LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

How to change temperature units from Fahrenheit or Celsius?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-20, 09:12 PM
BuyingLX
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How to change temperature units from Fahrenheit or Celsius?

Hello everyone,
i’m trying to change the temperature units from Fahrenheit to Celsius for the AC and the outside temperature reading. I have already changed the units in the infotainment settings however the AC is still showing temperature in Fahrenheit and the outside temperature is also shown in Fahrenheit.

it might be worth noting that when I changed the speedometer units from mph to km/h The unit was changed correctly for the large speedometer however now I’m getting tiny mph reading at the bottom right side of the screen.

appreciate your help thank you very much for your time.

Old 05-20-20, 09:30 AM
BuyingLX
Rookie

Minor update, so far all results I found indicate that it is not possible to change the units from my end. It has to be done by the dealer. 💔
Old 05-22-20, 09:28 AM
cyberdavek
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is an App called Carista, and it will let you change some of the dealer options. I'm not sure if you've been to the dealer yet and paid to have it changed, but I can check later today to see if I can find the option to change the temperature from F to C. The Carista App is still handy to have around, I know I turned the reverse beeping off on my Dad's LS, and I adjusted the heated steering wheel or the seats to run warmer while the car is set up auto on mine.

I just looked on their website and it looks like the adapter is $30, but it looks like they have gone to a subscription based plan. I don't think I paid more than $5 for the app, maybe since I bought it so long ago I'm grandfathered in?? They do have some subscriptions that are for just a month. Long enough to customize and be done with it.

David
The following users liked this post:
BuyingLX (05-22-20)
Old 05-22-20, 12:11 PM
BuyingLX
Rookie

Originally Posted by cyberdavek
There is an App called Carista, and it will let you change some of the dealer options. I'm not sure if you've been to the dealer yet and paid to have it changed, but I can check later today to see if I can find the option to change the temperature from F to C. The Carista App is still handy to have around, I know I turned the reverse beeping off on my Dad's LS, and I adjusted the heated steering wheel or the seats to run warmer while the car is set up auto on mine.

I just looked on their website and it looks like the adapter is $30, but it looks like they have gone to a subscription based plan. I don't think I paid more than $5 for the app, maybe since I bought it so long ago I'm grandfathered in?? They do have some subscriptions that are for just a month. Long enough to customize and be done with it.

David
thanks David! Everything is closed at the moment due to the coronavirus so I haven’t had the chance to see the dealer yet. Thank you very much for mentioning that app. I will look it up now. It would be really cool if I can do the adjustments myself!

other things I’m interested in is having the sport setting on engine start up instead of doing it manually, possibly changing the infotainment system language other than the available English/Spanish options, and even changing the country of the navigation. I know it’s too much to ask. I’m happy with changing the temperature units alone. Having sports setting automatically set in engine start that’s a bonus ;p

thanks again.
Old 05-22-20, 02:03 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 851 Likes on 644 Posts

Drive Mode cannot be set to default to Sport, only Normal or ECO.
Apparently if it could default to Sport on start up then they would have to
conduct the EPA CAFE Fuel Mileage testing in Sport...they do not want
to publish that rating, right?
BuyingLX (05-22-20)
Old 05-22-20, 02:30 PM
BuyingLX
Rookie

Originally Posted by mcomer
Drive Mode cannot be set to default to Sport, only Normal or ECO.
Apparently if it could default to Sport on start up then they would have to
conduct the EPA CAFE Fuel Mileage testing in Sport...they do not want
to publish that rating, right?
but I already paid for a twin turbo v6 🥺

Seriously thought, why are they so worried about the rating? Will it perform less than other competitors under similar drive modes?
Old 05-23-20, 03:48 PM
cyberdavek
Driver School Candidate

Sorry I just now got around to looking at this. I don't see the option to change the temperature units in the carista app. I am actually surprised that it is this difficult to change units.

It is possible that an update for the app will come out and it will be able to find more customization options. I know when my dad got his 2018, the reverse beeping drove him crazy. I wasn't able to turn it off for him when I first tried, but a year later I was able to do it.
Old 05-25-20, 03:44 PM
Fhobbs
Intermediate

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by cyberdavek
Sorry I just now got around to looking at this. I don't see the option to change the temperature units in the carista app. I am actually surprised that it is this difficult to change units.

It is possible that an update for the app will come out and it will be able to find more customization options. I know when my dad got his 2018, the reverse beeping drove him crazy. I wasn't able to turn it off for him when I first tried, but a year later I was able to do it.
How were you able to shut it off? I know why your Dad was driven crazy by this beeping!
Old 05-26-20, 07:49 AM
cyberdavek
Driver School Candidate

Fhobb-
Yes I was able to shut it off for my dad. I used the Carista App. It has been since Christmas(2019) when I turned it off for him. If I remember correctly you had 3 options. One beep, No beep, or the reversing truck sound. I know my LS beeps once when you put it in reverse, I find it acceptable. I can't remember if mine came beeping like a truck from the dealer, or if mine arrived just beeping one time. I know that if it did beep like a truck backing up, that I didn't put up with it long on my LS. :-)
The other option to using the app to turn it off, would be to have your dealer do it... just depends on how nice your dealer is.
Fhobbs (05-26-20)