LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

Valet Mode

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-19, 03:27 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts
Default Valet Mode

I did not know we had this feature, has anyone used it yet and can tell me exactly what it helps to restrict. I usually don't valet my car but this is good to have in case there is no other option.

Old 04-30-19, 03:20 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 851 Likes on 644 Posts

The screen can be locked so that personal information such as the user's home address cannot be viewed. When locking the screen, the user enters 4 numbers. Entering the same 4 numbers unlocks the screen.*1

HINT:

*1: If the wrong code is entered 6 times while attempting to unlock the system, no codes can be entered for 10 minutes. In this situation, wait 10 minutes or more, and then enter the code again. However, if the code is forgotten, the screen can be unlocked using the Techstream.
Old 04-30-19, 03:53 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts

In my Vette, Valet mode would record with the front camera. That was so cool.

Last edited by LexRuger; 04-30-19 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-30-19, 05:04 PM
vantage78
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mcomer
The screen can be locked so that personal information such as the user's home address cannot be viewed. When locking the screen, the user enters 4 numbers. Entering the same 4 numbers unlocks the screen.*1

HINT:

*1: If the wrong code is entered 6 times while attempting to unlock the system, no codes can be entered for 10 minutes. In this situation, wait 10 minutes or more, and then enter the code again. However, if the code is forgotten, the screen can be unlocked using the Techstream.
Interesting. They have addressed what the 2018 Death Wish movie highlighted as a risk.
Old 04-30-19, 05:13 PM
vantage78
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

On a related note, has anyone used the guest driver feature via the Lexus app? Does the shut off after the designated miles or time limit? Or does it just send out an alert? I’m thinking the latter as I’m sure there are liability concerns with a remote kill (although it would be very cool).
Old 05-01-19, 05:20 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by mcomer

HINT:

Was hoping for more, really wish they would offer something more like speed restriction and such.

Originally Posted by vantage78
On a related note, has anyone used the guest driver feature via the Lexus app? Does the shut off after the designated miles or time limit? Or does it just send out an alert? I’m thinking the latter as I’m sure there are liability concerns with a remote kill (although it would be very cool).
I'm highly doubting that, I think I have used valet mode with the Lexus Enform and all it does is send alerts to you, I only know this because I forgot to turn it off and it sent alerts to me, guess I speed a little.
Old 05-01-19, 05:49 AM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by vantage78
All it does is send out an alert if the guest driver has exceeded the mileage set or a curfew. I use it on the car that my teenagers use.
Old 05-04-19, 01:48 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 851 Likes on 644 Posts

When the first ZR-1 Corvette came out in the early "90's it had a "Valet Key". When you were relinquishing control
to a Valet or other underqualified driver you simply turned this second key in its cylinder and removed it. Cut off the
second set of fuel injectors and limited a variety of other functions.
Ford has or had a chaperon feature called "My Key" that diminished various features including Media Volume.