LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

excessive seat wear

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-24, 09:28 AM
Drwho32
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default excessive seat wear

2021 LS500 with 45,000kms on the clock. The drivers seat is wearing excessively on the outside edge where you would enter the seat. I raised the issue with my Lexus dealer who checked with Lexus Corp who responded that it was not a warranty item. I can understand this on an older car but I've had this issue within a year of owning my car. According to Lexus the leather (?) is soft and luxurious (as they claim you would expect in a car of this level) and therefore subject to excessive wear. My expectation is that they would install more durable leather where you rub against the seat exiting and entering the vehicle but apparently Lexus do not agree. To the credit of my dealer they did arrange to have the seat repaired by an after market leather restorer but within two months the seat looks as bad as ever. Very disappointing, my drivers seat looks like hell and it's only going to get worse. Anybody else have this issue and, if so, how did you resolve it? So far not terribly impressed with either the car or Lexus. Previously I owned an ES350 for 10 years with none of my current LS500 problems, which encouraged me to stick with Lexus. Bad decision..
Old 06-11-24, 10:13 AM
Nalod
Advanced

Received 302 Likes on 187 Posts

change the angle of the seat, or your entry and you won't have the issues.
Your ES seat was different, the angle was likely as well. Maybe your body movements and dimensions have as well over the years.
Old 06-11-24, 01:25 PM
Drwho32
10th Gear

Default Excessive Seat wear

Thanks for the reply. My seat and steering wheel automatically retract to enable easier exit and entry. I can’t see anywhere where I can adjust that. The side bolster on the outside of the back rest is where the wear occurs and it is almost impossible to avoid rubbing against that even with the seat fully retracted. Reading the manual, all that I can adjust is the driving position, after that everything works automatically. A more simple solution would be to have more durable leather on that part of the seat.
Old 06-11-24, 03:07 PM
Nalod
Advanced

Received 302 Likes on 187 Posts

Yoga?
You wear denim? is the fabric more abrasive than others?
Old 06-11-24, 04:19 PM
Drwho32
10th Gear

Default Excessive seat wear

Good joke. Flagship Lexus model only suitable for people who don’t wear denim?
Old 06-12-24, 08:05 AM
SpudsMcD
Pit Crew

Received 152 Likes on 68 Posts

Need pics, or it just sounds like whining.
Old 06-12-24, 08:16 AM
Drwho32
10th Gear

Originally Posted by SpudsMcD
Need pics, or it just sounds like whining.
very informative reply Spuds, hope you didn’t waste too much of your time thinking about it.
Old 06-12-24, 08:35 AM
SpudsMcD
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Drwho32
very informative reply Spuds, hope you didn’t waste too much of your time thinking about it.
Like I said, this, combined with your post about lane change assist sound like whining. No car is perfect, and the LS is better than its competitors in terms of quality and reliability, and much less expensive to repair. These were your first posts, and it just seems like whining. You've literally said it was a "bad decision" buying your LS because of seat wear and lane change assist hiccups? Get real.
The following users liked this post:
PGA71 (06-12-24)
Old 06-12-24, 08:42 AM
Drwho32
10th Gear

Like I said, this, combined with your post about lane change assist sound like whining. No car is perfect, and the LS is better than its competitors in terms of quality and reliability, and much less expensive to repair. These were your first posts, and it just seems like whining. You've literally said it was a "bad decision" buying your LS because of seat wear and lane change assist hiccups? Get real.
Oh dear, looks like the post police are on to me. If my posts offend you so, why are you reading them and replying, unless you have nothing better to do with your time. Then again, I may have higher standards. Just go away!
Old 06-12-24, 08:44 AM
PGA71
Intermediate

Received 403 Likes on 230 Posts

Totally agreed.
In addition, his very 1st post yesterday was concerning brake noise in the Canada forum here:

Whining about Brake Noise
The following users liked this post:
SpudsMcD (06-12-24)
Old 06-12-24, 08:50 AM
SpudsMcD
Pit Crew

Oh dear, looks like the post police are on to me. If my posts offend you so, why are you reading them and replying, unless you have nothing better to do with your time. Then again, I may have higher standards. Just go away!
Look at you go, man! You just can't help yourself. Now you're whining about my posts. I ain't goin nowhere, sucka, and I'm on to you. You sound like one of those people who finally buys what to them is an expensive car, and then they're shocked when it is not perfect. News flash, all cars have problems, and often the more expensive the car is, the more problems you're going to experience. Mostly due to low volumes. If you're so bothered by sub-optimal reality, just go buy a Camry.
Old 06-12-24, 08:58 AM
Drwho32
10th Gear

Oh dear, you are upset! I thought the purpose of this forum was for owners to share experiences/issues with their vehicles and provide meaningful intelligent input in response. Guess two of you didn’t read the instructions and prefer to get your jollies by demeaning people and contributing nothing of any value to the conversations. Just stop reading my posts. Shallow life you both have.
Old 06-12-24, 09:02 AM
SpudsMcD
Pit Crew

Oh dear, you are upset! I thought the purpose of this forum was for owners to share experiences/issues with their vehicles and provide meaningful intelligent input in response. Guess two of you didn’t read the instructions and prefer to get your jollies by demeaning people and contributing nothing of any value to the conversations. Just stop reading my posts. Shallow life you both have.
Still waiting on the pics of your seat wear, big boy.
The following 2 users liked this post by SpudsMcD:
Higgie (06-12-24), PGA71 (06-12-24)
Old 06-12-24, 09:04 AM
PGA71
Intermediate

Received 403 Likes on 230 Posts

LOL...what a joke you are. Or should I say troll.

Usually new posters, come on excited, post pictures of their new ride and are welcomed.

You sound like a very sour person coming on only whining and not even sharing a pic when asked by the forum contributors.

Oh yes, contributors.

We know your kind. You won't last either.

The following 2 users liked this post by PGA71:
Higgie (06-12-24), SpudsMcD (06-12-24)
Old 06-12-24, 11:53 AM
dan25man
Intermediate

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Jesus guys, there are so few posts on the 5th gen forums no need to fight about it. The guy's trying to keep his car looking nice, nothing wrong with that. People make a living refinishing leather and detailing car interiors, so it's a valid question to ask. I've seen a few higher mileage LS500's for sale with the driver's left bolster a bit worn, so now I know it is how it is.

Quick Reply: excessive seat wear