LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450
View Poll Results: What Setting Are YOU?
Comfort
23.08%
Middle Left (Big Dot)
53.85%
Middle Right
17.58%
Sport
15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

What Setting Are YOU? LX470 Owners Please Post

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-06, 08:04 PM
Jayson
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by aedgington
That's what I use on the freeway also, especially when it's windy.
I rarely drive the LX, but today I did and finally got the it up to some respectable highway speed. I got to about 83mph before catching a couple of wind gusts that scared the cr*p out of me and slowed it back down to the highway speed limit of 65.

This truck really impresses me. When i had it at 80+ for those short 4-5 miles, it seemed as though it just wanted to keep going faster. I never thought such a heavy beast would react that way. RPMs were still low and plenty of pedal left.
Old 12-08-06, 08:26 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by suhyuk1214
SC4Hundred that is the same exact reason I switch my avs when my vehicle is stopped and put on P.I hope wont it hurt anything because my nephew thats 8years old switched it agressively from the way left to the way right constantly. I scolded him for doing that(I think he needed it because he had already broke and jammed some parts of my LX ).
You need to put some knotts on that kids head
Old 12-08-06, 10:58 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah it always seems like it wants to go faster till it hits a certain point...heres my speedo bouncing off that certain point. Sorry for the shakey shot, i was paying attention to the road not the picture.

Old 12-09-06, 07:53 AM
Jayson
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
yeah it always seems like it wants to go faster till it hits a certain point...heres my speedo bouncing off that certain point. Sorry for the shakey shot, i was paying attention to the road not the picture.

Good grief 1LOUDLX, 110mph!!!! Was the truck stable or hopping lanes? BTW, are you running the TRD supercharger in your LX?
Old 12-09-06, 10:45 AM
aedgington
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see you w/ the PWR button, fool...
Old 12-09-06, 02:15 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

i donno, i switch on and off with the ECT, doesnt do anything substantial. The truck is fine at 100+ i dont have problems with it. I used to take my porsche up to 150+ on the same roads.
Old 12-30-06, 10:06 AM
_JP_
Driver School Candidate

isn't the 100 series designed to be run at 100mph in 110 degree heat with AC cranking (thus all of the middle eastern desert testing)? i would think it'd be rock solid and feel great all the way up to 112.

on trips to the sierras where everyone's flying, it's nothing to see a LC/LX with four people and ski gear cruising the 395 at 90+ mph. and on the race track from LA to vegas you'll see them cruising at 100-105 like it's nothing.

i've been up to 85 on some test drives and it felt like i was going 45. the new LX should be delivered tuesday so i'll have to test it some more, but that sport setting is SWEET. best feeling behind the wheel of any SUV i considered.... when you switch to comfort the LX becomes and old school caddy. so stoked to get the new ride! also happy to have gotten the new 07 at invoice... thank you lex for the 'dec to remember sales event.'

jp
Old 12-30-06, 10:50 AM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome to the Club JP. I got the December to Remember Sales Event mail too. I was thinking of trading my A4 in or a GS but nah. Anyways congrats on your new LX470. Show us some pics of it when you get the truck. What exterior color did you get?

BTW, you SHOULD be satisfied with a 07 LX470
Old 12-30-06, 11:13 AM
_JP_
Driver School Candidate

thanks.

will post some pics as soon as she arrives. the lady from mission viejo lex just called and confirmed it will be delivered tuesday.... sucks i won't have the new rig to tailgate the rose bowl on monday, but at least there'll be no door dings and/or football dents from a bunch of drunk tailgaters.

went with the silver. was seriously considering the white one out at cerritos lex, but they couldn't match the deal that my car broker got for me. with white you wouldn't see scratches in the clear coat very easily and i could spray it down in the morning without the white water spots being so obvious. silver is still pretty light and should be cool. $40/month for white over silver on two identically equipped (and priced) trucks was just too much.

can't wait to get that thing out on the road with no wife/kid to see what she can do. also trying to coordinate a fishing trip to the sierras in the next couple weeks to get some mud on her!!!!

jp
Old 12-30-06, 12:38 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by _JP_
thanks.

will post some pics as soon as she arrives. the lady from mission viejo lex just called and confirmed it will be delivered tuesday.... sucks i won't have the new rig to tailgate the rose bowl on monday, but at least there'll be no door dings and/or football dents from a bunch of drunk tailgaters.

went with the silver. was seriously considering the white one out at cerritos lex, but they couldn't match the deal that my car broker got for me. with white you wouldn't see scratches in the clear coat very easily and i could spray it down in the morning without the white water spots being so obvious. silver is still pretty light and should be cool. $40/month for white over silver on two identically equipped (and priced) trucks was just too much.

can't wait to get that thing out on the road with no wife/kid to see what she can do. also trying to coordinate a fishing trip to the sierras in the next couple weeks to get some mud on her!!!!

jp
Congrats JP, welcome and enjoy your new LX
Old 01-05-07, 07:23 AM
zanth
Driver School Candidate

Default AHC Selection

I go with Middle Left for everything except highway driving. For high speeds, I like the firmer suspension and switch it one to the right towards sport. I never use the far left or far right settings. I don't like the body roll occuring at 89 mph and the middle right position seems to lessen this roll.
Old 01-11-07, 03:47 PM
Jayson
Advanced

1LoudLX, you'd be proud as when we made our annual pilgrimage to San Diego to see the in-laws, my and wife and I both took turns taking our LX to about 95mph. Very smooth. Matter a fact, it felt better at 90+ than at 80. Seemed to struggle with even the most modest incline at 75-80mph, but coasted up moderate elevations when at 85. (when I say struggle, I mean, struggle to maintain speed without that hard downshift)

JP, saw your LX in another thread, very nice by the way. Have fun with your move to OC suburbia! We moved from the burbs in Tustin/Irvine area back in 2000 to the burbs in San Diego, then called it quits in CA and moved out here to yet another suburb of Austin.
Old 01-11-07, 04:21 PM
_JP_
Driver School Candidate

you get a lot of house for your money in austin. sweet places for 750K i hear.... must be nice.

if there was surf in austin, i'd probably live there. you sure have plenty of bars and live music!!!!

as for the LX and the hills. in cruising the inclines on the 5 down around san clemente i was really impressed by the fact that the LX's tach didn't even move going up them... not even 50rpm. i was probably at 75-80. trying not to travel at 'excessive speeds' during the break in period. could that suggestion be any more ambiguous???? anyway.

it was the wife, the infant son and me. total weight around 300# total with strollers and coats and everything. no 3rd row seating. i really couldn't have been happier with the power. i realize it's not like i was on the 70 in CO or anything, but still, i was happy.

jp
Old 01-11-07, 04:55 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

i tried to drive on the big dot today, hahah what a joke, braking scared me! Switched back to sport! I think the sport + my 40psi in the tires just makes me so happy. I wish the LS had a sport setting, but no we had to get the one w/o the upgraded suspension system.
Old 04-01-07, 08:28 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1loudLX

Nice!

I took my 4runner to 110mph one time and that took me a while.

Quick Reply: What Setting Are YOU? LX470 Owners Please Post