LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Cbest / Lps Adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-05, 11:25 PM
DB S600
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cbest / Lps Adjustments

Hey everyone. I have a 2004 LX470 and wanted to know how to change the doors automaticly locking / unlocking depending when the car is shifted from / into park / when the drivers door is opened??? I know that these features are called CBEST / LPS (Lexus Personalized Settings) - however, is there a way to adjust such W/O bringing my vehilce to a dealer??? Thank you, JJ.
Old 01-09-05, 10:37 AM
Gohawks63
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DB S600
Hey everyone. I have a 2004 LX470 and wanted to know how to change the doors automaticly locking / unlocking depending when the car is shifted from / into park / when the drivers door is opened??? I know that these features are called CBEST / LPS (Lexus Personalized Settings) - however, is there a way to adjust such W/O bringing my vehilce to a dealer??? Thank you, JJ.

I don't remember off hand the procedure since it's different depending on which setting you want. I know there are four different ways of having them programmed and it was in the manual.

At least it was for my LC.
Old 01-09-05, 11:41 AM
DB S600
Driver School Candidate

GOHAWKS: I dont understand why Lexus demands that customers bring their vehicle in to the dealer no matter how small the adjustment may be, whether it be this current topic of programming the electronics or to simply replacement of a burnt bulb - everything in the Lexus owners manual says to bring the car into the shop - no instructions provided. I would be so grateful if you could post a brief overview of the instructions provided in your Land Cruiser's manual on how to change around these automatic door lock / unlock features - as im sure my vehicle will be receptive to them aswell. Regards, JJ.
Old 01-09-05, 11:43 AM
DB S600
Driver School Candidate

BTW - I would like to have the car LOCK when shifting FROM PARK into another gear and for the car to UNLOCK either when the IGNITON is TURNED OFF *OR* the DRIVERS DOOR is OPENED. The later being more preferable. THANKS!
Old 01-09-05, 11:53 AM
Gohawks63
Pole Position

GOHAWKS: I dont understand why Lexus demands that customers bring their vehicle in to the dealer no matter how small the adjustment may be, whether it be this current topic of programming the electronics or to simply replacement of a burnt bulb - everything in the Lexus owners manual says to bring the car into the shop - no instructions provided. I would be so grateful if you could post a brief overview of the instructions provided in your Land Cruiser's manual on how to change around these automatic door lock / unlock features - as im sure my vehicle will be receptive to them aswell. Regards, JJ.
I'll be happy to. My wife currently is out and she has the truck (owners manual is in the glovebox ). Once I get a chance, I'll post the instructions.
Old 01-10-05, 11:03 PM
Gohawks63
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gohawks63
I'll be happy to. My wife currently is out and she has the truck (owners manual is in the glovebox ). Once I get a chance, I'll post the instructions.
Sorry for the delay. Here is the info.

Mode 1 - Automatic locking operation linked to shift lever position.
All doors automatically locked when the shift level is moved out of "P" position after the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position and all the doors are closed.

Mode 2 - Automatic locking linked to vehicle speed
All doors are automatically locked when the vehicle goes above 12mph.

Mode 3 - Automatic locking operation linked to the ignition switch
All doors are automatically unlocked when the driver's door is opened within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the "ACC" or "LOC" position, or the key is removed.

Mode 4 - All doors are automatically unlocked when the selector lever is moved to the "P" position after the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position.

Programming

Mode 1 (automatic operation linked to the shift lever position)
1. Set the parking brake, close all doors and turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position.
2. Shift the lever to the "P" position.
3. Press the driver's side power door lock switch on the front side for about 5 seconds, within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position.
4. The doors will be locked and unlocked to indicate the function is set.
To cancel the function, do the above operation again.

Mode 2 (Automatic locking linked to vehicle speed)
1. Set the parking brake, close all doors and turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position.
2. Shift the selector lever from "P" to the "N" position.
3. Press the driver's side power door lock switch on the front side for about 5 seconds, within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position.

Mode 3 (automatic unlocking linked to the ignition switch)
2. Shift the selector lever from "P" to the "N" position.
3. Press the driver's side power door lock switch on the rear side for about 5 seconds, within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position.

Mode 4 (automatic unlocking linked to shift position)
2. Shift the selector lever into th "P" position.
3. Press the driver's side power door lock switch on the rear side for about 5 seconds, within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-11-05, 08:15 AM
DB S600
Driver School Candidate

gohawks - much thanks! that must have taken you a while to type out. but unfortunately on a down note - i tried all four modes multiple times - and no change in the operation of my vehilce's locks. i just cannot understand WHY toyota / lex would disable such so that the owner would HAVE TO bring their car into the shop. just plain retarded. thanks for all the help tho - if i could be of assistance to you pls let me know. JJ.
Old 01-11-05, 09:14 AM
Gohawks63
Pole Position

gohawks - much thanks! that must have taken you a while to type out. but unfortunately on a down note - i tried all four modes multiple times - and no change in the operation of my vehilce's locks. i just cannot understand WHY toyota / lex would disable such so that the owner would HAVE TO bring their car into the shop. just plain retarded. thanks for all the help tho - if i could be of assistance to you pls let me know. JJ.
Really? The LX & LC are essentially the same vehicle and I find it odd that they would allow you to program the LC, but the LX needs to be taken in.

Sorry I couldn't help.
Old 01-11-05, 03:11 PM
DB S600
Driver School Candidate

GOHAWKS: Thank you for your effort. JJ.