LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

2002 470LX new owner with questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-06, 04:29 PM
bee1master
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 470LX new owner with questions

Hi,

I bought my 2002 470lx last week. I have some questions. It comes with the navigation system ( A DVD is inserted and i was told it runs off of the dvd disc) How do I update the Navigation syst***s software (maps & etc.) ? I live in texas, and it doesent show a lot of roads because these roads were developed later. Do i have to buy a updated version dvd or something? Can i buy it from someplace else than the dealer? ALso my suv did not come with a owners mannual. I also wanted to know how can I program my garage controller to work with one of the 3 buttons on the top. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!
Old 01-07-06, 05:11 PM
bluestar
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bee1master
Hi,

I bought my 2002 470lx last week. I have some questions. It comes with the navigation system ( A DVD is inserted and i was told it runs off of the dvd disc) How do I update the Navigation syst***s software (maps & etc.) ? I live in texas, and it doesent show a lot of roads because these roads were developed later. Do i have to buy a updated version dvd or something? Can i buy it from someplace else than the dealer? ALso my suv did not come with a owners mannual. I also wanted to know how can I program my garage controller to work with one of the 3 buttons on the top. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!
Since yours is a 2002, chances are the previous owner has not upgraded to current v 4.2. However, there is another version coming out at end of January. So wait until then and you can upgrade the Nav. For more info about your Nav unit check out this link.

http://www.lexus-parts.com/Nav_Gener...20Chart_lk.pdf

FWIW, I am waiting to upgrade the Nav on my 2003 as well. Cost will be around $300.
Old 01-07-06, 08:51 PM
bee1master
Driver School Candidate

Thank you very much for the info!!! BTW i am trying to program the homelink buttons, it doesent work. I went on the homelink site and followed instructions. Sent them a email and waiting for there response. So like when you upgrade you have to buy that DVD disc right? and let's say i got the 4.2 upgrade. I would take out my current dvd and put in the 4.2? But i will wait for the one you mentioned that will be coming out at the end of this month. Thanks again!!!
Old 01-08-06, 12:15 PM
JellyBean
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Get your FREE owner's manuals from Lexus.com. Look for the Owner's area, register, and order the manuals.
Old 01-08-06, 11:25 PM
bluestar
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bee1master
Thank you very much for the info!!! BTW i am trying to program the homelink buttons, it doesent work. I went on the homelink site and followed instructions. Sent them a email and waiting for there response. So like when you upgrade you have to buy that DVD disc right? and let's say i got the 4.2 upgrade. I would take out my current dvd and put in the 4.2? But i will wait for the one you mentioned that will be coming out at the end of this month. Thanks again!!!
Best is to take the Disc to your local Lexus dealer and have them perform the upgrade for you. It should not be more than a $60 charge. The last one I did back in 2003 on my '99 LS (Gen 1 Nav) cost $280 incl installation. I will be ordering mine from the lexus-parts store and have my local dealer install it for me.

WRT homelink, I have not done this yet on my '03. But my '99 LS is fully compatible with my garage opener and works perfectly. Just check the manufacturer of your garage motor/opener and make sure they are rolling code type for ease of programming.