LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Control Arms Aftermarket Brand?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-21, 10:51 AM
noname123
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by lwphat66
I highly recommend using the revised OEM lower rearward arms. I initially purchased all 8 TRQ arms from 1A Auto, but after careful consideration, opted to go with the aforementioned OEM arms. I used the 2 TRQ lower forward arms as is and I used all 4 TRQ upper arms but replaced the bushings with polys from FIGS (LS460 LS600h FRONT UPPER CONTROL ARM INNER BUSHING STATIC ADJUSTABLE (shopfigs.com)).

Here's an observation of the OEM vs TRQ lower rearward arms in my post#26 https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...l#post11005288
And this thread can provide some additional info regarding install and parts used: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...placement.html

During my research that started when I first got my 460, I found very few aftermarket control arms reviews of cars with a good amount of miles on them since replacement. I installed all 8 arms myself back in March and only have about 3k miles on them since, but so far I'm very pleased with the ride and handling. Alignment afterwards was all within specs (I also replaced all inner & outer tie rod ends, stabilizer bar bushings and end links).

I haven't seen any specifics of the Mevotech warranty and was only able to find this on their website FAQ page: "I bought a Mevotech part online. What is the warranty, and how would I go about making a claim, if needed? All warranty claims must be made through the original point of purchase. The warranty is passed on to the consumer by the retailer of the product. Please ensure you review the retailer’s warranty policies before purchasing. Mevotech is not able to process warranty claims directly."

With other manufacturers/retailers I've seen 1 year and Limited-Lifetime warranties; however, I have yet to view any detailed information with regards to the "Limited" aspect of it. My guess is the actual arms themselves are covered, but the bushings are not or may require substantial effort/proof that the control arms were installed properly (or by "certified" technicians/shops), and/or they were defective prior to being installed on the vehicle.
Thank you very much, I truly appreciate your super useful comments. I will read the links in your post very carefully and try to learn
Old 09-23-21, 10:58 AM
noname123
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by yyymmm31
-----
I received a promotion message, with a LS460 control arm at $101 as an illustration and SHIPLEXUS as the free shipping coupon code. The image of the control arm looks like a front upper control arm, and therefore I thought so. Upon reading your posting, I checked the link on their website (parts.belllexusnorthscottsdale.com). It turned out that the control arm in the image is a rear control arm (part# 48710-50090) at $101, not a front upper control arm. My mistake. Given the price difference, using Mevotech supreme control arms makes economic sense. By the way, I used Beck/Arnley lower control arms on my car from Rockauto. The Beck/Arnley rear control arms looked and felt like the Lexus OE. However, Beck/Arnley control arms came with 36 months' warranty, not lifetime warranty like Mevotech supreme control arms.
-----
No problem at all, man. Still thank you very much for your useful information~ I will check out the Beck/Arnley lower control arms
Old 11-10-22, 10:05 PM
Tre460
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I m curious

Originally Posted by noname123
Hi guys,

My car is 2011 LS460 L, and the current milege is 98,000. The front control arms need replacement. I did a lot of research online, and the OEM parts are very expensive. I wonder if there is any aftermarket solid brand you recommend.

(1). I searched rockauto, and MEVOTECH has all eight control arms. I wonder if any of you used this brand before. Any feedback?

(2). Also, 1aauto has eight control arms:

https://www.1aauto.com/lexus-ls460-f...5/1102701/2011
https://www.1aauto.com/lexus-ls460-f...6/1102746/2011

I wonder if any of you used this brand before. Any feedback?

(3). What is the meaning of "Lifetime Warranty"? Does it mean if the product goes bad for whatever reason, the seller is going to fix it or simply give me a new product? Or I have to show the seller the product goes bad only because of manufacturing defects? I guess it is very difficult to prove "manufacturing defects" (so the lifetime warranty does not mean much then).

Thank you very much, guys.
Old 11-10-22, 10:08 PM
Tre460
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New adjustments to the bushings. Any opinions

Originally Posted by Anfanger
Mevotech is not a bad brand if you do not want to go with OEM. If ball joints are OK, you can go bushings replacement route. It is much cheaper than replacing with OEM or aftermarket control arms. I have used only NISTO bushings, and they seem to be OK for the price.

Old 11-11-22, 03:29 AM
Anfanger
Pole Position

Received 889 Likes on 656 Posts

There is no reason to repost the same thing. As far as, I remember Figs makes only front upper bushings for AWD.
Old 11-12-22, 08:30 AM
Mastiffman
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Rock auto Mevotech Lifetime

I own a 2012. Had ripped control arms and ended changing out all 8. Also found the ball joints in the spindle arms were very loose and replaced those. The ball joints I ordered off amazon and were very hard to replace. If your not capable I'd have a press shop do that for you. 2000 miles later all still very good. Engine and transmission mounts are next! Ps I used 2013 redesigned parts on my 2012. Perfect fit. Jsuk