LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Navigation system

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-22, 11:49 PM
suniljose7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Navigation system

Hello,
My LS460L 2007 being a Korean spec has navigation system operating a Korean language. How do I change this to English and update to a middle east map, any thoughts please?
I do see a Korean navigation CD in the car and there seems a CD slot in the glow box too.

Old 12-22-22, 11:40 AM
trogdor113
Pit Crew

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

I know that Techstream can do it, but I have no idea if Korea-spec cars have English as a language option. US cars can select from English or Spanish and I believe European cars (maybe Canada too?) add French, German, and Italian. There's not going to be a way to add a language to the options without flashing the unit with firmware for a different country, which I doubt Techstream would allow. Take all of this with a grain of salt though; I have extensive software experience with BMW's but am still getting to know Lexus.

The maps should be as simple as getting the right DVD for your region, assuming it exists. I would check eBay for used Lexus navigation DVD's.
The following users liked this post:
suniljose7 (12-22-22)
Old 12-22-22, 08:42 PM
suniljose7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by trogdor113
I know that Techstream can do it, but I have no idea if Korea-spec cars have English as a language option. US cars can select from English or Spanish and I believe European cars (maybe Canada too?) add French, German, and Italian. There's not going to be a way to add a language to the options without flashing the unit with firmware for a different country, which I doubt Techstream would allow. Take all of this with a grain of salt though; I have extensive software experience with BMW's but am still getting to know Lexus.

The maps should be as simple as getting the right DVD for your region, assuming it exists. I would check eBay for used Lexus navigation DVD's.
Hello, Not sure if it is DVD or my car needs hard disk replacement. There is a box in the glove box where a DVD is inserted. System at the moment does not have an option of choosing other languages, Korean seems only option.
Old 12-23-22, 06:17 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,281 Likes on 990 Posts

With the led lights burned out and you looking for replacement units, why not try getting the language you want?
Old 12-23-22, 01:33 PM
trogdor113
Pit Crew

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by suniljose7
System at the moment does not have an option of choosing other languages, Korean seems only option.
You mean in Techstream? Or in the interface itself? If you're looking in Techstream, then yeah, sounds like you're out of luck. I agree with the suggestion of trying to source a replacement unit from another country.
Old 12-26-22, 09:08 PM
suniljose7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by trogdor113
You mean in Techstream? Or in the interface itself? If you're looking in Techstream, then yeah, sounds like you're out of luck. I agree with the suggestion of trying to source a replacement unit from another country.
I mean the interface itself...