LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Engine misfire

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-21, 09:08 AM
Abbasahmd1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine misfire

Hi all I recently posted about p0171 error on Lexus LS 460 2008. I went to a mechanic and did a guess work by changing all the spark plugs. Now the car is even running worse then before. I suspect there are multiple misfires
can you guys tell me any good mechanic in Dubai or sharjah uae or what are right spark plugs for it.
Old 06-20-21, 10:53 AM
jud149
Advanced

Received 144 Likes on 110 Posts

Try cleaning the MAF's...

Old 06-20-21, 05:37 PM
Thegamemhb
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Abbasahmd1
Hi all I recently posted about p0171 error on Lexus LS 460 2008. I went to a mechanic and did a guess work by changing all the spark plugs. Now the car is even running worse then before. I suspect there are multiple misfires
can you guys tell me any good mechanic in Dubai or sharjah uae or what are right spark plugs for it.
my few suggestions

Clear the code and see if the same codes pop up again or the code changes

2nd i wanted to ask you did the misfire started after the oil leak repair or was it from the start ?

3rd american spec sparks or gcc wont make your car misfire i usually replace the sparks with the american specs .

4th. Did you check for any vaccum leaks ?

Old 06-20-21, 08:10 PM
Abbasahmd1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Thegamemhb
my few suggestions

Clear the code and see if the same codes pop up again or the code changes

2nd i wanted to ask you did the misfire started after the oil leak repair or was it from the start ?

3rd american spec sparks or gcc wont make your car misfire i usually replace the sparks with the american specs .

4th. Did you check for any vaccum leaks ?
Hi I did run the scanner on it time to time p0171 is there always just cylinder misfire code changes to different cylinders. And some times o2 sensors

Misfire started after fixing the gas kit. Tho it is leaking even more now also from the oil line which connects on the top

I have asked many mechanics to do the vacuum test and they keep bull****ing with other stuff. Either they don't know how to do it or either they just want to make some money. So no vacuum test.

If you can share some info on how to do it might I might check it myself

And before changing the spark plugs there was no misfire. I mean not really a no but like 1 once in a day and car will run smooth on the high ways
Old 06-21-21, 02:51 AM
Anfanger
Pole Position

Received 893 Likes on 659 Posts

You need to provide pictures of leaks. There is no actual oil line anywhere on top. However, there are ventilation lines coming off engine covers.

If your mechanic is incompetent, there is no point to ask him to fix anything.
Old 06-21-21, 04:01 AM
Thegamemhb
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Anfanger
You need to provide pictures of leaks. There is no actual oil line anywhere on top. However, there are ventilation lines coming off engine covers.

I agree with him if your mechanic is useless better to take your car to some other garage. My friends with ls430 go to some guy in ajman and they swear that hes the best till now i havent visited him with the 460 you can atleast visit him and have a look at your car
The following users liked this post:
Abbasahmd1 (06-21-21)
Old 06-21-21, 04:09 AM
Thegamemhb
Intermediate

Hi I did run the scanner on it time to time p0171 is there always just cylinder misfire code changes to different cylinders. And some times o2 sensors

Misfire started after fixing the gas kit. Tho it is leaking even more now also from the oil line which connects on the top

I have asked many mechanics to do the vacuum test and they keep bull****ing with other stuff. Either they don't know how to do it or either they just want to make some money. So no vacuum test.

If you can share some info on how to do it might I might check it myself

And before changing the spark plugs there was no misfire. I mean not really a no but like 1 once in a day and car will run smooth on the high ways
Did you clear the codes time to time ?

I think you have obd2 reader did you see your sthort term fuel trim ? What are the readings if they are negative it means there is a leak somewhere
Or you can try to use the soapy water near the intake lines to see if there is a leak your mechanic should atleast know how to look and listen for leaks
Old 06-21-21, 05:27 AM
Abbasahmd1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Anfanger

I been to many now and I can't seem to find a good one who understands the work all they do is labor job if you know any do share the contact
Old 06-21-21, 05:28 AM
Abbasahmd1
Driver School Candidate

I agree with him if your mechanic is useless better to take your car to some other garage. My friends with ls430 go to some guy in ajman and they swear that hes the best till now i havent visited him with the 460 you can atleast visit him and have a look at your car
Great please let me know the guy I will surely visit him
Old 06-21-21, 05:29 AM
Abbasahmd1
Driver School Candidate

I been to many now and I can't seem to find a good one who understands the work all they do is labor job if you know any do share the contact
I Guess you are right about those lines it's leaking from there
Old 06-21-21, 05:32 AM
Abbasahmd1
Driver School Candidate

I think you have obd2 reader did you see your sthort term fuel trim ? What are the readings if they are negative it means there is a leak somewhere
Or you can try to use the soapy water near the intake lines to see if there is a leak your mechanic should atleast know how to look and listen for leaks

I don't have the OBD2 reader but now am thinking to buy one fuel trim levels I have checked long back it is running like this for almost 6months and I have wasted alot of $$ on it also if you can share the somekind of diagram for vacuum lines I can look them up. I really want to fix it as the renewal is coming next week and I have to take the car for passing.
Old 06-21-21, 05:34 AM
Abbasahmd1
Driver School Candidate

I don't have the OBD2 reader but now am thinking to buy one fuel trim levels I have checked long back it is running like this for almost 6months and I have wasted alot of $$ on it also if you can share the somekind of diagram for vacuum lines I can look them up. I really want to fix it as the renewal is coming next week and I have to take the car for passing.
Old 06-21-21, 06:50 AM
Nospinzone

Received 427 Likes on 330 Posts

If I had to guess, I'd say you have at least one if not more bad ignition coils. I say more than one because after changing the plugs it got worse, so probably another coil was damaged.

You might find this site helpful -

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/is-it-y...oil-thats-bad/
Old 06-21-21, 07:53 AM
Thegamemhb
Intermediate

Bro you need to be sure if this is happening from past 6months or after the last oil leak wprk that you did .. i will send you the number in messages
Old 06-21-21, 07:56 AM
Thegamemhb
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
If I had to guess, I'd say you have at least one if not more bad ignition coils. I say more than one because after changing the plugs it got worse, so probably another coil was damaged.

You might find this site helpful -

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/is-it-y...oil-thats-bad/
Mechanics can check for bad ignition coil and see the output its generating or if you can switch the coil and see if the error changes to different side

Quick Reply: Engine misfire