LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Parking Sensors not working no light

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-22, 07:42 AM
derreckla
Intermediate

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Parking Sensors not working no light

When I press P button no light comes on it the button.

08' 460L

IS there a fuse tied to this system?

Thanks for everyone's help in advance

Derreck
Old 02-25-22, 05:10 PM
derreckla
Intermediate

Also my Amp isn't working either. Fuse was blown in fuse box 2 on passenger side. I tried to replace the amp fuse and it blew instantly. its a 30 amp fuse so this must mean I have more power going to it.

I put one of those after market stereos in my car. I wonder if I connected the wrong wires to constant or to higher amp live wires.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the stereo plug?

08 ls460L with ML system.

Thanks
Old 02-25-22, 05:59 PM
Anfanger
Pole Position

Received 889 Likes on 656 Posts

Have you checked the car for error codes?

Screwing up the wiring will cause all kinds of problems. I would check if you have any water near the amp just in case.
Old 02-26-22, 02:59 PM
derreckla
Intermediate

Error codes DUH thanks thats why I come here...
Old 02-27-22, 11:57 AM
derreckla
Intermediate

I ran techstream and got these codes. There was no water by my amp in trunk..thanks for your help

I recently was messing around with wiring in my back up camera over behind glovebox I wonder if I connected wires that didn't need to be connected...
Old 02-27-22, 12:04 PM
derreckla
Intermediate

Why would my 30 amp fuse be blowing for Amplifier? Does this mean I crossed a wire that is higher amperage than this?

Thanks
Old 02-27-22, 12:07 PM
Gerf
Pole Position

Received 823 Likes on 608 Posts

If the 30 amp is blowing instantly like you said most likely you have a short to ground somewhere.
Old 02-27-22, 12:09 PM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,282 Likes on 991 Posts

Originally Posted by derreckla
Why would my 30 amp fuse be blowing for Amplifier? Does this mean I crossed a wire that is higher amperage than this?

Thanks
It could also be a ground short. Either directly or through a crossed wire. Electrical issues are notoriously difficult even in 30 year old cars. Take a complex LS460 and it becomes mind boggling. If this started right after you did the rewiring, undo what you did.
Old 02-27-22, 12:12 PM
derreckla
Intermediate

will try tomorrow and report....

those 30amp fuses aren't cheap $5 a pop gotta figure it out quck
Old 02-27-22, 12:47 PM
derreckla
Intermediate

From parking assist module I have 4 wires, power and ground for back up camera as well as positive and negative for video signal These wires are ran from park assist module behind glovebox to stereo. Since I already have the stereo out, can I test the voltage of these 4 wires to find out which one is sending too much power? What should the voltage be under that trips a 30amp fuse?

Thanks
Old 02-27-22, 12:55 PM
swfla
Lead Lap

Thanks
It could also be a ground short. Either directly or through a crossed wire. Electrical issues are notoriously difficult even in 30 year old cars. Take a complex LS460 and it becomes mind boggling. Maybe take it to a pro stereo installer and have them redo the wiring you did. It's possible that the amp has gone bad without water intrusion. Certain years have a common amp failure.
Old 03-01-22, 07:04 AM
derreckla
Intermediate

So I took apart the car again and undid pretty much everything I did. I am confused why I keep blowing just the AMP fuse. I found this diagram online.

The wire leave the fuse box and travels to the amp in the back. Does this mean I have a short somewhere on this wire, or after it leave the amp and travels somewhere else I could have a short?

Thanks
Old 03-01-22, 08:23 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

You can test the hot and ground wires for the amp with a multimeter and some long jumper wires. The tests will reveal voltages and also if either wire has a short to ground.
The following users liked this post:
Anfanger (03-01-22)
Old 03-01-22, 08:36 AM
lwphat66
Instructor

Received 448 Likes on 322 Posts

So I took apart the car again and undid pretty much everything I did. I am confused why I keep blowing just the AMP fuse. I found this diagram online.

The wire leave the fuse box and travels to the amp in the back. Does this mean I have a short somewhere on this wire, or after it leave the amp and travels somewhere else I could have a short?
Thanks
Somewhat easy process of elimination way would be to disconnect all plugs into amp and see if 30 amp fuse still pops. The ML amp has been known to become inoperable due to failure of internal components such as capacitors, FETs, etc. However, I have not read anything about these failures causing the 30 amp to blow.
Old 03-01-22, 08:47 AM
derreckla
Intermediate

Thanks for your feedback,

Do you think the problem could be with the wire that goes from the amp to main head unit up front and I crossed a wire there? This could be shorting out back to that 30amp fuse?

Looking at this diagram the looks like the number 3 wire goes to amp...

Maybe I shorted out this wire somehow? Going to pull it apart today and take a look this afternoon...

Thanks everyone for their ideas

Quick Reply: Parking Sensors not working no light