LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

QX vs. LX

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-04, 04:21 PM
LexFather

Concerned with its potrayal? Caddy have been the car of choice by pimps and pushers since the early 70's and all of a sudden they have an issue with rappers who are entertainers who heavily influence its audience which may in turn purchase an Escalade due to that influence come on I don't buy that. I mean are these cars known to be used in bank robberies, drive by's, getaway vehicles no. Maybe they just don't like rap.
Hey, that is what I read....Dealers adding vouge tires and soft tops to the CTS/STS does not help either.
Old 03-05-04, 06:04 PM
Doc C
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tigmd99,

What's up with the power rear hatch thing?? I stated that the QX had it and the LX didn't which is true. I also stated it might be a handy feature as well. That's about it. Give it up already!! It's helpful too, how you capitalize things in your posts. That and the smilies are always a good way to take attention away from the fact that you really don't say much in posts except insults, capitalized letters here and there, and little faces.

I used the term "momma" only in the context that women make a lot of buying decisions in the family. McDonald's has made billions off of that idea. I never used it as an insult like you. I have read your posts. They're entertaining. Just when I think you won't go any lower, you seem to find a way.

I guess I don't think memory seats and wood trim are worth $20,000. That's just my opinion. You'd have better luck playing pick-up sticks with your butt cheeks than getting a fully loaded LX for $65,000!!

I certainly understand the capability of the LX. It's a great vehicle. I guess I don't understand what more you want me to say on that topic. My argument all along has not really been against the LX as much as against Lexus the company. I think they should have been updating the LX with features to match competitors. My point was that many of these things would not make it less capable (I know you like that word. Maybe I'll put a little smiley face at the end of this sentence) as an offroad vehicle, but would possibly increase sales. Like it or not, Lexus buyers like gadgets and the latest things out there on their vehicles. I think the QX will outsell the LX because of the fact that buyers want that in the luxury SUV class. Offroad ability is down on the list of 95% of buyers. You've said that Lexus doesn't care about profit, so I guess they don't care about the business case of things. I'm not saying they are supposed to be a volume leader in sales, but they should have sales comparable to other luxury marques. They do have numbers on some models that compete well, but the LX is dated and overpriced and underpowered. Like I said before, if the LX had a few more gizmos, and some more power, and they could keep the price about the same as it is now, I'd be the first in line. When I bought mine in 2000, the LX was leaps and bounds ahead in luxury, options etc. compared to competitors. You knock me about gizmos, but you then said in your last post that the TLC "doesn't even have real wood trim". Buy yourself a TLC and I'll sell you my wood trim out of my LX for $10,000. That's half price (half the TLC/LX price difference) and you still get "capability". Someone said in a post something about $500 for a $20 camera in the QX. Don't think the camera in the LX or TLC is any cheaper.
Oh well, go ahead and get your shift key warmed up and download some good smilies to put in your next post. The insults are getting old, but that's the way you like to elevate yourself. Take care tigmd99.

Doc C
Old 03-05-04, 06:26 PM
dougjohn
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe you guys are still bickering about this! Who really cares? If you like the Infinity QX-Warthog, then get it and find a Warthog forum. If you like the Lexus LX-outdated-styled-470, get/keep it and stay on this forum...

...geez guys, let's move on!

Doug
Old 03-05-04, 06:39 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Geez, it took you a while to respond!! What a joke!

Come to TX to pick up your '04 LX for $65K...i am trying to get lower!

doc, i figured that you could read...i was wrong. Here is something simpler for you to digest:

LX: Luxury + little bit of gizmos + CAPABILITY = $65K

QX: Luxury (a bit less than LX IMO) + lots of gizmos + no capability = $55K (or whatever they run for)

Any better?? Ok, in another word, the LX costs a lot because it COMBINES luxury with capability...something that QX LACKS. Understand??? It's very simple...really!

QX = Escalade = Navigator...they have the same toys and the same class. Same everything.

This is about as simple as i can make it. Doc, try and understand above...PLEASE. (And don't get me wrong, the above is not meant as an insult...it's really that simple...not much IQ is needed.)

Hope you get a QX soon! Please do! Another mall momma. (THIS is an insult at you!)
Old 03-05-04, 07:28 PM
Doc C
Lead Lap

Sorry about the response time tigmd99. Didn't know there was a time table. I'll tell my dad to stop that pesky lung cancer and get out of the hospital so I can get back here to talk to a f---- idiot like you!!!!!

dougjohn is right. I'm not wasting my time trying to talk objectively about vehicles. Like I said, you are the lowest of the lowest I've ever encountered on the Club Lexus forum. Other folks on here have certainly expressed opinions that they don't like the QX, Escalade etc. without looking so foolish as you have. They can put sentences and thoughts together to make their argument without smilies, capital letters, and insults. I have enjoyed their remarks and insight. The SC430 forum doesn't have the sort of childish banter that you like to use. I thought that the LX forum was as nice of a place, but as long as you are in it, you will do nothing but embarass yourself and the forum as a whole. I asked the moderator to stop this thread a long time ago because I was sick of hearing your stupid and hollow claims. Gene would have stopped this forum right away when your ridiculous name calling began. If I buy a QX, I may be a mall momma, but I can always trade it in for something else. If you ever get an LX, (unlikely) you'll still be an a---hole, and will no matter what you drive.
I hope I haven't offended anyone on here. That was not my intent. I think one reason for forums is to talk about competitive vehicles to the ones we have, because it makes us make better buying decisions and increases the quality of the vehicles we have. I won't post again on this thread, probably not on this forum as long as tigmd99 can post. He's crossed the line of decency and objectivity and I know the rest of you will discover this with him as well. Thanks for all your input. Take care. See you on the SC430 forum. I don't think tigmd99's brother has one of those!!!!

Doc C
Old 03-05-04, 09:44 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

My question is...how do you know that the LX is more capable than the QX??? Have you run both through the same terrain and conditions? You are purely speculating. Who knows, the answer may be the other way around.
Old 03-05-04, 09:50 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Hey Doc, I think it is strange that tigmd99 is backing the LX, because only in his fantasy life will he every be able to acquire one. The funny thing is that I know I, and probably you as well, could go and buy 4 or 5 2004 LX's cash, but does it makes sense to even purchase one at this time, not a chance. I made my money on smart decisions, and this is not one. Just a simple fact...too little for too much.
Old 03-06-04, 04:46 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Originally posted by Doc C
dougjohn is right. I'm not wasting my time trying to talk objectively about vehicles. Like I said, you are the lowest of the lowest I've ever encountered on the Club Lexus forum. Other folks on here have certainly expressed opinions that they don't like the QX, Escalade etc. without looking so foolish as you have. They can put sentences and thoughts together to make their argument without smilies, capital letters, and insults. I have enjoyed their remarks and insight. The SC430 forum doesn't have the sort of childish banter that you like to use. I thought that the LX forum was as nice of a place, but as long as you are in it, you will do nothing but embarass yourself and the forum as a whole. I asked the moderator to stop this thread a long time ago because I was sick of hearing your stupid and hollow claims. Gene would have stopped this forum right away when your ridiculous name calling began. If I buy a QX, I may be a mall momma, but I can always trade it in for something else. If you ever get an LX, (unlikely) you'll still be an a---hole, and will no matter what you drive.
I hope I haven't offended anyone on here. That was not my intent. I think one reason for forums is to talk about competitive vehicles to the ones we have, because it makes us make better buying decisions and increases the quality of the vehicles we have. I won't post again on this thread, probably not on this forum as long as tigmd99 can post. He's crossed the line of decency and objectivity and I know the rest of you will discover this with him as well. Thanks for all your input. Take care. See you on the SC430 forum. I don't think tigmd99's brother has one of those!!!!

Doc C
Crybaby. (Hint: look in the mirror...you're as low as me with your comments above...i am glad that you dedicated the WHOLE post to insulting me!)

Last edited by tigmd99; 03-06-04 at 04:55 AM.
Old 03-06-04, 04:48 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Originally posted by Bearcat
Hey Doc, I think it is strange that tigmd99 is backing the LX, because only in his fantasy life will he every be able to acquire one. The funny thing is that I know I, and probably you as well, could go and buy 4 or 5 2004 LX's cash, but does it makes sense to even purchase one at this time, not a chance. I made my money on smart decisions, and this is not one. Just a simple fact...too little for too much.
Hmm, assumption once again...would you like to see a pic of my 2002 Toyota 4runner and 2003 BMW M3??!!! (Both are paid off.) I am glad that you can get 4-5 LX's at one time cash...good for ya!! I love the arrogance and ignorance from Lexus owners like you!! You just made yourself look like a complete fool!

BTW, i would bet you that the LX is a better investment than the QX...resale value. (Hint: Infiniti don't hold their value very well.)

Last edited by tigmd99; 03-06-04 at 05:17 AM.
Old 03-06-04, 04:55 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Sorry about the response time tigmd99. Didn't know there was a time table. I'll tell my dad to stop that pesky lung cancer and get out of the hospital so I can get back here to talk to a f---- idiot like you!!!!!Doc C
Hmm, i am sorry to hear that about your dad...sincerely.

However, your dad's condition did not stop you from answering other people's post...THAT's strange, isn't it??!!

Anyway, i hope that your dad's condition gets better. What kind of lung cancer does your dad have?? (small cell or non-small cell?) Any chance for surgery (for non-small cell)?? Has it metastasize (TNM??)?? What agents are the doctors giving him??

Good luck to your dad.

Last edited by tigmd99; 03-06-04 at 05:18 AM.
Old 03-06-04, 05:11 AM
lobito
Driver School Candidate

tigmd99, what is your specialty?
DocC, what is your spcialty?

Looks like both of you are phycicians.
Old 03-06-04, 05:20 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Originally posted by lobito
tigmd99, what is your specialty?
DocC, what is your spcialty?

Looks like both of you are phycicians.
Whatever it is...i am still waiting for my lotto numbers to come up!
Old 03-06-04, 05:39 AM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

As far as investments are converned tigmd99, no new cars are investments. Investments are made to maintain or increase in value. At least that's how it's worked for me. When you buy a vehicle, it's a losing game...always. But if you play your cards correctly with deductions, I can virtually get a loaded QX for about $37k in the end, an LX loaded for $50k. But not even looking at that, if you look at retail, look up private party value for a 02 LX with 33k on kbb.com. It's 42,000. 72,000-42,000=30,000! You seriously think that a loaded QX will lose more than $42% of it's original value in only 2 years. LX=good resale=SURE.
Old 03-06-04, 08:36 AM
Doc C
Lead Lap

I said I wasn't going to post again. My wife and I are both dentists. Our practice is focused mostly on orthodontics and cosmetic dentistry.
You're right tigmd99. I spent the last post insulting you. That makes the score tigmd99-45?? and Doc C-1!?!? The fact that you would imply that I was making up something about my father, shows how low you really are. At least you admit what a low life you are in your last post. You're right that in my last post I was as low as you, that's why I didn't want to go any further in this thread because I don't want to be on your level. I didn't post anything from Wednesday until Friday evening. I was working and was on the phone with my family.

My father was put in the hospital last week because of a severe lack of oxygen. They could find nothing wrong in CT, or blood work. Oncologist did see some small nodules on lungs and thinks there could be something to it. Pulmonologist was seen last week. We've been told cancer all along until yesterday afternoon the pulmonologist called and said he thought that it might be a case of pulmonary fibrosis. Specifically, Wegener's granulomatosis. He is scheduled for a biopsy on Thursday. So, we've only received one differential diagnosis thus far. Certainly, tx options haven't been discussed since we don't know what we're fighting. He's had tests for everything from pneumonia, TB, SARS, and all were negative. Xrays and CTs are mostly clear except for nodules. Pulonologist took another CT and thinks he sees some radiopaque areas of a dense fibrotic nature. We're hoping all goes well.

Anyway, I agree with Bearcat 100%. No car is an investment. His depreciation numbers seem quite compelling. And I don't think he was arrogant at all. He and most members here worked hard for their money and while the cost of an LX is not an issue for most, it still means that we look for value. Even in luxury vehicles. No one on here is stupid with their money. I used to think no one on here would call another person crybaby etc. I was wrong. By the way Bearcat, I could probably only do 2 or 3 LXs, but I'll catch up to you someday!! take care everybody!!!

Doc C
Old 03-06-04, 11:38 AM
tigmd99
Racer

My father was put in the hospital last week because of a severe lack of oxygen. They could find nothing wrong in CT, or blood work. Oncologist did see some small nodules on lungs and thinks there could be something to it. Pulmonologist was seen last week. We've been told cancer all along until yesterday afternoon the pulmonologist called and said he thought that it might be a case of pulmonary fibrosis. Specifically, Wegener's granulomatosis. He is scheduled for a biopsy on Thursday. So, we've only received one differential diagnosis thus far. Certainly, tx options haven't been discussed since we don't know what we're fighting. He's had tests for everything from pneumonia, TB, SARS, and all were negative. Xrays and CTs are mostly clear except for nodules. Pulonologist took another CT and thinks he sees some radiopaque areas of a dense fibrotic nature. We're hoping all goes well.
Interesting case. Wegener's is not all that common, usually affecting nasal passages, lungs, and kidneys. Does he have any sinus problems or kidney involvement (blood in urine)?? There are many more differential diagnosis...Goodpasture synd and polyarteritis nodosa are two common differentials.

Lab test of choice: c-ANCA...very specific to this condition...ask your doctor if it is positive or negative. If this is positive, then you MAY not need to do the biopsy...of course, it is up to your pulmonologist.

Have they started him on any steriods yet?? (aka Prednisone)

Sorry to hear that your father is sick. Good luck to your father.

As for your other comments, well, i will not comment since you have enough on your mind...of course, it would help that you stop belittling the LX....remember that this is a LEXUS forum.

Quick Reply: QX vs. LX