LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

dealer ruined wood trim !

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-05 | 12:02 AM
Lexs400
Lexus Test Driver

Default dealer ruined wood trim !

I went to pick up the lx from the dealer today and I found out that while trying to pry open the center console, where the audio and climate controls are, the tech used a screw driver and broke off the piece of wood in the center console.
the dealer refuses to acknowledge that it was anything that they had done !
well, now i need some fix, without replacing the wood console for 1000 dollars. Is there some sort of fix for the scratch
Old 03-18-05 | 06:26 AM
pemarsh
Pole Position

If you are serious , and the dealer really did damage the car, then there is NO WAY I would let this go....complain to the top....
Old 03-18-05 | 06:32 AM
Lexs400
Lexus Test Driver

i have contacted the lexus corp. for this issue.
i checked the price, and it's 1800 for that center piece from the parts dept. the service manager offered me 200 yesterday and said he will take that off the next service. i dont think that's anywhere close to what i should be receiving. bottom line they should replace the part that they have ruined. i could care less about how much that would cost.
if they broke it, they should fix it.
Old 03-18-05 | 08:34 AM
Jonathan o
Lead Lap

Default What the F***K!

Whats happening to the lexus brand? It seems like they dont care anymore. It use to be that lexus had the best service, that was there main thing good service. Hell! you paid for it. there prices are high as hell and lately the service just isn't there. Make them pay for it. Make the point
that the service manager offer $200 discount of next service, He knows they broke it other wise he wouldn't made the offer. go to the top but don't let them get-you. Is time someone lets this service guys know they need to take care of customer's car Hell we are paying there high- ***
prices. Let me know the out-come.

Old 03-18-05 | 11:34 AM
ShadyJC
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 10,000

That's terrible... which dealer?
Old 03-18-05 | 11:53 AM
Lexs400
Lexus Test Driver

as an update, here's the link to the landcruiser forum where I have been discussing this in parallel...
bottom line, i spoke to lexus today and the GM of the dealership. They told me that since I can't prove that they have done it, there's not much they can do about i. !

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.p...621#post418621
Old 03-18-05 | 12:28 PM
PitBull
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lexs400
as an update, here's the link to the landcruiser forum where I have been discussing this in parallel...
bottom line, i spoke to lexus today and the GM of the dealership. They told me that since I can't prove that they have done it, there's not much they can do about i. !

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.p...621#post418621
Well I guess he's right so I would take the $200 off the next service and get some glue and fixt my wood console. I would also make sure that everytime I schle. a service I would need a loaner car. Then I would **** in the trunk, on back carpeting and generally jackup anything that would not be noticed for awhile after I took the loaner back. It would end up costing them a lot more then it cost me and if they ever mentioned anything I would just tell them they couldn't prove it was me Pay back is a ****!!!

I would also rate them at the bottom no matter if they did a good job in the future. It would be a forever "0" rating!!
Old 03-18-05 | 12:37 PM
PitBull
Pole Position

The way it was. I bought a new 92 SC400 and after about 1 year I noticed that the drivers seat bolster was wearing. Mentioned it to the service advisor and they replaced the whole seat while doing the work they accidently scratched the door panel. When I picked the car up they informed me of the screw-up and had already ordered a new door panel, set an appt, to replace it and gave me a free oil/filter service along with a new Lexus loaner car while the work was being done. Your story scares me about the direction Lexus is going.
Old 03-18-05 | 08:37 PM
pemarsh
Pole Position

a great place to complain is www.planetfeedback.com

i have done it with verizon and symantec. The letters usually go to the ceo or the office of the president of the company.
Old 03-19-05 | 03:20 AM
omaha_lex
Pole Position

Dude, that REALLY sucks. Do you have a good relationship with the sales rep that you bought the car from? I know whenever I have a problem with the service dept (usually charging me too much) I go talk to my rep and he gets it resolved for me (ie I lost a key and service was going to charge me $210... Bill got it down to $85... I love this guy! ). If not, the sales manager might be able to help... threaten never to buy a Lexus again, etc, and see what he says. You might want to say something like "I've been thinking about picking up a new GS, but if that's how you are going to treat me then I might have to reconsider." Have you called Lexus customer care?

I guess I'm kind of spoiled here in Omaha, though, because my dealership is an "Elite of Lexus" dealership (I think there is only 2 in USA), so needless to say they treat me VERY well.
Old 03-19-05 | 04:33 PM
Lexs400
Lexus Test Driver

spoke to the GM already. their answer: since I can't prove it, they're doing me a favor even giving the 200 towards the next service !
Old 03-20-05 | 03:20 PM
PitBull
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lexs400
spoke to the GM already. their answer: since I can't prove it, they're doing me a favor even giving the 200 towards the next service !
Find out which Lexus the GM is driving as his company car. Then set it up with the sales guy that you are interested in that vehicle (to buy it) and tell him you have a service coming up. Take it in for a few hour service (oil/filter and brake fluid flush) and have him get you the GM's car for a loaner for that time period. How take it out and **** on the cabin filter and in the trunk. It should make you feel better to know that all of the air he inhales while he is driving is being filter through your urine Have fun be happy.
Old 03-22-05 | 12:11 PM
omaha_lex
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PitBull
Find out which Lexus the GM is driving as his company car. Then set it up with the sales guy that you are interested in that vehicle (to buy it) and tell him you have a service coming up. Take it in for a few hour service (oil/filter and brake fluid flush) and have him get you the GM's car for a loaner for that time period. How take it out and **** on the cabin filter and in the trunk. It should make you feel better to know that all of the air he inhales while he is driving is being filter through your urine Have fun be happy.
ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-05 | 05:15 AM
JAEBRODY
Driver School Candidate

Default [B]I agree.[/B]

With whoever had the idea of pissing in the trunk and in the filters. Hell **** in the gas tank too....lol...... Hell I had a problem with the service dept. They wanted to charge me $700 for a new CD changer. No way!!!!!!! When all they have to do is repair the problem. They always want to throw the new stuff at you now instead of tracking the problem.
Old 03-26-05 | 09:57 AM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

all these experiences depends on the dealers you guys go to. I've noticed the difference between several dealers (which makes my local dealer look bad) but sometimes we have no choice. You want great service, go that extra 100 miles to the next Lexus dealer!

Quick Reply: dealer ruined wood trim !