Anybody need parts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-10 | 12:20 PM
651ls400
Driver School Candidate

Default Anybody need parts?

MY LEXUS IS DEAD

i was tricked into buying her for $2500
i got the car checked out by his local mechanic who said it needed a tune-up and it would run forever, it was a 1991 with 170,000 miles, i knew a tune-up would run around $800 and i was worried the price might be high but this had been my dream car since i was 10 so i jumped on the deal
i got the tune-up and everything was running great until i started to notice a light jingle when i was turning, it went away almost immediately so i kept driving it for 5 months with no problems, then in May somebody hit and ran me crushing my front drivers QP and bumper
i brought the car to my local lexus dealership and was faxed an estimate for $4000 dollars worth of repairs....NOT related to the accident
needs all new CV boots
front struts
power steering pump re build
rack and pinion
alternator because the power steering fluid leaked onto it

i dont have the money to put into it so im gutting the poor girl for parts, if anybody needs anything for a 91 send me PM
Old 07-23-10 | 01:10 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-for-sale.html
Car Part Outs
There are two authorized vendors that can part out cars (Aliga and RJ Distrib). Other than the vendors, only established CL members with more than 500 posts and greater than one year of membership are allowed to part out a car, and only under certain circumstances as defined below. Part outs should be posted in the appropriate model classified forum, not vehicles classifieds.
a) Multiple vehicle part-outs are not allowed.... it's a one time event meant for a Lexus that is disabled due to accident or one you've bought to use major pieces on your own car and are selling the rest. Buying a car specifically to part it out here is reserved for the two vendors above.
b) All individual part sales and prices should be posted on the forum so we know no one is getting ripped off by sales of the same item to other members and there is no auction activity.
c) No price gouging
d) Unknown / lightly known member partouts: Due to several scams run on members, these are no longer allowed. Recent joiners, don't even try. If you've had problems following classified forum rules in the past your partout may also be closed.
e) Planning on buying a parts car and taking future orders to sell parts of it? Absolutely not allowed. If you can't support the purchase of the parts car for without the forum support, don't buy it or plan on pre-selling parts here.
Sorry to hear about your loss. If you know an established member who can vouch for you, have that person PM me and I will re-open the thread.