LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Rear seat controls not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-22 | 02:43 PM
1NiceLS
10th Gear

Default Rear seat controls not working

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a 2007 LS460 with the adjustable rear seats (without a/c or radio controls). However, the rear seat armrest controls are not operable. The lights that indicate which seat is selected are not turning on, the heated/cooled dials do not light on, the door controls for the rear seat do not light on (windows do work), and the rear window sunshade can only be operated by the button near the gear lever since the one in the rear armrest seems to have no power like the seat controls. Another thing, the button on the center console for the rear AC seats does not light on.

So I went about trying to diagnose the issue. I checked the fuse under the passenger side footwell but it was fine. I also removed the rear cushions to make sure everything was connected and i didn't see any issues there. I would really appreciate some insight into this

Thanks
Old 06-03-22 | 08:20 PM
hfahmy
Instructor

Make sure rear control is not disabled, hold down the mode button for 5 or more secs
Old 06-03-22 | 08:34 PM
1NiceLS
10th Gear

Originally Posted by hfahmy
Make sure rear control is not disabled, hold down the mode button for 5 or more secs
Where is the mode button? On the steering wheel?
Old 06-04-22 | 04:42 AM
LS460Yeet
Driver

Originally Posted by 1NiceLS
Where is the mode button? On the steering wheel?
Mode button is in the rear centre console next to the power button.
Old 06-04-22 | 06:03 AM
1NiceLS
10th Gear

Originally Posted by LS460Yeet
Mode button is in the rear centre console next to the power button.
I don’t have that button in the rear center console. I only have the controls to move the seat, heat/cool them, and sunshade. The car does not have the small display in the rear center console
Old 06-04-22 | 08:23 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a 2007 LS460 with the adjustable rear seats (without a/c or radio controls). However, the rear seat armrest controls are not operable. The lights that indicate which seat is selected are not turning on, the heated/cooled dials do not light on, the door controls for the rear seat do not light on (windows do work), and the rear window sunshade can only be operated by the button near the gear lever since the one in the rear armrest seems to have no power like the seat controls. Another thing, the button on the center console for the rear AC seats does not light on.

So I went about trying to diagnose the issue. I checked the fuse under the passenger side footwell but it was fine. I also removed the rear cushions to make sure everything was connected and i didn't see any issues there. I would really appreciate some insight into this

Thanks
If you didn't confirm power at connectors and switches with a voltmeter, that should be your next test. It sounds like no power to the switches.
Old 06-04-22 | 08:40 AM
Vtallysx4
Pit Crew

Pop your trunk and see if the light in the trunk works. There is a fuse that powers all of that in the trunk- driver's side, can't recall which one.
Old 06-04-22 | 09:08 PM
LS460Yeet
Driver

I don’t have that button in the rear center console. I only have the controls to move the seat, heat/cool them, and sunshade. The car does not have the small display in the rear center console
Wow I've never heard of an LS460 without the small display in the rear centre console. Must be the 2006 early version? We were lucky in Australia, we were only sold the fully optioned versions (i.e. radar, heated and cooled everywhere, side shades etc), only thing I regret is not buying the L wheelbase version.
Old 06-05-22 | 08:41 PM
1NiceLS
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Vtallysx4
Pop your trunk and see if the light in the trunk works. There is a fuse that powers all of that in the trunk- driver's side, can't recall which one.
Alright so looks like the light in the trunk isn't working. I am going to retest the fuses and see if I come across anything. If that doesn't solve the problem, I will test the power in the connectors.

On something slightly off topic, I would like to add that my Mark Levinson CD changer is giving the display "DVD error" and the eject light beeps but does not light up to spit out cds. I have reset the battery and it didn't help. I want to hold off from purchasing a new unit so is it possible that there may be another fix? I read on another thread that the someone was experiencing the same problem but the owner said it randomly started working one day while driving in hot temperatures.
Old 06-07-22 | 07:29 PM
Vtallysx4
Pit Crew

Alright so looks like the light in the trunk isn't working. I am going to retest the fuses and see if I come across anything. If that doesn't solve the problem, I will test the power in the connectors.

On something slightly off topic, I would like to add that my Mark Levinson CD changer is giving the display "DVD error" and the eject light beeps but does not light up to spit out cds. I have reset the battery and it didn't help. I want to hold off from purchasing a new unit so is it possible that there may be another fix? I read on another thread that the someone was experiencing the same problem but the owner said it randomly started working one day while driving in hot temperatures.
Good luck! just to clarify the fuse itself is in the trunk, it is in the fuse panel on the driver's side of the trunk.
Old 06-20-22 | 04:31 PM
1NiceLS
10th Gear

Default Fixed!

Turns out it was the fuse in the trunk! All works now. Thank you all!
The following 3 users liked this post by 1NiceLS:
DavidinCT (06-21-22), swfla (06-20-22), Vtallysx4 (06-20-22)