LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Cost to replace front struts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-24 | 01:15 PM
JohnnyBiscuits
10th Gear

Originally Posted by XF40FSPORT
Are you on air suspension?
Fortunately for my wallet, I am not!
Old 01-30-24 | 01:21 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JohnnyBiscuits
HAHA. But when the air is working its great!!
Old 01-30-24 | 01:21 PM
XF40FSPORT
Intermediate

I would say no more than $500 installed. That’s just my guesstimate.

Old 01-30-24 | 01:24 PM
JohnnyBiscuits
10th Gear

Originally Posted by THE_CEO
That is true! I hear you can somehow get them to lower when you park too. Gives it that bag look!
Old 01-30-24 | 01:25 PM
XF40FSPORT
Intermediate

Originally Posted by THE_CEO
no doubt! I paid a mini fortune 1.5 yrs ago swapping out both front shocks & all front c arms, but have no regrets. My LS just floats!
Old 01-30-24 | 01:26 PM
JohnnyBiscuits
10th Gear

I would say no more than $500 installed. That’s just my guesstimate.
$500? For what exactly? And would that return my ride as much as possible? Can I expect a decent return to original? Sorry for all the questions. Just figured I'd get it all in in one post!
Old 01-30-24 | 01:37 PM
XF40FSPORT
Intermediate

$500? For what exactly? And would that return my ride as much as possible? Can I expect a decent return to original? Sorry for all the questions. Just figured I'd get it all in in one post!
I’m saying $500, but you can possibly find a little cheaper, just depends on how much your installer is charging for labor.

IF only your front shocks need replacement, the cost of 2 new shocks is cheap. You’ll rack up most the cost on install labor.

When were your control arms swapped out? If you don’t know, these cars are super heavy, and they’re known to eat up the front control arms. I would take it to a shop & have them inspect all front (there’s 8 total) control arms. If you go w/ oem c arms, it’s going to cost you $$$$.

There’s several threads on here w/ members sharing their experiences on aftermarket c arms. OR you can get just the bushings & have them pressed in. That’ll be the most economical. Look up posts from @Striker223 (there’s A LOT). He’s a shop owner & very well versed w/ our cars. He uses aftermarket bushings.

The cost to maintain a LS is by no means cheap, but what do you expect from a flagship model.
The following users liked this post:
THE_CEO (01-30-24)
Old 01-30-24 | 01:53 PM
JohnnyBiscuits
10th Gear

I’m saying $500, but you can possibly find a little cheaper, just depends on how much your installer is charging for labor.

IF only your front shocks need replacement, the cost of 2 new shocks is cheap. You’ll rack up most the cost on install labor.

When were your control arms swapped out? If you don’t know, these cars are super heavy, and they’re known to eat up the front control arms. I would take it to a shop & have them inspect all front (there’s 8 total) control arms. If you go w/ oem c arms, it’s going to cost you $$$$.

There’s several threads on here w/ members sharing their experiences on aftermarket c arms. OR you can get just the bushings & have them pressed in. That’ll be the most economical. Look up posts from @Striker223 (there’s A LOT). He’s a shop owner & very well versed w/ our cars. He uses aftermarket bushings.

The cost to maintain a LS is by no means cheap, but what do you expect from a flagship model.
Thank you for the info! Appreciate you taking the time. I love my car. Everybody wants me to sell it now because someone pulled out in front of me and I ran off the road and into a metal light pole to dodge them. But it barely got into the hood and the bumper popped right back out! A new hood and grille insert and I'm good to go! Unfortunately since then my car has been going dead when you first crank it up and the OBD reader says 'Knock Sensor' is bad. I've had my suspicions about a valley leak due to the car somehow using coolant with no apparent leak in the hose or radiator. Would try to run hot on my when it was 105 down here (I'm in Louisiana) but was not an issue when it cooled down. If I'm gonna keep and work on this car myself, I'd like to get some bolt on horsepower but thats for another thread. Thanks again for the advice!
Old 01-30-24 | 01:57 PM
XF40FSPORT
Intermediate

Thank you for the info! Appreciate you taking the time. I love my car. Everybody wants me to sell it now because someone pulled out in front of me and I ran off the road and into a metal light pole to dodge them. But it barely got into the hood and the bumper popped right back out! A new hood and grille insert and I'm good to go! Unfortunately since then my car has been going dead when you first crank it up and the OBD reader says 'Knock Sensor' is bad. I've had my suspicions about a valley leak due to the car somehow using coolant with no apparent leak in the hose or radiator. Would try to run hot on my when it was 105 down here (I'm in Louisiana) but was not an issue when it cooled down. If I'm gonna keep and work on this car myself, I'd like to get some bolt on horsepower but thats for another thread. Thanks again for the advice!
gotcha! Valley plate leak repair isn’t cheap either. I think mine was in ballpark of $1500.00, pre covid pricing.
Old 02-08-24 | 05:40 AM
texas008
Advanced

I bought front struts from Lexus, they are in Lexus part box, but has KYB sticker on them.
Old 02-08-24 | 07:55 AM
JohnnyC407
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by texas008
I bought front struts from Lexus, they are in Lexus part box, but has KYB sticker on them.
KYB is the OEM manufacturer.
Old 02-09-24 | 05:39 AM
texas008
Advanced

yes so next time just buy KYB directly
Old 02-09-24 | 05:41 AM
JohnnyC407
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by texas008
yes so next time just buy KYB directly
I don't believe you can.
Old 02-09-24 | 06:05 AM
Gerf
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JohnnyC407
I don't believe you can.
https://www.kyb.com/where-to-buy-kyb...ailer-locator/
Old 02-09-24 | 06:10 AM
JohnnyC407
Pit Crew

Yep. Not directly.

Quick Reply: Cost to replace front struts?