LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I found a nice Lexus for sale with radar error: C1A11

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-22, 06:02 AM
NLLex
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Question I found a nice Lexus for sale with radar error: C1A11

Hello friends,

I found almost the impossible. A reasonable low milage ultra luxury LS460 in white! The only problem is an front radar sensor error... C1A11.

Should I be worried about this?

There is no Lexus dealer in the area within one hour drive.

I see some used radars for sale on ebay for a couple of hundred... Could this fix the problem or can it be way more expensive then that.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-23-22, 06:55 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,272 Likes on 984 Posts

Considering that you'll spend lots of money to VIP it, I think you won't have a worry, whatever it costs to fix the radar error.
Old 03-23-22, 07:07 AM
NLLex
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by swfla
Considering that you'll spend lots of money to VIP it, I think you won't have a worry, whatever it costs to fix the radar error.
I dont spent lots of money on VIP... The car looks like vip from itself when having the right wheels and window tinting.
Old 03-23-22, 07:51 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,272 Likes on 984 Posts

That's great! It sounds like a nice car. Beside the cost of the part, I'd suggest that you have Tech Stream software to further diagnose the issue as well as program/register the changed out part. As you probably know, everything is computer controlled and a code could have multiple components cause it to be detected. When buying a used car, it's always advisable to have a repurchase inspection with a compatible code reader/diagnostic tool. Personally, if everything else was to my liking, I'd buy the car.
Old 03-27-22, 08:06 AM
Vansibel
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by NLLex
Hello friends,

I found almost the impossible. A reasonable low milage ultra luxury LS460 in white! The only problem is an front radar sensor error... C1A11.

Should I be worried about this?

There is no Lexus dealer in the area within one hour drive.

I see some used radars for sale on ebay for a couple of hundred... Could this fix the problem or can it be way more expensive then that.

Thanks in advance!
C1A11 mean that the front millimeter wave radar sensor assembly's beam axis is deviated. You need to go to your Lexus dealer and ask then to perform a millimeter wave radar sensor adjustment. If you have APCS they will also have to adjust the object recognition camera as part of this procedure. If that failed you will have to replace the driving support ECU, which is not that hard but I highly doubt that this is the problem in that case. There is a bunch of used ECU on the market you can buy for a good price.