OH 94 Lexus ls 400

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-10, 04:26 PM
sandalge
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 94 Lexus ls 400

Hello,

I regret to say that it is time for me to part ways with my baby LS! I love this car more than Paula Abdul loves Botox! but i am moving to a city where a car will not be needed. This LS was dealer maintained by Lexus up to 170,000 miles and dealer maintained by Toyota ever since. (Car is basically a toyota anyways and an oil change is $100 less!) It currently has 220,00 miles and still runs like a beauty. It has never been in a major accident and is in great condition for a 16 year old car that has trudged through miserable Cleveland weather for 16 years. In the past year I have added new bushings, tie rod ends, head light bulbs, exhaust gaskets, and tires (september 09). In the past month I have had the water pump, timing belt, idler pulley, ignition coils, cam sensor, oil, and filters replaced. Also the climate control unit, which is a common failure on this car, has been updated and replaced.

Specs: 94 Lexus LS400. Champagne exterior, black leather interior. power steering, seats, steering wheel, windows, and locks. Sunroof, heated front seats, original stereo/cassette player, traction system, cruise control, rear air vents. Excellent fuel economy. Alarm and remote start. Full sized spare tire.

Included with the care are two new front inner tie rod ends, 4 new sway bar bushings, and two new front struts. All brand new and in original packaging.

The interior is almost immaculate! the leather is all clean and free of any visible wear or damage.

The car does have some minor blemishes on the exterior. dime sized dent on the trunk hood ($120 to fix). Scratched center rim caps on two of the rims ($30 dollars each on ebay to replace). Couple of other minor scratches on the body. There is no rust anywhere on the car!

The interior also has some minor defects. Missing original driver side floor mat. broken track on the sunroof (found track for $200 on ebay). and the dashboard instrument cluster is defective. With regards to the instrument cluster, This is a documented issue that all LS400's have had. The Clusters installed on the LS contain faulty resistors that are affected by the cold. With regards to my car, the dash lights will not come on in the cold until the car heats up. In the summer, when the weather is warm, I do not have a problem. The dealer wanted $1500 to replace the cluster. Since it isn't a permanent problem I decided to forgo getting this fixed. The dash always comes on within 15 minutes of driving the car. I have looked on Ebay and there are plenty of cluster repair services for sale for less than $100 dollars. (These repair services require you to remove the cluster and ship it to them whereby they will fix it and send it back). Like I said earlier, since it is not a permanent issue I have decided to forgo getting the cluster fixed and have not had any issues.

If you do some research on this model you will see that is one of the best and most reliable cars ever built! You will find many owners of this year and model have over 400,000 miles on their car and it is still running beautifully. All customer reviews are positive and one magazine ranked this car as #1 on the top 10 best cars ever built list! Go to Edmunds.com and you will see that almost everyone gives this car 10 out of 10's in every category. This car is already considered a classic! (but most Lexus enthusiast on here all ready know this!)

This has been my baby and I have taken excellent care of her. This car will easily go another 200,000 miles if properly taken care of.

Contact me if interested and for pictures. Serious buyers only. I will have the car detailed before I sell it. I am moving in a week so price is negotiable.
Old 03-06-10, 12:48 AM
NikkaDe
Driver School Candidate

a price and pics would help!
Old 03-08-10, 09:44 PM
meffendy
Driver School Candidate

parting by chance?
Old 03-12-10, 04:59 PM
ucigs430
Driver School Candidate

whats the price if you dont mind posting?