LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

How to engage Lexus Corporate on issues?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-22, 02:43 PM
LukWyns
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How to engage Lexus Corporate on issues?

My 2021 LS 500 has had some problems and I've tried to get Lexus Corporate involved as my local Lexus dealership, Lexus of Roseville, has been useless, and actually dishonest. The other local dealership is under same ownership so not sure it'll be any better.

I called Lexus thru their 800-255-3987 Customer Service number to little avail - slow call backs, no extensions given, excalation to a supervisor didn't really do much.

Is there a better way to engage Lexus Corporate on issues? My previous 3 Lexus models were faultless but this car, with less than 6k on it, has had 3 issues so far, seems it looks like I need a way of contacting Lexus Corporate that works.
Old 03-08-22, 10:13 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts

What are the issues and have you tried contacting a lemon law attorney?
Old 03-09-22, 09:01 AM
JAM
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Unfortunately, I had the same issue with Corporate assisting me with a current issue with HUD that my dealer said to report to Corporate as a engineering issue. Actually, the representative disconnected me when I asked them to be proactive and contact dealership on issue. Corporate just wants to send me back to dealership.
Old 03-09-22, 10:24 PM
bee144
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I would say to try the other dealer.

By me, the Toyota dealer where I take my Avalon for service is crap. The Lexus dealer where I take my wife’s 450hL is owned by the same Toyota dealer but it’s much better service.

Sometimes it’s a local management problem that doesn’t bleed into their other locations. I would say it’s worth a try but have managed expectations.
Old 03-11-22, 08:10 AM
LukWyns
7th Gear

Thanks, going to another dealer now.
Old 03-11-22, 08:11 AM
LukWyns
7th Gear

Originally Posted by JAM
Unfortunately, I had the same issue with Corporate assisting me with a current issue with HUD that my dealer said to report to Corporate as a engineering issue. Actually, the representative disconnected me when I asked them to be proactive and contact dealership on issue. Corporate just wants to send me back to dealership.
Shameful isn't it. I get better service having bought $30 worth of product from online traders - buy a $100k car and get the runaround.
The following 2 users liked this post by LukWyns:
DavidinCT (06-07-22), Lubo2021 (03-12-22)
Old 03-12-22, 03:23 AM
Lubo2021
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

just because of that poor Lexus services I am looking to sell the "luxury" LS 500 h and go back to Mercedes. Even 10 years old Benz has better qualities and utilities than this Lexus.I never knew the older LS -I just bought this one in the good trust of my experience with Toyota, but here I got really disappointed.
The following users liked this post:
LS500Fan (03-12-22)
Old 03-17-22, 12:57 AM
revray
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LukWyns
My 2021 LS 500 has had some problems and I've tried to get Lexus Corporate involved as my local Lexus dealership, Lexus of Roseville, has been useless, and actually dishonest. The other local dealership is under same ownership so not sure it'll be any better.

I called Lexus thru their 800-255-3987 Customer Service number to little avail - slow call backs, no extensions given, excalation to a supervisor didn't really do much.

Is there a better way to engage Lexus Corporate on issues? My previous 3 Lexus models were faultless but this car, with less than 6k on it, has had 3 issues so far, seems it looks like I need a way of contacting Lexus Corporate that works.
Sorry to hear of your bad experience with Lexus Corporate. I just had a great experience with them, although, I do agree, first response was slow, so I followed up a couple days after I was told I would have a response from my case manager.

I purchased a 2018 LS 500 CPO, 25K miles, in November. I had the 30K service performed and was told the battery checked 25% healthy, but could not be replaced under warranty since it had not failed. I declined to pay for the replacement. I understand that there are guidelines for the warranty on the battery (Failed - 4 yrs/50K miles). I have 8 mos left before the 4 year period expires. I called Lexus Corporate and explained I have had the car for 5K miles, and would expect that the battery would be covered. I let them know I had a couple extended trips planned and did not want to have to deal with a failed battery while traveling. Case was logged and told I would hear back within 2 days. I called back after 5, I was able to speak with the case manager. She was quite helpful, stated she understood and because of brand loyalty, would skip the red tape and send me a letter for a $400 service credit to take to the dealership. I received letter and have service scheduled for this week. I have found when working with any corporate help line is to sensibly explain your situation and give the facts, without emotion or anger, and ask them what they would want to happen if they were in the same situation. Generally that will get the deal done.

I would contact Lexus Corporate again and work toward a solution! Good Luck!
Old 05-19-22, 09:53 AM
scubadvr1
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I have contacted Corporate several times over the years and have had great success. Just the other day I had a problem; the leather on the steering wheel of my 2019 LS500 is starting to peel, originally I was told this was NOT covered by warranty and Lexus wanted me to pay $1600.00 to have the leather replaced! Also using the help of my dealer I called their customer service line at 800.255.3987 and created a case file. Within 48 hours they agreed to replace the leather at NO COST and I'm scheduled to go in tomorrow to have the work done. Had several other problems over the years and they have always made it right, at no cost. Going to Corporate seems the way to go if the local dealer can't get you the results you want.
Old 05-29-22, 04:44 AM
gypc
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default your 21 LS 500

Originally Posted by LukWyns

JUst read your February post. What were the issues you had with your LS and were they resolved if you don't mind me asking?
Old 05-30-22, 11:06 AM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by revray
Sorry to hear of your bad experience with Lexus Corporate. I just had a great experience with them, although, I do agree, first response was slow, so I followed up a couple days after I was told I would have a response from my case manager.

I purchased a 2018 LS 500 CPO, 25K miles, in November. I had the 30K service performed and was told the battery checked 25% healthy, but could not be replaced under warranty since it had not failed. I declined to pay for the replacement. I understand that there are guidelines for the warranty on the battery (Failed - 4 yrs/50K miles). I have 8 mos left before the 4 year period expires. I called Lexus Corporate and explained I have had the car for 5K miles, and would expect that the battery would be covered. I let them know I had a couple extended trips planned and did not want to have to deal with a failed battery while traveling. Case was logged and told I would hear back within 2 days. I called back after 5, I was able to speak with the case manager. She was quite helpful, stated she understood and because of brand loyalty, would skip the red tape and send me a letter for a $400 service credit to take to the dealership. I received letter and have service scheduled for this week. I have found when working with any corporate help line is to sensibly explain your situation and give the facts, without emotion or anger, and ask them what they would want to happen if they were in the same situation. Generally that will get the deal done.

I would contact Lexus Corporate again and work toward a solution! Good Luck!
Can you replace the battery yourself? The 3 year H8 battery is $100 at WalMart/Home Depot