LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Persistent Error Messages after clearing codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-22, 09:14 PM
mochipanda
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Persistent Error Messages after clearing codes

Hello,

I have been diving deep in these forums and some google searches in the hopes of an answer. So, this is hopefully my last resort.

I own a 2008 LS460 with some 150K miles on the car. It has been taken well care of and a great daily driver. Though awhile ago the dash would should 3 lights warning to check VSC systems, Brake System, and ABS (Pull over and contact a dealer immediately). After doing as much research and basic troubleshooting as I code, I bought a mini-VCI cable online and installed Techstream ( v16) on a old windows 7 (64bit) laptop. I found this thread (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...-messages.html) initially, and thought it would be clean and simple. I had a few codes under the initial scan that were related to the speed sensors and such, the ones that related to the lights on the dash. After completing the procedure in the tutorial I was left with the code C1345 and sometimes C1368

This is where I have been stuck. I've been looking for a solution everywhere but to no avail. I've run test mode under the utility menu and it seems to work fine at times (other times the ABS and Brake Warning Light just stay static). I have tried to run the Linear Solenoid Value Offset but it is odd. My techstream runs it fine, but around the 60-70 second mark the car abruptly stops making any calibration noise and it silent as the rest of the techstream procedure counts down. The techstream prompt says that the two lights should flash even faster once the procedure is done, and I have seen this happen on other peoples cars in videos, but mine just seems to stop.

So this is where I am. The car runs fine and has no noticeable mechanical issues. Just those 3 lights on the dash with the warning are present, and th C1345 code is thrown up on my techstream. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated here. I can provide any other information as needed.

(Also, I ran the techstream cable check and all the lines came out fine except the K and L lines which were red, I chalk this up to the cable being what I assume to be firmware v1.4 and not v2.0, but as I can still do the reset through the utility and my device communicates with the car I do not think this is the issue)
Old 06-04-22, 11:48 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,204 Likes on 893 Posts

Brake actuator is dead, the calibration stopping like that is a very common tell tale that it is failed to the point it can no longer complete.
Old 06-05-22, 12:11 AM
mochipanda
10th Gear

Yeah I read that being a somewhat common problem with these high mile older models. Read some things about extended warranty for some cars not exactly sure if it was for this but my mileage and year most likely surpasses that. Didn't think of it at first as the break pedal doesn't feel any stiffer than before and this has been going on for a bit. I had thought that it may just be leaking but the break fluid level never went down so I wrote that off.

I'm open to hearing whatever other suggestions and/or more knowledge/info people have here, so please feel free to write below. I could possibly change the assembly myself, though its more likely this car will be replaced soon, so we will see what happens. Curious if people have any other insight. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-23-23, 03:49 PM
Bigguy818
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Did you ever got this resolved
Old 01-23-23, 08:46 PM
mochipanda
10th Gear

Unfortunate not, I haven't the time to work on the car much recently either so it has just been sitting around. The sounds coming from the engine bay during the testing seems to be coming from the brake actuator area and the abrupt ending of the testing seems to indicate that the unit failed. The part is something like $800 though I do not know the quality of some ebay parts. If I hear anything else about my issues that I can try I would love to give them a try before pulling the trigger on the part.
Old 01-23-23, 09:07 PM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,275 Likes on 985 Posts

If you're keeping the car, use OEM new parts for this repair. If you're going to sell it soon, buy used or Chinese parts.
The following users liked this post:
Bigguy818 (01-24-23)
Old 01-23-23, 09:15 PM
mochipanda
10th Gear

Yeah I intend on getting an OEM model, just haven't gotten around to it yet
Old 03-11-23, 02:22 PM
Atomlude55
10th Gear

Im having the exact same issue with my 08 Lexus ls460 after trying to clear an airbag code with a Launch scan tool. Ive had a little luck with using paperclips to try and do a zero point calibration, but two of the lights still come on once the vehicle moves so that leads me to believe its still needing other calibrations with wheel speed sensors??? I want to get Techstream but was told it wouldn't help in this particular situation??? Good luck if i find a way i will let you know aswell
Old 03-11-23, 02:59 PM
Anfanger
Pole Position

Received 883 Likes on 653 Posts

If the actuator is dead, no software will help you. However, you will need Techstream or something similar when you install a new one to perform actuator calibration.

Last edited by Anfanger; 03-11-23 at 03:04 PM.