LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Super Lux comparo in Motor Trend

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-04, 04:05 PM
LexFather

Default Super Lux comparo in Motor Trend

1. Range Rover
2. LX 470
3. Lincoln Navigator
4. Infiniti QX 56

THey still loved the Lex after all these years. They simply loved the interior, the off-road capabilities and the quality it exudes. The minus was it was short on power.
The Infiniti was a big shock at last. They loved the powertrain but the interior got a universal thumbs down as cheap and the truck rattled like a bus fool of schoolkids according to the editor.
Old 06-13-04, 04:56 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the magazine , i'll scan it if you guys want me to.

I'm happy the Lexus LX 470 beat the QX56 and surprised it beat the Navigator. But you have to admit the quality of the interior of the LX 470 is amazing even though it's been out since 1998. I checked out the QX56 a couple of weeks ago and it felt like I was sitting in a Armada however it is roomy have to admit that. The Navigator is a pretty roomy car itself however it feels cheap too in some ways but way better feeling then the QX56. However out of the four the Lexus LX 470 remains my choice even though the Range finish first. The LX 470 has a look that has aged well in my opinion.
Old 06-13-04, 07:14 PM
roberttran
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by LexusChris
I have the magazine , i'll scan it if you guys want me to.

I'm happy the Lexus LX 470 beat the QX56 and surprised it beat the Navigator. But you have to admit the quality of the interior of the LX 470 is amazing even though it's been out since 1998. I checked out the QX56 a couple of weeks ago and it felt like I was sitting in a Armada however it is roomy have to admit that. The Navigator is a pretty roomy car itself however it feels cheap too in some ways but way better feeling then the QX56. However out of the four the Lexus LX 470 remains my choice even though the Range finish first. The LX 470 has a look that has aged well in my opinion.
I would love to see the article

Thanks,
Robert
Old 06-13-04, 09:20 PM
LuvLuxury
Driver

Hey guys,

I read the article, and was happy that the editors were still gazing at the interior of the LX like kids in a candy store. I agree that the QX56 is a surprise, but I thought that it might beat out the Navi. I still do not understand why the editors like the new Rover so much? I have spent ample amount of time in many and still hate those crusty hard seats. Yet I simply just cannot win an arguement with my friends/friends parents and family members that Lexus Vehicles are underpowered. I claim that I absolutely need to ****** up a Supercharger (when the restyle occurs and I pick one up from the dealer) and a nice looking dual exhaust, and they laugh at me. I sure hope that Lexus goes for the sky with the next LX. PS- ONESICK- I saw that article about the new LSGT500? Are there any hopes of an LX500?

LL
Old 06-13-04, 09:37 PM
LexusChris
Racer

http://community.webshots.com/album/152469195uiDzgT?157

I tried my best hopefully all of you can read what it says...by the way it's not very 56k friendly sorry...

Luvluxury, have any pictures of your LX 470 I saw some in the gallery but I'd like to see more... :

Last edited by LexusChris; 06-13-04 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-13-04, 11:37 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by LuvLuxury
Hey guys,

I read the article, and was happy that the editors were still gazing at the interior of the LX like kids in a candy store. I agree that the QX56 is a surprise, but I thought that it might beat out the Navi. I still do not understand why the editors like the new Rover so much? I have spent ample amount of time in many and still hate those crusty hard seats. Yet I simply just cannot win an arguement with my friends/friends parents and family members that Lexus Vehicles are underpowered. I claim that I absolutely need to ****** up a Supercharger (when the restyle occurs and I pick one up from the dealer) and a nice looking dual exhaust, and they laugh at me. I sure hope that Lexus goes for the sky with the next LX. PS- ONESICK- I saw that article about the new LSGT500? Are there any hopes of an LX500?

LL
LX500. Well AMG dropped the ML 55 for now. BMW never officially made a MX5 as that would require a stick. I do see hybrid power coming to the next LX and possibly a 5.5 liter engine. The next LX looks like it will be indeed based on the next Tundra and from my understanding, the next Tundra will be NO JOKE and all out assualt on the Amercians. They are building a new plant to ramp up for production. The next Tundray will take some Titan cues, bigger engine, bigger interior and bold styling.

No word though on any LX 550GT.
Old 06-14-04, 12:05 PM
Gohawks63
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Super Lux comparo in Motor Trend

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
1. Range Rover
2. LX 470
3. Lincoln Navigator
4. Infiniti QX 56

THey still loved the Lex after all these years. They simply loved the interior, the off-road capabilities and the quality it exudes. The minus was it was short on power.
The Infiniti was a big shock at last. They loved the powertrain but the interior got a universal thumbs down as cheap and the truck rattled like a bus fool of schoolkids according to the editor.
I read the article as well. Having seen the Armada/QX56 at the Chicago Auto Show, I have to agree.
Old 06-15-04, 04:34 PM
LuvLuxury
Driver

Lexus Chris,

I would post more pictures of my LX because I get it detailed regularly, and it looks great when fresh with a coat of wax, but my father is using my digital camera at the time and I just don't have the time to go out and ****** a new one. When I do, I will post some new pictures of my audio upgrade and ext. shots. Whats up with your ride? Any pics?

LL
Old 06-17-04, 04:25 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Yup, i have never doubted that the LX470 was superior to the QX56.... You guys are very lucky to own such an awesome SUV!

Where's Doc C??

Last edited by tigmd99; 06-17-04 at 04:28 AM.
Old 06-17-04, 02:08 PM
tabraha
Driver

Originally posted by tigmd99
Yup, i have never doubted that the LX470 was superior to the QX56.... You guys are very lucky to own such an awesome SUV!

Where's Doc C??
I remember that thread. That was some funny stuff.
Old 06-21-04, 07:25 PM
stelios
Rookie

If Lexus adds a 100 HP it will beat all SUV out there
Old 06-21-04, 07:51 PM
GSing430
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

you guys notice there's hardly any comparision (except for the suv) on lexus cars (GS,LS,SC) with other cars from any magazines? or atleast i can't find any recent one.
Old 06-21-04, 09:47 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by GSing430
you guys notice there's hardly any comparision (except for the suv) on lexus cars (GS,LS,SC) with other cars from any magazines? or atleast i can't find any recent one.
The LS not so long ago won a big luxury comparo. The IS has been in several and has not fared so well - usually getting trounced by the newer acuras and infinitis. The GS is considered "old" and not worthy of consideration until a new model comes out although they did have a recent comparison with a GS300.
Old 06-21-04, 10:59 PM
LexusChris
Racer

The 2004 LS 430 was in a Car & Driver comparo and finished first against the S430, Phantom, A8, 745i, and the XJR.

The 2003 LX 470 was in a Edmunds.com comparo and finished second against the Hummer H2, G500, Navigator, and Escalade. The Escalade won that.
Old 06-22-04, 12:02 AM
LexFather

Well off the top of my head from my recent:
LX 470 2nd Motor Trend
IS 300 4th, Car and Driver
LS 430 1st, Car and Driver
GX 470, 2nd, Car and Driver
GX 470, Truck of the year, 2 times in a row
GS 300 4th, Car and Driver (beating out V-8 powered Lincoln LS and Infiniti M45)
GS 430 3rd, Car and Driver (beating the more expensive Q45)
SC 430 tied 5th, Road and Track
RX 300, 3rd Car and Driver
RX 330, 2nd, Car and Driver (3 SUV comparo)

The competition has gotten sportier, b.c from 99-2001
LS 4002nd Car and Driver
LS 400 1st Car and Driver
GS 400 2nd Car and Driver (by 1 point lost, called a tie basically)
ES 300, 2nd Car and Driver
ES 300, 1st Car and Driver
LS 430, 1st Motor Trend
SC 300, 1st, Car and Driver
GS 300 1st, Car and Driver
GS 300, 3rd, Car and Driver
SC 400, 2nd, Road and Track (3 car comparo)
LX 470, 1st, Car and Driver
ES 300 1st, Motor Trend (3 car comparo)

Quick Reply: Super Lux comparo in Motor Trend