LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Rear Heated Seats only in AWD, Ultra Luxury or Exec PKG?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-22, 08:46 AM
WisBad
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

My '08 RWD came with heat, cool and recline. Have never seen another with this same configuration. There must be others.

Old 02-18-22, 09:21 AM
DedBirdDog
Intermediate

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Good to see you! Haven't seen you in a while!

Did you trade your LS in for an A8L?

I did last February. A 4.0 Sport with the sport dif and B&O and night vision. An absolutely incredible car. While there are indeed some things I like better about the LS, Audi and MB are truly playing on an entirely different level here. I will not be owning a German car out of warranty though.
Old 02-18-22, 09:49 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by DedBirdDog
I did last February. A 4.0 Sport with the sport dif and B&O and night vision. An absolutely incredible car. While there are indeed some things I like better about the LS, Audi and MB are truly playing on an entirely different level here. I will not be owning a German car out of warranty though.
Birddog got a sweet deal for 14K. 😜
Old 02-18-22, 09:50 AM
bdw
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

My 2013 460 L RWD with UL has rear-seat heaters. I believe this is one of 3 packages for this model year that provide rear-seat heaters, of which one, the Executive Package, is extremely hard to find in an LS460; and the Ultra-Luxury package is also not so easy to find. Here is the description of the UL package from Lexus, which was available for both RWD, and AWD -
"Ultra Luxury Package Includes: Climate-comfort front and outboard rear seats, Four-zone climate control, including rear overhead ducts, Climate Concierge, Power rear and rear-door sunshades, Power-adjustable outboard rear seats with memory, two-way power lumbar support and lumbar massage, Power-adjustable outboard rear butterfly headrests, Wood-trimmed climate and audio controls in rear-center armrest, Rear-seat Air Purifier, Rear-seat cool box, Rear seat-mounted side airbags, Power trunk open/close."

I believe that "Climate-Comfort" means it can be adjusted for heat/cool.

I also see some other packages for 2013 that include rear-seat heaters:
"Comfort Package Includes: Climate Comfort Front Heated/Cooled Seats, Power Rear Sunshade, Heated Outboard Rear Seats and One-touch Power Trunk Open/Close (LS 460)" (Note, says only heated, not heat/cool.)

"Executive-Class Seating Package Includes: Right-Rear Power Recliner with Multifunction Massager and Leg Rest, Climate Concierge, Rear Seat Wood Trimmed Table, Blu-ray/DVD, Rear-Seat Entertainment System (RSES) with Wireless Headphones, Four Zone A/C with Air Purifier Rear- Seat Cool Box & Power Rear-Door Sunshades, Rear-Seat Audio Controls, Semi-Aniline Leather Trimmed Interior and Alcantara Headliner, Climate-Comfort Rear Heat/Cool Seats, Power Rear Seats with Power-adjustment, Butterfly Headrests, Memory, Power Lumbar Massage, RearSeat Side Airbags, Genuine Leather Instrument Panel."

For 2014-2017 models, however, I noticed a slight difference in the Comfort Package description, which no longer lists heat for rear seats!! Perhaps this is a typo in the Lexus materials, I don't know.
"Comfort Package Includes: Climate Comfort Front Heated/Cooled Seats, Power Rear Sunshade and One-touch Power Trunk Open/Close."

Ultra Luxury Package, and Executive Package continue to provide heat/cool for rear seats.

I am not up on LS600 specs, but, it may come standard with rear-seat heaters. Others in this community can shed a lot more light on that hard to find vehicle.
Old 02-18-22, 12:07 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,952 Posts

Originally Posted by DedBirdDog
I traded mine on a new S560, I don't disagree. Its a shame Lexus didnt improve upon the 460 in the next generation and offer something thats really competitive.
The following users liked this post:
DedBirdDog (02-18-22)