, I am looking for an ECU and TCM performance tuning solution. I did see the HKS supercharger kit, looks to be a centrifugal blower. In my opinion, a roots style blower would be better and certainly more compact on the LS's crowded engine bay.
Old 05-11-21, 11:16 PM
ALK
Advanced

Received 134 Likes on 108 Posts

TOM'S was the only company to offer roots style blower but they were made in single numbers .

Old 05-12-21, 06:26 AM
KBrogoitti
Driver School Candidate

Cool... how about a company that offers to reprogram the cars computer for better performance? Know anyone?
Old 05-12-21, 06:27 AM
KBrogoitti
Driver School Candidate

Cool... how about a company that offers to reprogram the cars computer for better performance? Know anyone?
Old 05-12-21, 08:46 PM
Wuzupez
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don’t think anyone makes a “tune” for this model as it’s a Luxury car. Besides what are you hoping to gain? 10-12 more hp? You wouldn’t even notice that on this size/weight of this car. Not to mention the cost!
Buy an F if you wanna add performance parts!!!
Old 05-12-21, 09:13 PM
KBrogoitti
Driver School Candidate

Being that consumer vehicles are detuned for the average jackwagon that will buy it, and maintain it when he remembers... I beg to differ. Also being that the LS460 was the pride of Japan as the most expensive automobile to leave their shores, the fit and finish matches. Looking into the no corners cut approach to the platform, I think a lot more is to be gained. Not only in terms of peak horsepower, not looking for that but it is a nice bonus and product of the aforementioned tune.... need a brain here.... anyone?
The following users liked this post:
stopdrpnro (05-16-21)
Old 05-14-21, 03:51 AM
lwphat66
Instructor

Received 448 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by KBrogoitti
Hey all, thanks for allowing me to join! I picked up a very nice, 2 owner LS460 recently. Have been doing research on finding a performance tune and saw Sector 7 was doing them. Unfortunately, the shop does not respond. Anyone else out there offer tuning for it?
I'm thinking from a marketing standpoint that the numbers (i.e. demand, demographics, etc.) just did not warrant R&D/investment/return enough for the 460 compared to other models. As you may have already discovered, there is not much available for our cars in the aftermarket, especially on the performance side. I think perhaps similar to you, I wanted to squeeze out some untapped power in these cars and preferred not to "build the motor" or replace any major mechanical parts in order to increase HP. I really enjoy my 460 for what it is and the way it rides but still, the customizing/modding side of me cannot leave it well enough alone. LOL

I've owned my 460 for about two years now, and I did research tunes during the first year but couldn't ever find anything reliable that had any data or numbers (as well as support) to back it up. I did, however, end up installing a Pedal Commander to adjust the throttle drive-by-wire sensitivity and Red Bullet cam oil control solenoid valves. I'm very satisfied with the performance of both, especially given that the total for both was under $600. Here's a thread regarding the Pedal Commander: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...l#post10954365
and this one where we discussed tuning the 460 motor and has some info on the Red Bullets I installed: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...e-1ur-fse.html

stopdrpnro (05-16-21)
Old 05-14-21, 03:59 AM
lwphat66
Instructor

Received 448 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by Wuzupez
I don’t think anyone makes a “tune” for this model as it’s a Luxury car. Besides what are you hoping to gain? 10-12 more hp? You wouldn’t even notice that on this size/weight of this car. Not to mention the cost!
Buy an F if you wanna add performance parts!!!
LOL.....the LS460 F is mostly all show and no go. Oops, my bad, the F has 6hp more.
stopdrpnro (05-16-21)
Old 05-16-21, 08:25 PM
stopdrpnro
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Just created a similar thread before finding this one. There's guys over on Lextreme that are overseas but claim to have tuned the ur engines. I hoped for something as simple as a Cf drive shaft which would shave rotational mass , weight and doesn't require tuning but nope! For reference Is350s with bolt ons are putting down the same power as us . There's gotta be something out there for us .... let's keep this thread going

Daswede420 (03-24-23)
Old 05-16-21, 08:38 PM
NotFasty
Pole Position

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

The Pedal Commander might help, at least with the feel of the car (search here, there are a few members running it).
Old 05-19-21, 07:42 PM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

Lexus wheels tend to be pretty heavy, so you should swap them out with lighter wheels. This along with sticky tires GUARANTEES a half second or more off your 0-60. Helped me get my 4000lb GS460 under 5 seconds.
You can also swap differentials out for more aggressive gearing.

PPE made headers for the GS460 pretty recently, and since there are tens of thousands of LS460s on the road I'm sure they could be convinced to make some for yall as well. Then convince RR racing to make a tune.

Also, Its important to establish baselines to see if your mods actually do anything, so a dragstrip or Dragy device can help with that. you may find that your 460 is significantly slower than stock, which means it needs maintenance/ tune up

Last edited by TreysGS460; 05-19-21 at 07:50 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by TreysGS460:
Daswede420 (03-24-23), stopdrpnro (05-22-21)
Old 07-17-21, 04:11 PM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

Reviving this thread since RR Racing has recently said they would begin tuning the 1UR, contact them for more info, the more cars they get data on the better.
Wuzupez (07-17-21)
Old 07-17-21, 04:35 PM
Wuzupez
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TreysGS460
Reviving this thread since RR Racing has recently said they would begin tuning the 1UR, contact them for more info, the more cars they get data on the better.
would love some cat-less headers from PPE to go along with this tune! Really wake this beast up!
The following 2 users liked this post by Wuzupez:
Daswede420 (03-24-23), ZEDLS460 (08-16-22)
Old 07-17-21, 05:52 PM
KBrogoitti
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TreysGS460
That is rather interesting considering I've called them once a little while back. Would be worth it to touch base again. They are rather far away but, remote data logging and real world street pulls give lots of data. The LS460 can't be more advanced than a copperhead Coyote ECU.

Quick Reply: 2008 LS460 Performance Tune?