LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

FSport has no massaging seats. WTF

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-18, 10:23 PM
Damage
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default FSport has no massaging seats. WTF

I'm quite disappointed that the FSport does not offer massaging seats. Anyone struggled with which model to pick because of this issue? I like the looks and extra performance bits of the FSport but need the luxury offerings from the regular model.
Old 12-23-18, 10:54 AM
franklexus
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I would just like to add that the massaging seats feature has been one of the pleasant surprises of the LS 500. I totally expected it to be gimmicky / unusable and now I use it every time I drive the car. The lumbar massage is very welcome during long drives!
Old 12-23-18, 01:25 PM
signdetres
Racer

Received 886 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by Damage
I'm quite disappointed that the FSport does not offer massaging seats. Anyone struggled with which model to pick because of this issue? I like the looks and extra performance bits of the FSport but need the luxury offerings from the regular model.
I've still got some time with my 2018 GS but naturally I can't help thinking about what I'd replace it with. The LS500 seems like it would fit the bill perfectly... until I start trying to figure out what exactly I'd want. I'm young and would feel much more comfortable driving the F-Sport (also because I think it's probably one of the most beautiful cars with the package) but it's almost mandatory for me as I want the more powerful brakes, variable gear ratio steering, rear-wheel steering, etc. that the F-Sport package gives you (RWD specifically). These are dealbreakers for me... but then you get to the interior and you can't get any of the luxury amenities like the massaging seats, reclining seats, let alone the upgraded interior with Kiriko, etc.

At a car of this price point, there are way too many trade-offs one has to make, IMO, to get the features you want and as a result, I likely will not end up in an LS. If I'm spending $100,000 or more on a new car, I better not have to be compromising.

I wish Lexus followed a similar strategy to MB, BMW, etc where you can combine the most opulent interior with the most sporty exterior and add whatever options you want. My perfect LS would be RWD F-Sport with all the performance goodies with the Executive Kiriko interior and all the features/tech/toys that go with it. The fact that Lexus doesn't allow this combination is frankly stupid. I understand the business side of it as to why they'd try to make as little variations of the same car as possible on a production line, but as a consumer looking to potentially get into a $100,000+ LS, I don't care.

Originally Posted by franklexus
I would just like to add that the massaging seats feature has been one of the pleasant surprises of the LS 500. I totally expected it to be gimmicky / unusable and now I use it every time I drive the car. The lumbar massage is very welcome during long drives!
Every single review I've seen has praised the massaging seats in the LS and rated them as the best in the class, noting that the S-Class massaging seats are a joke in comparison.
Old 12-23-18, 01:41 PM
Damage
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ exactly why I'm annoyed that they don't offer it with the fsport. So dumb of Lexus.
The following users liked this post:
signdetres (12-23-18)
Old 12-26-18, 08:23 AM
angrypengu
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Interesting you mentioned this. I must say, if massage seats are a "must have" as they were on my decision making criteria, the LS500 wins out of all of the flagships. The back rest massage is impeccable, but unlike the 2019 Audi A8 whose massage efficacy is the same as the LS 500, the 500 wins because it also has seat cushion (Eg butt) massages. As someone who's bum has been hurting due to the stock market, that would be welcome right now

As far as gimmicky massages go, avoid the S class like the plague. My gosh the massage efficacy, on high/intense is an absolute joke. Now, I will preface, that at 140 pounds, I'm not that heavy so maybe I'm not a (as Jeremy Clarkson put it in the W140 review) "el fat Presidente" but sitting in the LS500 and the A8 makes me feel incredibly good after the massage run is done with me. On the S class, I just get annoyed as it's like a 2 year old trying to massage me.

All that being said, I'm sure automakers are trying to figure out that fine balance between keeping us from falling asleep and having a comfortable massage.
Old 12-27-18, 05:35 AM
vantage78
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Would second this. Was extremely surprised by the massage functionality. Not your typical air bladders inflating/deflating but actual kneading. Felt like a massage chair; impressive in a car.

Also, I would call out the semi-aniline leather; don’t think this is an option on the f-sport? Definitely one of the better luxury features of this car. Insanely soft.
Old 12-28-18, 10:17 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 431 Likes on 355 Posts

The massaging seats are my favorite thing about the LS500. I never knew it wasn’t an option on the F-Sports.