LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Kuwait

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-21, 01:09 AM
Injera
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Kuwait

New to the Forum just recently picked up a 2007 LS 460L American version in Kuwait car seems to be in really good shape except for a few warning lights on I had the codes check several times by a local Mech he said there no issues maybe bad sensor I can not take the car to the Lexus Dealership here as the car is an American version which sounds ridiculous to me but whatever thats all about can anyone recommend a decent Lexus Mechanic in Kuwait anyone from these area can tell just because they call themselves a mechanic here does not mean they actually know what they are doing or will not try and charge you your first born or your house for an oil change any help would be greatly appriappreciated
Old 09-11-21, 10:30 AM
Thegamemhb
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Injera
New to the Forum just recently picked up a 2007 LS 460L American version in Kuwait car seems to be in really good shape except for a few warning lights on I had the codes check several times by a local Mech he said there no issues maybe bad sensor I can not take the car to the Lexus Dealership here as the car is an American version which sounds ridiculous to me but whatever thats all about can anyone recommend a decent Lexus Mechanic in Kuwait anyone from these area can tell just because they call themselves a mechanic here does not mean they actually know what they are doing or will not try and charge you your first born or your house for an oil change any help would be greatly appriappreciated
Welcome to CL . I am from dubai and i can feel your pain lol . My suggestion will be to get a obd2 reader and frist of all try to read the codes by yourself and see what problems are there and then maybe we can help you out
Old 09-11-21, 10:46 AM
Injera
Driver School Candidate

Thats funny because I was thinking if I could get the car to Dubai it would be easier, I thought you guys had plenty of reputable Lexus side shops whats up with the Dealership not wanting to touch the car because it started its life in a different place when they told me that I was like maybe I need to stop dealing with this Brand. I will get the codes and post them
Old 09-11-21, 11:17 AM
Thegamemhb
Intermediate

Thats funny because I was thinking if I could get the car to Dubai it would be easier, I thought you guys had plenty of reputable Lexus side shops whats up with the Dealership not wanting to touch the car because it started its life in a different place when they told me that I was like maybe I need to stop dealing with this Brand. I will get the codes and post them
They wont touch your car here too if its American specs thats sucks bro but thats to support gcc showrooms well we have mechanics who do a good job but then again we cannot say its always a 100/100 last time i changed my alternator and they made the car throw more codes because they did not fix the gasket right

Best thing is to stay in your country and have the work done and try to give us the codes so we can start sorting them one by one somethimes its nothing and sometimes these codes are hard to get to
Old 09-11-21, 11:50 AM
Injera
Driver School Candidate

Wow kinda of making me have second thoughts on the car.....haha I have Lexus in the US thats why I bought one here I was looking at one from GCC but was not sure how hard or how much it would cost to ship back to the US thats why I found one that was US Spec but if I can not get no support for maintenence maybe better to sell and drive the Company car....haha with now worries. I can say there is a huge car scene here in the GCC and you can find some true Unicorn cars here I also have a rare little German go fast car but that Brands takes car of everything but I am to scared of driving it so only bring that our when there is nothing on the roads. I will try and get the codes tomorrow and post thanks for the info Bro
The following users liked this post:
Thegamemhb (09-11-21)
Old 12-14-21, 02:39 AM
Injera
Driver School Candidate

Default codes from Autel 519

Does anyone know what these codes mean or what could be the issue American Spec Lexus 460 L 2007 I put in new Lexus Battery, Changed the oil, spark plugs ,ignition coils and engine filters, I know the previous owner removed the CAT not sure why but read in the forum that is common for some owners in this Area car runs perfect but the dash codes are really frustrating me I was able to clear a few on my own but the last two are not clear the Tire Sensor and Yellow triangle with exclamation

Old 12-14-21, 03:54 AM
Thegamemhb
Intermediate

Can you tell us which codes are left now ?

Tire sensor and yellow mark can be because of the sensor inside the tire the battery die and they throw the codes up
Old 12-14-21, 06:02 AM
Injera
Driver School Candidate

Default Codes come back

So I cleared the some of the codes and drove the car for about 30 to 45 minutes and the Errors come back

I have had a so called Mech clear them and they came back then I tried clearing them myself and they came back I have add new Lexus Gas Cap, Battery, Spark Plugs, ignition coils, cabin filter and engine filters, the car runs perfect everything works as it should its quiet no noises my only issues is these codes I am trying to determine if there is a problem or something needs to be changed there are no Lexus Mech in my area and the Lexus dealership will not even look at the car because its American Spec
Old 12-14-21, 09:34 AM
Thegamemhb
Intermediate

So I cleared the some of the codes and drove the car for about 30 to 45 minutes and the Errors come back

I have had a so called Mech clear them and they came back then I tried clearing them myself and they came back I have add new Lexus Gas Cap, Battery, Spark Plugs, ignition coils, cabin filter and engine filters, the car runs perfect everything works as it should its quiet no noises my only issues is these codes I am trying to determine if there is a problem or something needs to be changed there are no Lexus Mech in my area and the Lexus dealership will not even look at the car because its American Spec
These pic is clearly showing you that the tire sensor one or more are not working .

Other than that post the codes that came up after clearing because there is a check engline light on

Any car that is not regional specs dealers wont look at it
The following users liked this post:
swfla (12-14-21)
Old 12-14-21, 11:05 AM
Injera
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Thegamemhb
These pic is clearly showing you that the tire sensor one or more are not working .

Other than that post the codes that came up after clearing because there is a check engline light on

Any car that is not regional specs dealers wont look at it
I forgot to mention already changed out Tire Sensors to include the spare tire and these are the errors and codes that come back after I had them cleared/reset the Local Mech said the car is fine but he also missed bad battery terminals and bad battery so I am not to confident in what they are telling me
Old 12-14-21, 12:26 PM
jmcraney

Received 276 Likes on 208 Posts

If the TPMS sensors are new, then maybe one, or perhaps all are the wrong part #. Another possibility is that one, or perhaps all sensor IDs are not registered in the car.
Old 12-14-21, 12:31 PM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,302 Likes on 1,005 Posts

The car computer needs to be programmed to recognize the new sensor transponder frequencies. They are stamped on the sensors and you use Techstream software to do the programming. Techstream is the proprietary software that Lexus and Toyota use. You install it on a PC laptop. It can be purchased and then a fee paid for usage. Maybe there are other software for tire sensors that will work but Techstream will give you many in depth answers to your codes.
Old 12-14-21, 02:31 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Also, if they aren't Toyota sensors (Denso), do not waste your time, they won't work.
Old 12-14-21, 08:33 PM
Injera
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by swfla
The car computer needs to be programmed to recognize the new sensor transponder frequencies. They are stamped on the sensors and you use Techstream software to do the programming. Techstream is the proprietary software that Lexus and Toyota use. You install it on a PC laptop. It can be purchased and then a fee paid for usage. Maybe there are other software for tire sensors that will work but Techstream will give you many in depth answers to your codes.
I am 100% sure they did not use TechStream when I ask did they use It to scan the car they ask me what is Techstream thats when I knew I was in trouble I was considering ordering it from Amazon but I am not Tech Savy to set it up but its looking like I will have no choice if I ever want to figure out why these errors are coming up. Thanks for the info on the Sensor I will try that
Old 12-14-21, 08:35 PM
Injera
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by swfla
Forgot to ask which Techstream should I order there are several on Amazon?

Quick Reply: Kuwait