LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

Carplay2air Device

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-20 | 07:23 PM
bigblack06

Default Carplay2air Device

Purchased the carplay2air and couldn't be more happier with it, basically allows me to use Carplay without having to plug in. Uses wifi and always connects everytime I start the car.. Setup was fairly easy and shipping took about 4 days.
https://carplay2air.com/
Old 03-12-20 | 08:34 AM
jefmedia
Rookie

I also have the carplay2air, for the most part I agree it works quite well. I have noticed, when I added my wife's phone to the unit, the Lexus touch pad is not very useful in selecting which phone to go to when the car starts. The unit defaults to the last phone connected, which makes sense, but changing to the other phone is kind of a crap shot. Really enjoy not having to take the phone out of my back pocket to be able to listen to music. I do have to get it out if I want to use navigation from the phone, I guess it can't see the GPS satellites if I don't get it out with a clear view of the sky. Overall really pleased with the purchase.
Old 03-12-20 | 09:28 PM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by jefmedia
I also have the carplay2air, for the most part I agree it works quite well. I have noticed, when I added my wife's phone to the unit, the Lexus touch pad is not very useful in selecting which phone to go to when the car starts. The unit defaults to the last phone connected, which makes sense, but changing to the other phone is kind of a crap shot. Really enjoy not having to take the phone out of my back pocket to be able to listen to music. I do have to get it out if I want to use navigation from the phone, I guess it can't see the GPS satellites if I don't get it out with a clear view of the sky. Overall really pleased with the purchase.
Yes pretty much the same feeling, love I don't have to take my phone out and connect it anymore, its just automatic. Obviously there is some minimal times it has a static sound but it doesn't happen very often and I had this issue with my BMW before so I think its normal. I have been able to get a signal for google maps and waze with no issues.