LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Bluetooth and Sony Ericsson T616

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-04, 06:57 PM
Driller
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth and Sony Ericsson T616

I just recently purchased a SE T616 phone from AT&T wireless. I was able to sync with outlook on my computer and have transferred all of my contacts to the phonebook in my '04 LX 470. The phone and the LX have found each other and seem to be getting along fine. However, when talking handsfree with the NAV system it is constantly cutting out as if it had bad reception. But when I switch over to the handset and talk everything sounds fine. My phone signal strength is great and the bluetooth connection shows nearly full strength.

The sound quality does not really change from location to location, it is always cutting out. Most of the time I have to switch over to the handset so I can have the conversation. It seems like it is a problem with the link from my phone to the LX. I don't know if it is the LX, the phone, or the handsfree system just sounds bad and does not work all that well. Maybe there is some setting that I don't have set correctly?

I just barely got the phone three days ago and I am thinking of returning it for something else. Yet, I have read others that have the same phone seem to be pleased with it. Am I just expecting too much from the handsfree system or is something wrong here?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-02-04, 01:35 AM
mobilezen
Driver School Candidate

How long ago did you purchase your T616? Double check the firmware real quick (click right star left left star left star and select the first menu and then information). You might have outdated firmware that may be causing the instability of your bluetooth connection. I helped out one guy in Houston get his T616 situated with his Acura TL. Also, depends on your coverage area. I would suggest exchanging the handset to see if it helps.

edit - solicitation removed

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-02-04 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-18-04, 03:42 AM
suwailfk
Driver School Candidate

I just bought my LS430 and used a Nokia 6810 to connect to its bluetooth system. I tell you what, the connection has been very reliable and never broke. I stated this to show you that there is something not going right with your case.

I know some of my friends who have phones similar to yours (Sone Erricson 616) and yet are getting reliable bluetooth connections with their 430's.

The problem could be, as "mobilezen" stated, an outdated firmware.

However, I have a problem and you may help me with it. You stated that you managed to transfer the phone contacts to your LX 470. How did you do it? When I ran the setup in my 430, it requests to transfer the contacts from the phone to the navigation system but in my Nokia 6810 I don't have a feature that allow me to send ALL the contacts to Navi System.

Thanks.
Old 06-28-04, 08:13 PM
Driller
Driver School Candidate

Unfortunately not all phones will let you transfer all of the contacts at one time. I switched to a Moto V600 and it worked fine with the LX. But, it forced you to transfer one contact at a time. What a pain. I have since given that phone back to AT&T too. I am now waiting for Verizon to come out with their first BT phone - the Moto V710. Looks like it should be out within a month or so. Sorry I could not be of more help.
Old 07-03-04, 01:26 AM
suwailfk
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your reply driller.

I actually have discovered what you mentioned few days ago. I was exploring my sisters SE T-630 and found out that I can transfer all of its contacts contents at once. I backed her address book in my PC and transfered my contacts to her mobile (the T-630) and then, needless to say, to my LS-430.

Wish you all the best.