LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

They’re Everywhere

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-24, 05:40 AM
DanTeSlagX
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I think I’m gonna go take a closer look at this…. Thoughts?

https://www.champagnemotorcarcompany...LS-500/1169694

Damn, there is a Really slick GS350F awd on that lot too. But that won’t scratch the itch.

Have to consider aftermarket warranty for this one. The 3.5TT has me nervous along with some of the other lux/tech gear. I went full “buyer beware” no warranty for my used Gx460, LS430, and RX350, but I don’t have to explain to you guys how low-risk those vehicles were. The good thing here is that I can be patient and wait out for a CPO at a dealer if I want to go this route, and it makes more sense to do so.

Last edited by DanTeSlagX; 09-24-24 at 05:52 AM.
Old 09-24-24, 08:22 AM
PGA71
Advanced

Received 419 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by DanTeSlagX

Damn, there is a Really slick GS350F awd on that lot too. But that won’t scratch the itch.

Have to consider aftermarket warranty for this one. The 3.5TT has me nervous along with some of the other lux/tech gear. I went full “buyer beware” no warranty for my used Gx460, LS430, and RX350, but I don’t have to explain to you guys how low-risk those vehicles were. The good thing here is that I can be patient and wait out for a CPO at a dealer if I want to go this route, and it makes more sense to do so.
@DanTeSlagX Nice car, but with minor damage reported I would be a little weary and at least have it checked out by a professional.

I think you could do better.

In the link below, you can see all used LS500 AWD's for sale without accidents or damage reported and free car fax to assure maintenance has been performed.

Where in CT are you from?
I'm from Newtown.

LS500 AWD for sale with Free Carfax

Good Luck!
The following users liked this post:
DanTeSlagX (09-24-24)
Old 09-25-24, 03:50 AM
Therealglove
9th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in Charlotte and I still rarely see them.... I have a 2018 Executive and simply love it
The following 3 users liked this post by Therealglove:
Nalod (09-25-24), PGA71 (09-25-24), sajack (09-25-24)
Old 09-25-24, 08:11 AM
sajack
Advanced

Received 139 Likes on 97 Posts
Default One Owner Southern Car

Originally Posted by PGA71
@DanTeSlagX Nice car, but with minor damage reported I would be a little weary and at least have it checked out by a professional.

I think you could do better.

In the link below, you can see all used LS500 AWD's for sale without accidents or damage reported and free car fax to assure maintenance has been performed.

Where in CT are you from?
I'm from Newtown.

LS500 AWD for sale with Free Carfax

Good Luck!
I would look for a one owner southern car with no accident record, one that has seen very little if any snow and salt.
Old 09-25-24, 09:45 AM
Nalod
Advanced

Received 330 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by DanTeSlagX

The 3.5tt is not risk free, but its not the same issue as the US domestic engines.
Lovely cars. Good value for the money.
m 21 months in on my 2019 I bought with 28k miles on it. No warranty any more and no issues.
The money I saved on no warranty will be put to a repair should it occur. No right or wrong here until you can get hindsight.
I have the car as equipped like the one your looking at. Not exec, no pano, no air suspension, with the upgraded interior package, 20inch rims and the ML sound. Great car!!! 44k miles now and very happy.

Last edited by Nalod; 09-25-24 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-25-24, 11:38 AM
paperhunter2000
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Get a certified LS500 if you can find one. You'll sleep better at night and know the vehicle went through a rigorous examination. Also the added bonus of the warranty coverage.
Old 09-25-24, 07:20 PM
Nalod
Advanced

Originally Posted by paperhunter2000
Get a certified LS500 if you can find one. You'll sleep better at night and know the vehicle went through a rigorous examination. Also the added bonus of the warranty coverage.
One of many good ideas.
can also find a lower mileage car with full history and know the car is serviced properly and have savings to solve issues if any pop up.
If your cash flow won't let you sleep at night should a $5000 repair mess you up then consider extended warranty or perhaps a lovely alternative that might not break the bank?
Luxury cars are indulgences.
Old 09-25-24, 07:22 PM
Nalod
Advanced

Originally Posted by Therealglove
I live in Charlotte and I still rarely see them.... I have a 2018 Executive and simply love it
Lovely color! Your wheels photograph with almost a matte finish on them.
Is that just the photo or does the finish have a change to it?
Im a bit north of you in in the Triad. We have number of LS500 I see but few in red! Very nice.......
Therealglove (09-25-24)
Old 09-25-24, 07:45 PM
Therealglove
9th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nalod
Lovely color! Your wheels photograph with almost a matte finish on them.
Is that just the photo or does the finish have a change to it?
Im a bit north of you in in the Triad. We have number of LS500 I see but few in red! Very nice.......
Appreciate it.... Thats the finish that it came with. At first I was skeptical about the red, but the more I drive it the more I love it
Old Yesterday, 05:06 AM
Nalod
Advanced

Appreciate it.... Thats the finish that it came with. At first I was skeptical about the red, but the more I drive it the more I love it
So its not a polished chrome finish?
Its a matte finish? Do you think its been over-sprayed?
Did you buy the car used? if so, was it from a Lexus dealer?
Just curious. My wheels are pitting and have to consider either swapping them for rechromed ones, or ones painted black at some point.
Thx.....
Therealglove (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:06 AM
Nalod
Advanced

So its not a polished chrome finish?
Its a matte finish? Do you think its been over-sprayed? They do look nice.
Did you buy the car used? if so, was it from a Lexus dealer?
Just curious. My wheels are pitting and have to consider either swapping them for rechromed ones, or ones painted black at some point.
Thx.....
Old Yesterday, 06:40 AM
PGA71
Advanced

Received 419 Likes on 242 Posts

Your LS looks awesome in red especialy with that dark window tint!
sajack (Yesterday)