LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Tire pressure issue!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-21, 07:49 AM
Allusuc
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Tire pressure issue!

Hi all. I got this warning light on my dash panel. Check tire pressure system. Is this due to a bad TPMS sensor in one of the wheels ? Super weird… it came on then driving 30 min it went away. But I think it’ll come back due to a bad sensor ..

I tried to press “display” on the steering wheel when the light was on but it was blank. Until after driving 30 min and it went away. So so so weird.

sensor going out? Anyone know? Picture attached

Old 08-30-21, 03:53 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts

Yeah, the battery is getting low and, they will all fail soon after if they are all the same age.
Old 08-30-21, 05:37 AM
Allusuc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy
Yeah, the battery is getting low and, they will all fail soon after if they are all the same age.

ahh ok thanks. Costco says they’ll do each tire for $63… so I’ll have to get all 5 tires done. Man that’s expensive hahah.

anyone have any other cheaper solutions haha!
Old 08-30-21, 05:47 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Originally Posted by Allusuc
ahh ok thanks. Costco says they’ll do each tire for $63… so I’ll have to get all 5 tires done. Man that’s expensive hahah.

I would wait until you get new tires and they will install them free. I got my Denso OEM sensors on Amazon for less than $100 dollars and took them to Discount tire and bought a set of tires and they installed them at no charge. You must be due a new set of tires soon right?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...l#post11105286

Last edited by fwhomeboy; 08-30-21 at 05:51 AM.
Old 08-30-21, 06:27 AM
Allusuc
Intermediate

I would wait until you get new tires and they will install them free. I got my Denso OEM sensors on Amazon for less than $100 dollars and took them to Discount tire and bought a set of tires and they installed them at no charge. You must be due a new set of tires soon right?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...l#post11105286

nah…. My tires are pretty much brand new lol tons of life and tread left. I bought the car with 102k miles. It has 105k miles now … might be another 20k miles before I need to replace tires. Lol so gunna take the hit and replace sensors now at Costco. Blaaaaah so expensive!
Old 08-30-21, 06:32 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

nah…. My tires are pretty much brand new lol tons of life and tread left. I bought the car with 102k miles. It has 105k miles now … might be another 20k miles before I need to replace tires. Lol so gunna take the hit and replace sensors now at Costco. Blaaaaah so expensive!
Are they using OEM Denso sensors?
Old 08-30-21, 07:26 AM
Allusuc
Intermediate

Are they using OEM Denso sensors?
no idea what brand lol
Old 08-30-21, 07:44 AM
Thegamemhb
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Not from US but try looking on ebay or amazon you will get less expensive ones here in dubai i got the cheap one for 18 usd
Old 08-30-21, 07:50 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Originally Posted by Thegamemhb
Not from US but try looking on ebay or amazon you will get less expensive ones here in dubai i got the cheap one for 18 usd
Do yourself a favor and get the Denso OEM sensors and forget about doing this job every year with the cheap ones. The OEM sensors last 10 years or so. Good Luck !!!
Old 08-30-21, 07:59 AM
Thegamemhb
Intermediate

Do yourself a favor and get the Denso OEM sensors and forget about doing this job every year with the cheap ones. The OEM sensors last 10 years or so. Good Luck !!!
​​​​​​Its not the sensor that goes bad its the battery inside the sensor . So basically oem sensor or aftermaket will last till the battery inside it is working if you can open up the tpms sensor and replace the battery it will give you another 10 years best of luck 🤞
Old 08-30-21, 08:07 AM
Allusuc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Thegamemhb
​​​​​​Its not the sensor that goes bad its the battery inside the sensor . So basically oem sensor or aftermaket will last till the battery inside it is working if you can open up the tpms sensor and replace the battery it will give you another 10 years best of luck 🤞
the problem is that I don’t have the tools to remove the TMPS sensor off the rims. So I have to bring to the shop for them to do.
Old 08-30-21, 08:25 AM
Thegamemhb
Intermediate

the problem is that I don’t have the tools to remove the TMPS sensor off the rims. So I have to bring to the shop for them to do.
Dont you have any independent mechanic that can do the job on just one tire ? And you can save money

​​​​​​
Old 09-01-21, 04:21 PM
Discount Tire
Former Sponsor

Received 80 Likes on 53 Posts

Hi all. I got this warning light on my dash panel. Check tire pressure system. Is this due to a bad TPMS sensor in one of the wheels ? Super weird… it came on then driving 30 min it went away. But I think it’ll come back due to a bad sensor ..

I tried to press “display” on the steering wheel when the light was on but it was blank. Until after driving 30 min and it went away. So so so weird.

sensor going out? Anyone know? Picture attached
Sorry to learn of your tire troubles. As other mentioned it sounds like the battery in one or more of your TPMS sensors is dying, if you would like to swing by any local Discount Tire or Americas tire, we would be happy to scan the sensors at no charge.

A few considerations:

-There are certainly high and low quality sensor options out there, if you are going to buy online, try to find an OEM sensor as this will result in the least amount of troubles as well, some come with a mileage and time frame warranty.
-Although it is certainly an option to have a shop (such as ours) scan the sensors to determine which one is bad and just replace the bad one, its likely the other sensors will start dying shortly behind the first one, sometimes the others can last weeks or months, or just days.

We would be happy to help further PM on the way.

The following users liked this post:
Fhobbs (02-13-22)
Old 09-13-21, 10:04 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 317 Likes on 275 Posts

Just get the one replaced - the others will probably outlast the tires.
Old 09-13-21, 12:39 PM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,281 Likes on 990 Posts

Your car is 2008? 13 years old, likely original sensors/batteries. Good move to replace them all with OEM. You won't have to deal with them for another 13 years.

Quick Reply: Tire pressure issue!