LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Pics of our new 05 LX470

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-05 | 06:44 PM
semandell
Driver School Candidate

Default Pics of our new 05 LX470

...can be found here. So far we love it!

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...threadid=21825
Old 02-08-05 | 06:49 PM
chip99
Rookie

hey congrats on the truck looks very nice. Hey by the way where did they install the xm radio? the others i have seen have been on the lower part of the dash; from your pics i did not see it. Is it integrated into the nav now?
Old 02-08-05 | 08:38 PM
semandell
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chip99
hey congrats on the truck looks very nice. Hey by the way where did they install the xm radio? the others i have seen have been on the lower part of the dash; from your pics i did not see it. Is it integrated into the nav now?
it is internal and integrated into the nav display -- factory XM. very nice!
Old 02-09-05 | 07:32 AM
flyfishman
Driver

Semandell - great looking vehicle. A couple of questions about navigation - can you run air and audio controls independent of navigation and what controls must you "navigate" through navigation?
Old 02-09-05 | 02:20 PM
semandell
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flyfishman
Semandell - great looking vehicle. A couple of questions about navigation - can you run air and audio controls independent of navigation and what controls must you "navigate" through navigation?
air, radio, cd, etc can be controlled outside of the nav. the only things you are forced to do in the nav are trip computer functions (avg gas mileage, range, etc etc).
Old 02-09-05 | 06:57 PM
LexFather

Congrats on the LX!!(I posted on 6 speed as well) I just love the updated interior.
Old 02-09-05 | 11:24 PM
NY001
Driver School Candidate

Default Help

Hi all. Very new to this forum, but I have a question. I just picked up my 2005 LX470 and I already ran into some trouble. I am hoping that you guys would be able to provide me with some insight.

Well I originally purchased the vehicle with a dealer installed DVD system. However, when I picked up my car, they actually had the manufactorer DVD system installed. Of course two of their salesman and their manager tried to convince me that the manufactorer one is the better system (which I just don't believe since the quality looks cheaper and the dvd changer is in the third row). I am sure they are just saying that so I would just take the one they have.

I stood my ground and made them get me another car with the Dealer DVD system. Now that I have it (after two extra weeks of waiting), I can't get the nav screen to play in on the DVD screen, nor can I get movies to play on the nav screen in the front. Is this option only available if I have the Factory installed (manufactorer) system? Did I really go wrong with wanting the Dealer DVD system?

Also, as a side note, their were scratches on my new car when I went to pick up it. I pointed it out to them and they said that I can bring it back for them to buff it out. I don't know, I wasn't too happy with their service. It is one thing if they apologize for it, but they actaully made me feel like the scratches are so minor (which while they weren't too deep, it was numerous) that I was just being a pain.

Overall, I do love the vechicle, but I really would like to play movies in the front as well. (I know it would only activate if I am in park with the emergency brake on. I tried that and it still doesn't work. I seems like they didn't connect the video output from the DVD system into the front NAV. If this is so, can I make them do it?)

Thanks for your help.
Old 02-10-05 | 10:41 AM
semandell
Driver School Candidate

Playing movies on the front Nav screen while driving is only do-able after doing a hack and a safety bypass. The dealer or aftermarket system will not do that from the dealer. In fact it is illegal in many states. There is a case currently in Alaska where a man who modified his car's Nav system to show movies is being charged with double murder because they claim he was watching the movie when he crashed and killed two people.

I believe you may be able to watch a movie on the Nav screen while in Park by putting a DVD in the CD changer cartridge (it is a DVD changer actually).

As for scratches, I would not have accepted that car either. My dealer went out of their way to make everything perfect. Tell them if everything isn't done right you will be giving them low marks when Lexus comes a-calling. That is what is important to them.

Scott

Originally Posted by NY001
Hi all. Very new to this forum, but I have a question. I just picked up my 2005 LX470 and I already ran into some trouble. I am hoping that you guys would be able to provide me with some insight.

Well I originally purchased the vehicle with a dealer installed DVD system. However, when I picked up my car, they actually had the manufactorer DVD system installed. Of course two of their salesman and their manager tried to convince me that the manufactorer one is the better system (which I just don't believe since the quality looks cheaper and the dvd changer is in the third row). I am sure they are just saying that so I would just take the one they have.

I stood my ground and made them get me another car with the Dealer DVD system. Now that I have it (after two extra weeks of waiting), I can't get the nav screen to play in on the DVD screen, nor can I get movies to play on the nav screen in the front. Is this option only available if I have the Factory installed (manufactorer) system? Did I really go wrong with wanting the Dealer DVD system?

Also, as a side note, their were scratches on my new car when I went to pick up it. I pointed it out to them and they said that I can bring it back for them to buff it out. I don't know, I wasn't too happy with their service. It is one thing if they apologize for it, but they actaully made me feel like the scratches are so minor (which while they weren't too deep, it was numerous) that I was just being a pain.

Overall, I do love the vechicle, but I really would like to play movies in the front as well. (I know it would only activate if I am in park with the emergency brake on. I tried that and it still doesn't work. I seems like they didn't connect the video output from the DVD system into the front NAV. If this is so, can I make them do it?)

Thanks for your help.
Old 02-10-05 | 10:04 PM
NY001
Driver School Candidate

I know that the dvd wouldn't activate if you are driving due to the speed sensors that are installed in the vehicle. What am I trying to find out is if the aftermarket dvd player which is still installed by Lexus would play dvd in the front nav screen. If you have a dvd player in your car, does it play movies if you engage the emergency brake? Also, I have heard that you can make the nav screen appear in the rear dvd screen, which is something that I cannot do either.

This makes me wonder if the video jacks are connected between the front and rear dvd screen. I am just wondering if it is an error by the dealership in not connecting the two together.
Old 02-11-05 | 11:59 AM
semandell
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NY001
I know that the dvd wouldn't activate if you are driving due to the speed sensors that are installed in the vehicle. What am I trying to find out is if the aftermarket dvd player which is still installed by Lexus would play dvd in the front nav screen. If you have a dvd player in your car, does it play movies if you engage the emergency brake? Also, I have heard that you can make the nav screen appear in the rear dvd screen, which is something that I cannot do either.

This makes me wonder if the video jacks are connected between the front and rear dvd screen. I am just wondering if it is an error by the dealership in not connecting the two together.
I dont think thats true. I believe to see a DVD on the Nav screen you have to play it (in Park) in the CD changer (DVD changer) that is in the front seat center console). It is seperate from the rear dvd system as far as I know.
Old 02-12-05 | 06:40 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Nice LX 470! I love those SUVs it's my favorite...!
Old 02-12-05 | 08:07 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

NICE!!!!
Old 02-12-05 | 10:40 PM
stelios
Rookie

Congrats the new LX looks great. Good Luck
Old 02-22-05 | 11:52 PM
ciderman
Driver School Candidate

NY001, more likely than not, the aftermarket DVD player installed by the dealer is not integrated with your NAV screen up front. When you get the factory installed DVD player/rear LCD, you can view movies on the rear LCD as well as on the NAV screen (when you''re in PARK). Otherwise when the vehicle is in motion, only the rear LCD can display a DVD movie. In addition, when you're not playing a movie, the rear LCD can also display the navigation map. As far as I understand, all this does not apply when you get an aftermarket DVD/rear LCD unit installed. On the other hand, your aftermarket LCD display I'm assuming is larger and has a higher resolution than the factory LCD. So, while you may be sacrificing some features, you've gained better video quality for your rear passengers that choose to watch a movie. I guess it all depends on your priorities. Just to be sure, doublecheck with the dealer for your peace of mind. Hope it all works out for you.
Old 02-23-05 | 08:02 AM
Gohawks63
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ciderman
NY001, more likely than not, the aftermarket DVD player installed by the dealer is not integrated with your NAV screen up front. When you get the factory installed DVD player/rear LCD, you can view movies on the rear LCD as well as on the NAV screen (when you''re in PARK). Otherwise when the vehicle is in motion, only the rear LCD can display a DVD movie. In addition, when you're not playing a movie, the rear LCD can also display the navigation map. As far as I understand, all this does not apply when you get an aftermarket DVD/rear LCD unit installed. On the other hand, your aftermarket LCD display I'm assuming is larger and has a higher resolution than the factory LCD. So, while you may be sacrificing some features, you've gained better video quality for your rear passengers that choose to watch a movie. I guess it all depends on your priorities. Just to be sure, doublecheck with the dealer for your peace of mind. Hope it all works out for you.
The factory (actually port installed) DVD player is not integrated with the NAV screen in any way. The actual DVD player is installed between the second and third rows on the passenger side. In order to watch DVDs on the Nav screen, you have to load them into the 6-disc CD/DVD changer in the front console, and as you mentioned, it will only display if the vehicle is in PARK.

Quick Reply: Pics of our new 05 LX470