LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Rear headrest DVD installed in '05 LX (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-05, 04:04 PM
semandell
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear headrest DVD installed in '05 LX (pics)

Pretty cool new Audiovox system installed in the headrests, inside each screen is the actual DVD player so there's no remote DVD player anywhere. Each screen has a player so the screens can mirror and show the same movie, or show two different movies. There's also an Aux input for PS2 or whatever else you might want to hook up to it. It has wireless headphones and also headphone jacks, and can also be played through the car's speakers.

Friend of mine is an installer and did it for under $2k installed.
Attached Thumbnails Rear headrest DVD installed in '05 LX (pics)-dvd1.jpg  
Old 02-14-05, 04:06 PM
semandell
Driver School Candidate

another pic
Attached Thumbnails Rear headrest DVD installed in '05 LX (pics)-dvd2.jpg  
Old 02-14-05, 04:08 PM
semandell
Driver School Candidate

a closeup pic
Attached Thumbnails Rear headrest DVD installed in '05 LX (pics)-dvd3.jpg  
Old 02-14-05, 04:09 PM
semandell
Driver School Candidate

closeup flipped open
Attached Thumbnails Rear headrest DVD installed in '05 LX (pics)-dvd4.jpg  
Old 02-14-05, 06:55 PM
chip99
Rookie

nice job our place also recommended these so the kids can change the movie without our help great job hey did you do the hack job into the nav player so it also shows the movie?
Old 02-14-05, 08:41 PM
semandell
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chip99
nice job our place also recommended these so the kids can change the movie without our help great job hey did you do the hack job into the nav player so it also shows the movie?
No had no interest in putting the movie on the Nav screen. If my wife wants to watch a movie she can sit in back w/ the kids. ;-)
Old 02-14-05, 09:26 PM
chip99
Rookie

thats a great response= i agree the only time i would watch a dvd is probably while waiting for my wife to finish shopping!
Old 02-14-05, 09:27 PM
johnnyt
Pole Position

Not bad at all, I've never seen the dvd player built in the screens. Looks good.
Old 02-15-05, 08:23 AM
pemarsh
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What made you choose audiovox?? Did you consider any other brands??

I am looking to get headrest monitors too...so Im interested in whatever research you care to share
Old 02-15-05, 10:06 AM
semandell
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pemarsh
What made you choose audiovox?? Did you consider any other brands??

I am looking to get headrest monitors too...so Im interested in whatever research you care to share
My friend who is the installer said Audiovox makes very good mobile video stuff -- normally I would not buy an Audiovox product, but these look and feel good and the design is unique, and install is unobtrusive. One reason I stayed away from aftermarket ceiling-mounted units is because they are generally hung on a piece of plastic which in a rolllover accident could easily come loose and be a projectile flying around the car.
Old 02-15-05, 10:44 AM
idsrvit
Driver

Default rear dvd screen

That is a very clever set up. I currently have the Visualogic screens installed in my headrest and although I like them a lot, I really like the idea of having individual dvd's in each screen. My boys are 7 and 3 and I can usually get by with them watching the same movie, but I know the day will come when the age difference is going to show in their dvd selections. Not a project for my current car, but great to know for the future. Thanks for the posting.
Old 02-16-05, 12:35 PM
pemarsh
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the info...i have heard many good things about audiovox and vizualogic.

My next gift to me was going to be supercharger...which looks impossible becuase there is simply none out there anymore...so maybe this will be it!!
Old 02-17-05, 11:33 AM
idsrvit
Driver

Default vizualogic monitors

I just recieved a sale special from the place I purchased my vizualogic headrest monitors ....vizualogic makes the same setup as the audiovox...with dvd and screen all in one. You can buy the screen already installed into a headrest to match your car (like I did with my screens for my lx 470). They are not cheap...about $1700 for a set with just one dvd player and about $2400 for the set with a side load dvd. Sounds like the Audiovox deal with individual dvd players is the way to go for now till the price comes down. That is if the pic quality is worth it. Not sure why the price difference is so high in the side load if anyone is interested in seeing them...the site is autobarn.com
Old 02-17-05, 01:33 PM
DavidsGX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by idsrvit
I just recieved a sale special from the place I purchased my vizualogic headrest monitors ....vizualogic makes the same setup as the audiovox...with dvd and screen all in one. You can buy the screen already installed into a headrest to match your car (like I did with my screens for my lx 470). They are not cheap...about $1700 for a set with just one dvd player and about $2400 for the set with a side load dvd. Sounds like the Audiovox deal with individual dvd players is the way to go for now till the price comes down. That is if the pic quality is worth it. Not sure why the price difference is so high in the side load if anyone is interested in seeing them...the site is autobarn.com
The Side Load is 9", the Top Load is 7"
And I heard that vizualogic picture's quilty is pretty good!
Old 02-21-05, 06:47 PM
idsrvit
Driver

Default ahhhh

ahhhhh, well then there you have it. Makes sense. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quick Reply: Rear headrest DVD installed in '05 LX (pics)