LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

CarFax Maintenance records

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-23, 01:01 PM
sajack
Advanced

Received 109 Likes on 78 Posts
Default CarFax Maintenance records

I have CarFax service records on my LS500 (all done at Lexus dealer), however it doesn’t give specifics as to what services were performed. For instance, it might say: 15,000 mile service, but doesn’t go into detail.
Shouldn’t I be able to get this info from a Lexus dealer? I bought my car from a Lexus dealer in Illinois, but my servicing dealer is in Missouri.
I would like to know if the engine air filters and cabin air filter have ever been changed. I bought it LCertified.
Seems the filters should have been changed when it was certified. By the way, what is the Lexus recommended service interval for engine air filters? I would pull the covers off and inspect them, but my 76 year-old neck hurts.
Old 03-16-23, 02:34 PM
PGA71
Intermediate

Received 403 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by sajack
I have CarFax service records on my LS500 (all done at Lexus dealer), however it doesn’t give specifics as to what services were performed. For instance, it might say: 15,000 mile service, but doesn’t go into detail.
Shouldn’t I be able to get this info from a Lexus dealer? I bought my car from a Lexus dealer in Illinois, but my servicing dealer is in Missouri.
I would like to know if the engine air filters and cabin air filter have ever been changed. I bought it LCertified.
Seems the filters should have been changed when it was certified. By the way, what is the Lexus recommended service interval for engine air filters? I would pull the covers off and inspect them, but my 76 year-old neck hurts.
You can get the service schedule in the link below, however there is no guarantee that all the items listed were completed.
https://www.lexus.com/maintenance

For example for 15K Mi Service the items listed are:
  • Rotate Tires (Applies to models with same size front and rear tires and wheels.)
  • Check Installation Of Driver's Floor Mat
  • Inspect Ball Joints And Dust Covers
  • Inspect Brake Lines And Hoses
  • Inspect Rear Differential Oil
  • Inspect Engine Coolant (Refer to ""Engine Coolant"" in the ""Explanation of Maintenance Items"" section of the Warranty and Maintenance Guide for more information.)
  • Inspect Steering Linkage And Boots
  • Inspect Front Differential Oil
  • Inspect Exhaust Pipes And Mountings
  • Replace Smart Key Battery
  • Inspect Axle Shaft Boots
  • Perform Road-Test on Vehicle
  • Inspect Variable Gear Ratio Steering Assembly, if Equipped
  • Inspect Wiper Blades
  • Visually Inspect Brake Pads, Calipers and Rotors
  • Reset Scheduled Maintenance Reminder
  • Inspect Rack-and-Pinion Assembly
  • Add Toyota EFI Tank Additive or equivalent (Hawaii and Puerto Rico only)
  • Inspect and Adjust All Fluid Levels
  • Inspect Body/Chassis
Old 03-16-23, 02:49 PM
sprtent
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

If you have done so already, I would create an account with the Lexus drivers website. There you can add your LS to your account and see all maintenance records of the car from new (services done at a Lexus dealer). You might/will see more details this way. If you update your mileage, it might recommend what service(s) due next too, if I remember right. Here the link to the driver site, or you might just Google it.

https://www.lexus.com/drivers/account/create-account
The following users liked this post:
sajack (03-16-23)
Old 03-16-23, 05:08 PM
sajack
Advanced

I am already registered at Lexus.com.
I finally found service records dating back to orig. delivery date to orig. owner. Nowhere does it spell out all maintenance performed. For instance, it just says”performed 20,000 mile service”, but doesn’t mention specifics.

Last edited by sajack; 03-16-23 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-16-23, 05:40 PM
sprtent
Pit Crew

See if you can click on the date or mileage itself.....or the "+" on the right.
sajack (03-17-23)
Old 03-17-23, 03:25 AM
sajack
Advanced

No, service records for my car do not go into much detail other than tire issues, nail, flat, tire replacement, etc.
It seems to me that the entire service ticket should be available online.
I’m accustomed to recording and keeping a record of everything that is done to my vehicle. A vehicle this expensive should come with all maintenance records detailed.
I’m going to schedule my first free LCertified service at my dealer and go from there. I bought my car Oct. ‘22 and have put 4,000 miles on it. It now has 39,000 miles on the odo. This is sort of a big deal for me because I am 100 miles from a dealer.
Old 03-17-23, 03:28 AM
sajack
Advanced

Default Lexus Service History

No, service records for my car do not go into much detail other than tire issues, nail, flat, tire replacement, etc.

Last edited by sajack; 03-17-23 at 03:36 AM.
Old 03-17-23, 07:08 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 342 Likes on 261 Posts

When I bought my 2014 F Sport, I called the Lexus dealer who had put the car in service. I got the service manager who was as nice as can be. They told me everything they knew about the car. You may want to try that as well.
sajack (03-17-23)
Old 03-17-23, 10:30 AM
sprtent
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by sajack
Wierd. Even if you car has been problem-free, the records should at least show the two oil changes at ~10k and ~20k miles. Mine does. I wonder if the service advisor will be able to give you a print out of your car service history. You can also try to give your VIN to someone you know to see if they can have better luck finding those records.

When you bring in for your first complementary Certified service, keep in mind the dealer can also do some customized settings for you, such as the one-beep reverse or the rear sunshade doesn't go down every time you put the car in reverse (if desired), etc. There are settings you can do yourself, but these require the dealer.
sajack (03-17-23)