LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

Is the LS500 that bad??

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-19, 05:20 AM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

I've had the car for close to a year. Yes the car is bumpy if you are driving on bad roads and that's more than likely due to the run flat tires. At highway speeds the engine is not noisy at all. You can hear it when there is hard acceleration, but it's not much louder than my 2017 LS460 L. If you put it into Sport mode then artificial engine sounds are piped into the cabin. I always drive the car in comfort mode.
Old 10-02-19, 01:04 PM
n134sky
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nsaldanh
I've had the car for close to a year. Yes the car is bumpy if you are driving on bad roads and that's more than likely due to the run flat tires. At highway speeds the engine is not noisy at all. You can hear it when there is hard acceleration, but it's not much louder than my 2017 LS460 L. If you put it into Sport mode then artificial engine sounds are piped into the cabin. I always drive the car in comfort mode.
I prefer to call out the problems and forcing Lexus to do better thanks to our disgust. U solve nothing by looking the other way and offering excuses. Just my 2¢.
Old 10-03-19, 05:46 AM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

I'll enjoy the car while you drive whatever it is you drive. It's a free world and you are entitled to your opinion.
Old 10-03-19, 09:21 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by FunFact
I am interested in how it will ride with non run flats. I’ve definitely driven other cars on larger wheels that rode smoother than the LS500, but they didn’t have run flats. And that additional mass of the tires may contribute to less suspension activity that then transmits to the cabin.
Every story I've heard, people say it's a night and day difference.
Old 10-03-19, 12:29 PM
Budhah
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LexRuger
Every story I've heard, people say it's a night and day difference.
I happen to be very happy with MY LS 500 ride, Big run flat tires and all.. If it is actually the difference in night and day, I will be riding on as soft a ride as "MY PILLOW" gives. Noise is for fun,, Should have seen the face of the truck driver next to me when I had windows down, shifted down to a lower gear, and hit the pedal to the floor.. 75 years old and enjoying the hell out of my $90k paid off Silverish White Lexus,, Thinking of caller her "Silver" Hi Ho Silver. Sure not a sleeper as in Snow White. If I get that My Pillow ride will be like Sleeping Beauty. She has the front lips ready for a kiss... Hell fellas enjoy yourselves.
Old 10-03-19, 12:31 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Budhah
I happen to be very happy with MY LS 500 ride, Big run flat tires and all.. If it is actually the difference in night and day, I will be riding on as soft a ride as "MY PILLOW" gives. Noise is for fun,, Should have seen the face of the truck driver next to me when I had windows down, shifted down to a lower gear, and hit the pedal to the floor.. 75 years old and enjoying the hell out of my $90k paid off Silverish White Lexus,, Thinking of caller her "Silver" Hi Ho Silver. Sure not a sleeper as in Snow White. If I get that My Pillow ride will be like Sleeping Beauty. She has the front lips ready for a kiss... Hell fellas enjoy yourselves.
Lol. I love the engine noise the LS makes. Ride is just fine for me. Even with my 24s
The following users liked this post:
rmbrewer (10-03-19)
Old 10-03-19, 01:11 PM
rmbrewer
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the turbo sound as well; wife can hear it when I'm on the phone with her, and she says, be careful.
I just put on new run-flats from the tire recall. Next tires may be regular to see if the ride changes.
Old 10-03-19, 04:09 PM
n134sky
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Lexus LS sales are down over 40% year over year. I hate to say it Lexus, but THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU GET!!!!!!! WHAT THE HECK MADE YOU THINK WE WANTED A LUXUSIOUS TOP OF THE LINE 4-DOOR SEDAN THAT WAS CRAMPED WITH NO HEAD ROOM, HAD NO TOE SPACE, FAILED AT HAVING A SMOOTH LUXURY CAR RIDE, FAILED AT HAVING A QUIET CABIN THAT ISNT DISTURBED BY ENGINE NOISE, HAS NO LOW-END TORQUE AND HAS AN ENTERTAINMENT USER INTERFACE THAT IS GAWD AWFUL???????!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKING??????!!!!!!!!!!! Next time leave those awful YouTube reviewer wannabes alone and stop trying to cater to their rickety un-defined faux quest for “sport”, “not boring”, nonsense. Just give us a LUXURIOUS, ROOMY, QUIET, COMFORTABLE, TOP OF THE LINE CAR THAT HAS GOBS OF POWER TO SPARE (ELECTRIC), HANDLES LIKE IT’S ON RAILS AND HAS EVERY TECHNOLOGICAL GADGET, FEATURE IMAGINABLE, (LIKE MOTORIZED SEATBELT ADJUSTMENTS AND AUTO MOVING CLIMATE VENTS AT THE VERY LEAST [as in past models], OVER THE AIR UPDATES. DITCH THAT ABSOLUTELY ASININE ENGINE NOISE GENERATOR CRAAAAAAAAAP! GIVE US MORE MOOD LIGHTING COLORS AND OPTIONS IN THE INTERIOR. LISTEN TO US, YOUR CUSTOMERS! NOT THOSE IDIOT REVIEWERS WHO YOU THINK REPRESENT US!

Last edited by n134sky; 10-03-19 at 04:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MJA1951 (10-05-19)
Old 10-03-19, 04:27 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,363 Posts

n134sky,

The 5LS isn't for everyone and you don't have to buy one if you don't like it. You've also been given ample airtime to express your opinion, which has now spiraled into a full shouting diatribe that has me closing this thread.

This forum is for 5LS owners and enthusiasts to share information and enjoy their beautiful vehicles. I have and will restrict access to members who troll this forum with constant negative posts... you aren't there yet, but if this sort of thing above continues in future threads, this forum will be removed from your access list.

The following 7 users liked this post by DaveGS4:
bigblack06 (10-04-19), dsc07 (10-03-19), JDR76 (10-03-19), LexRuger (10-03-19), nsaldanh (10-04-19), shinonclub (10-19-19), Wandl (10-07-19) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)