LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Land cruiser --> LX470 headlight conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-05, 04:34 PM
odesoto
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Land cruiser --> LX470 headlight conversion

Is there such a thing ? Are they bolt on ? (headlights from an LX470 onto a Land cruiser?) I love the LX 470, But the Land cruiser was a better deal for me. No Xenons though, and that makes me mad. haha. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

Oscar
2k1 Toyota Land Cruiser
Old 06-13-05, 06:32 PM
AgentWD-40
Driver

The LX470 doesn't have Xenon lights either. Lexus doesn't want the glare from Xenon with a vehicle that tall. It does have projector lenses though, but there are just regular bulbs behind them.

If you want you can convert your land cruiser to Xenon bulbs. They sell kits on the internet. There is a lot of discussion in the GX area about Xenon HID conversoins. I think it is pretty much a plug and play type thing, with a bit of wiring to hook things up. It would be easy for a shop to do for you.

If you just like the look of the LX470 front end I would assume that if you bought all the front end sheet metal (hood, bumper, perhaps fendes) you could do the conversion. I'll bet it would all bolt togather the same as the Land Cruiser. Finding a junk yard LX would probably be the easiest way to do this.
Old 06-13-05, 10:05 PM
odesoto
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AgentWD-40
The LX470 doesn't have Xenon lights either. Lexus doesn't want the glare from Xenon with a vehicle that tall. It does have projector lenses though, but there are just regular bulbs behind them.

If you want you can convert your land cruiser to Xenon bulbs. They sell kits on the internet. There is a lot of discussion in the GX area about Xenon HID conversoins. I think it is pretty much a plug and play type thing, with a bit of wiring to hook things up. It would be easy for a shop to do for you.

If you just like the look of the LX470 front end I would assume that if you bought all the front end sheet metal (hood, bumper, perhaps fendes) you could do the conversion. I'll bet it would all bolt togather the same as the Land Cruiser. Finding a junk yard LX would probably be the easiest way to do this.
no i actually love the front end of the LC.. "tougher" if u will..
all i need is projector headlights. will the LX's fit on the LC ? (direct bolt on?) I can buy the HID and ballast separate and rig that myself. I just want projector headlights to get the project started :-)

Thank you for your reply and future information.
Old 06-13-05, 11:22 PM
Gohawks63
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by odesoto
no i actually love the front end of the LC.. "tougher" if u will..
all i need is projector headlights. will the LX's fit on the LC ? (direct bolt on?) I can buy the HID and ballast separate and rig that myself. I just want projector headlights to get the project started :-)

Thank you for your reply and future information.
No they won't, they're completely different.

Old 06-14-05, 12:42 AM
odesoto
Driver School Candidate

Thank you. Now onto my second question.

Do the newer model LC's (2k4 +) have projector headlights ?
Old 06-14-05, 07:26 AM
AgentWD-40
Driver

Even the updated LC for 06 doesn't have projectors. Your best bet would be to check out http://illusion-lighting.com/ They will probably be able to retrofit projectors and HID lights into your reflector style lights. Check out what they have done for the other vehicles they show. Probably won't be cheap, but if you really want it worth it. Actually it probably wouldn't cost a whole lot more than buying OEM Lexus headlights.
Old 06-19-05, 08:21 PM
bill_und
Driver School Candidate

Lightbulb Added Denso Xenon to an 05 Land Cruiser

Greetings all,

Long time forum reader, first time poster. A few months ago I started exploring the option of adding a Xenon setup to my 05 Land Cruiser's headlamps. I decided to go with a stock Toyota (Denso) ballast and bulb setup I purchased on eBay. The look is absolutely fantastic, and install was a breeze. Here is a link to an auction for the bulbs and ballast on eBay. I really wanted to maintain a stock look so I went with these instead of the aftermarket looking set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

I highly recommend this setup. If anyone needs some more information for installing these on their Land Cruiser or LX470, just post a reply.

Thanks,

bill_und