LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

Air Suspension Delete

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-22, 09:47 AM
Ahjwille
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Suspension Delete

I have a 2018 LS500 F RWD. 27k miles to left side started to fall and now it's about 3/4 inch taller on the right. Has anyone done a air suspension delete on the 5th gen? Thank you.
Old 06-23-22, 10:25 AM
ballaz
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There is a TSB that addresses uneven height of the suspension. I would check with that first if they have not confirmed bad air ride.
The following users liked this post:
Ahjwille (06-24-22)
Old 06-24-22, 07:41 AM
moekhan165
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

i doubt that it’s the air suspension failing. Take it to the dealership you should still be under warranty you only have 27k miles. It’s probably the sensor links. I had the same problem when I replaced my links with aftermarket lowering links, they might just need to be adjusted.

Originally Posted by Ahjwille
I have a 2018 LS500 F RWD. 27k miles to left side started to fall and now it's about 3/4 inch taller on the right. Has anyone done a air suspension delete on the 5th gen? Thank you.
Ahjwille (06-24-22)
Old 06-24-22, 09:47 AM
LS500Fan
Instructor

Received 521 Likes on 320 Posts

Yeah there is a TSB to recalibrate the air suspension level-ness. I had it done but it didn't do much. I was never 100% happy with my air suspension because sometimes the front end would be lower while driving and then it would scrape the road a few houses down from mine. It was quite embarrassing but wouldn't happen all the time. Sometimes the car sat a bit uneven when parked when looking at it from the rear. Lexus/Toyota just doesn't have enough experience with air suspension IMHO, I would try to avoid air suspension from Toyota/Lexus.

I've had air suspension in my Jaguar, Lincoln, and Tesla never had an issue with any of those air bag/strut systems.
Ahjwille (06-24-22)
Old 06-24-22, 01:26 PM
Ahjwille
5th Gear

Thank you for your response. I have the car at Lexus and the service advisor said that their in-house tech's can't figure out what's going on so a Master tech from Lexus will be in on Monday. Let's hope there's a fix. But I'm still leaning towards a complete air ride delete.
Old 06-24-22, 01:28 PM
Ahjwille
5th Gear

Originally Posted by LS500Fan
Yeah there is a TSB to recalibrate the air suspension level-ness. I had it done but it didn't do much. I was never 100% happy with my air suspension because sometimes the front end would be lower while driving and then it would scrape the road a few houses down from mine. It was quite embarrassing but wouldn't happen all the time. Sometimes the car sat a bit uneven when parked when looking at it from the rear. Lexus/Toyota just doesn't have enough experience with air suspension IMHO, I would try to avoid air suspension from Toyota/Lexus.

I've had air suspension in my Jaguar, Lincoln, and Tesla never had an issue with any of those air bag/strut systems.
Thank you for your response. I have the car at Lexus and the service advisor said that their in-house tech's can't figure out what's going on so a Master tech from Lexus will be in on Monday. Let's hope there's a fix. But I'm still leaning towards a complete air ride delete.
Old 06-28-22, 08:25 AM
iamcc88
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am shopping for a LS500 and man this totally confirms that I want the non air suspension one. I had a bad experience with Mercedes AIRMATIC and that already made me nervous... reading things like this is helpful to me.

Thanks!
Old 07-06-22, 10:37 AM
Ahjwille
5th Gear

Originally Posted by iamcc88
I am shopping for a LS500 and man this totally confirms that I want the non air suspension one. I had a bad experience with Mercedes AIRMATIC and that already made me nervous... reading things like this is helpful to me.

Thanks!
I got mine reset from the dealer. But the car still sits about 10mm higher on the right side. Looks bad. I say get the AWD because it doesn't have the air ride. Better traction too with the AWD.
Old 07-06-22, 10:42 AM
Higgie
Pit Crew

Received 88 Likes on 54 Posts

I got mine reset from the dealer. But the car still sits about 10mm higher on the right side. Looks bad. I say get the AWD because it doesn't have the air ride. Better traction too with the AWD.
My LS 500h is AWD ánd has air...
Old 07-06-22, 01:26 PM
LS500Fan
Instructor

Received 521 Likes on 320 Posts

I'm in Canada, all LS500 are AWD and air suspension here I believe. Just an FYI because not everyone on this forum is 'merican.
Old 07-07-22, 06:09 AM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I love Jaguar , about toyota air suspention i have driven RX450h and i was not impressed from air suspention you can recycle air suspention this is what we do here in bg.
Old 07-12-22, 02:33 PM
HTOWNLS500
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought I was trippin or seeing things but mine is higher on the right side too. I took it to Lexus while it was still under warranty and they told me that if it isn't severely affecting the ride, to not rip apart the air suspension system because it would never be the same. I showed them the TSB too and the sensor bar recalibration did not fix it completely. They did however, acknowledge that it was a bit higher on the right side but then again reiterated that if they had to disassemble everything to diagnose and troubleshoot, that it would never be the same again.

I didn't like that answer and by the time I brought it back again, my warranty was expired because of the month purchased not by miles! I was not happy and I wasn't getting anywhere talking to the managers or "master techs". I didn't want to keep wasting my time bringing it in again and again, so I reconnected my Datasystems controller, and I adjusted the right side to be a little lower, so
i.e 1-2-1 (F,R,Rear), and now it looks right. Not the greatest answer or fix but it works and I didn't have to rip apart my suspension.

YMMV but i have seen some Datasystems on sale on here for like $300 bucks. A plus is you can also slam it when you want
Lubo2021 (08-06-22)
Old 07-13-22, 10:42 AM
vantage78
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by HTOWNLS500
I thought I was trippin or seeing things but mine is higher on the right side too. I took it to Lexus while it was still under warranty and they told me that if it isn't severely affecting the ride, to not rip apart the air suspension system because it would never be the same. I showed them the TSB too and the sensor bar recalibration did not fix it completely. They did however, acknowledge that it was a bit higher on the right side but then again reiterated that if they had to disassemble everything to diagnose and troubleshoot, that it would never be the same again.

I didn't like that answer and by the time I brought it back again, my warranty was expired because of the month purchased not by miles! I was not happy and I wasn't getting anywhere talking to the managers or "master techs". I didn't want to keep wasting my time bringing it in again and again, so I reconnected my Datasystems controller, and I adjusted the right side to be a little lower, so
i.e 1-2-1 (F,R,Rear), and now it looks right. Not the greatest answer or fix but it works and I didn't have to rip apart my suspension.

YMMV but i have seen some Datasystems on sale on here for like $300 bucks. A plus is you can also slam it when you want
which Houston dealer did you take it to?
Old 07-14-22, 08:42 PM
HTOWNLS500
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sterling McCall
Old 07-25-22, 02:02 PM
Ahjwille
5th Gear

Originally Posted by HTOWNLS500

I don't think they make a Data System controller for the LS 500. Only found one for $1250 on topendmotorsports.com

Quick Reply: Air Suspension Delete