LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Another front end rattle question

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-22, 09:42 AM
derreckla
Intermediate

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Spoiler

!!!!!SOLVED!!!!
The problem for me seemed to be the Front Lower Control Arm Bushings where it meets the wheel. It's hard to see because it's behind the wheel when looking at the bushings where it connects.

The way we found out is I took it to mechanic and they put car up on alignment rack drove it back and forth while the owner and I were under it. Every time he moved the car front and back you could feel the shift at this bushing. Now if we all only had an alignment rack and lift.

Has anyone bought one of these bushing kits and just replaced them all?
https://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts...4aAo4TEALw_wcB

I have two of these cars so it would be cool to take the other one and just replace all the bushings at once.

Thanks
The following users liked this post:
BlazeViper (04-17-22)
Old 04-17-22, 08:11 AM
BlazeViper
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 76 Posts

There have indeed been some committed and handy members that have pressed out all their old bushings and pressed in new ones.
The following users liked this post:
Persocon (04-17-22)
Old 04-17-22, 03:38 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 212 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by derreckla
Spoiler

!!!!!SOLVED!!!!
The problem for me seemed to be the Front Lower Control Arm Bushings where it meets the wheel. It's hard to see because it's behind the wheel when looking at the bushings where it connects.

The way we found out is I took it to mechanic and they put car up on alignment rack drove it back and forth while the owner and I were under it. Every time he moved the car front and back you could feel the shift at this bushing. Now if we all only had an alignment rack and lift.

I have two of these cars so it would be cool to take the other one and just replace all the bushings at once.

Thanks
just to clarify…
1. when you say meets the wheel I guess you mean connect to the steering knuckle or wheel spindle ?

I just changed out the steering knuckle. If I remember correctly there are no bushings that connect to that only ball joints and lower control arm connects to the main ball joint on the spindle that is a full metal bushing if you want to call it that.. everything else is a balll joint so what rubber bushings are you referring to that connects to the wheel. Thanks
Old 04-17-22, 04:22 PM
Anfanger
Pole Position

Received 889 Likes on 656 Posts

@jdanielca is right, as far as I remember, there are only ball joints on the wheel side.
Old 04-17-22, 04:53 PM
Persocon
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by derreckla
Spoiler

!!!!!SOLVED!!!!

Thanks
@derreckla i would recommend installing the 2013+ revised lower aft control arms (pain in the Fing as5), check my post here because I replaced just the bushing in that arm (old arm pre-2013) and it failed in 3k miles. new revised 2013 arm is no problems so far 9k-11k miles. Also your bad control arm is the black long one that's at an angle; forward lower, or is it the aluminum arm (aft lower) the strut is attached to?
however the other bushings i pressed out and replaced in the uppers and forward lower arms are not a problem and has lasted me so far 15k miles.

Last edited by Persocon; 04-17-22 at 05:08 PM.