LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Can't register TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-22 | 04:05 PM
derreckla
Intermediate

Default Can't register TPMS

I keep getting the dreaded "Terminate Initialization by connecting TC and CG of the DLC3 for 30 seconds"

I bought some Denso sensors off Rockauto to replace dead battery ones.

I have googled read other forum posts about plugging in a battery charger to battery and nothing has worked.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I have put the paperclip in the input and the VSC comes on and I can click the display button and it gives me a couple different options.

Does any know this exact process for resetting?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by derreckla; 04-29-22 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-30-22 | 03:44 AM
lwphat66
Instructor

Originally Posted by derreckla
I keep getting the dreaded "Terminate Initialization by connecting TC and CG of the DLC3 for 30 seconds"

I have googled read other forum posts about plugging in a battery charger to battery and nothing has worked.

I have put the paperclip in the input and the VSC comes on and I can click the display button and it gives me a couple different options.

Thanks in advance
What method are you using to upload the new sensor info, and have you already installed them in the wheels/tires?
Old 05-02-22 | 05:00 AM
Vansibel
Intermediate

Thanks in advance
Save yourself the headache and just use Carista, 2 minutes process on your smartphone to register 4 new tpms
Old 05-02-22 | 09:11 AM
derreckla
Intermediate

How much does this cost?

Thanks
Old 05-02-22 | 09:23 AM
derreckla
Intermediate

I see you can download app and pay for it.

Did you buy the official Carista OBD adapter? I see they are somewhere around $40?

Will this work with my Desno sensors?

I thought these were aftermarket OEM and two tire shops that I took it to said they couldn't register them that they could register other brands but the tool they had wouldn't register DESNO's. Does this took register all sensors? I bought some generic ones for wifes camry that's why I asked.

Thanks
Old 05-02-22 | 10:22 AM
Vansibel
Intermediate

I see you can download app and pay for it.

Did you buy the official Carista OBD adapter? I see they are somewhere around $40?

Will this work with my Desno sensors?

I thought these were aftermarket OEM and two tire shops that I took it to said they couldn't register them that they could register other brands but the tool they had wouldn't register DESNO's. Does this took register all sensors? I bought some generic ones for wifes camry that's why I asked.

Thanks
You don't have to use the official odb2 adapter, as for your sensor unless they are just incompatible with the car receiver (ex: different frequency) I don't see why it would not work as it is just a matter of entering the sensor ID to register them.
Old 05-02-22 | 10:30 AM
derreckla
Intermediate

I don't see why they would be incompatible with car I bought them from Rock Auto as replacements in their LS section.
Old 05-02-22 | 01:05 PM
jmcraney

The 2007 - 2012 LS460s use Denso 550-103 TPMS sensors.

The 2013 and newer LS460s use Denso 550-105 sensors.

Both PNs are 315 MHz but are not interchangeable. There have been several reports in this forum from users who have made this mistake.
The following users liked this post:
Nospinzone (05-02-22)
Old 05-02-22 | 01:26 PM
lexo98
Pole Position

I’m going to assume 2013 abs up shows actual tire location. That’s usually when the part numbers change
Old 05-02-22 | 01:31 PM
jmcraney

Originally Posted by lexo98
I’m going to assume 2013 abs up shows actual tire location. That’s usually when the part numbers change
Yes, the localization feature was implemented in 2013 and newer LS460s.
Old 05-02-22 | 02:41 PM
V8cars
10th Gear

Another vote for Carista dongle and app. Carista is extremely easy to use and will register any compatible sensors.

The cheap versions of the OBD2 dongles are not going to work for TPMS registration with Techstream, even if other Techstream functions work.
There are reports that "vxdiag vcx nano" dongle works, but it is more expensive then Carista.
Old 05-02-22 | 03:04 PM
derreckla
Intermediate

Nope got the right ones for my car.

Thanks for your help
Old 05-02-22 | 03:05 PM
derreckla
Intermediate

Thanks,

I ended up buying the Carista Dongle for $40 and it says it comes with a month of Pro usage. The small whole in the wall tire shop wanted $55 extra a tire to register so this will pay for itself. I will just do all mine and my wifes when I get it in mail.

Thanks again for everyones help

Derreck
Old 05-04-22 | 11:40 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Hope this makes it easy to do. Keep us informed.
Old 05-17-22 | 06:25 AM
derreckla
Intermediate

Thanks

Bought Carista Dongle for $40 purchase one month for $10 and PRESTO registered the two new sensors and tire light turned off.

Thanks for the suggestion. This could of saved me like a month and 5 hours of frustration on Techstream.

Let me know if anyone wants to "rent" the dongle from me, as will just keep it and add a month to register new sensors since the tire shop here wanted like $50 a tire to register new sensors.

Quick Reply: Can't register TPMS