LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Aftermarket Spoiler on 2003 LX470

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-06, 08:44 PM
bluestar
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Spoiler on 2003 LX470

I put on some HIDs and super brights for FOGS and HIGHS, and then added chrome exhaust tip on my '03. Next on the list is a spoiler. I really want the spoiler but I am confused as I've heard that AM spoiler install may leave holes that can lead to rust. While others told me that is not the case. Which to believe ?

This is the look I am going for is in the attached pic here...

I am getting $395 installed from a local shop in LA. A Toyota dealer here in San Diego claims he will match the LA price. I found spoliers for like $100 primed (unpainted) on EBay but not quite sure of the quality. Any suggestions of dealer, spoiler shop and cost to expect will be appreciated. I am in So Cal....
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Spoiler on 2003 LX470-spoiler-2004.jpg  
Old 02-21-06, 10:24 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you make sure the body shop coats the exposed metal or at least seal it up wheel, it probably wont rust
Old 05-26-06, 04:31 PM
aedgington
Lead Lap

So you got a Toyota dealer to put on a painted spoiler for $400
Old 05-26-06, 11:58 PM
gijoebruin
Driver School Candidate

I got a quote for $1500 installed!!!!!
Old 05-28-06, 12:58 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

my bodyshop back a few months ago qouted me 850 painted + installed. They were going to get the part from lexus but i opted not to get it. It was the one with the light in it. They are one of the two main bodyshops that the lexus dealership i go to uses. What is the end result of your search, this is a old thread.
Old 05-31-06, 05:20 AM
tella
Driver

It is funny. Lexus sells this option for $290 on a new 2006 LX. Go figure...
Old 05-31-06, 04:07 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

its annoying. I want a 03+ these days so bad. I love the black windows. the dash is ehh but on the 06's the spoiler and that sexy grille with the gigantic L. I dont like the tailights all that much the way they set them up but the LED is for sure cool. Whenever i see the new ones in front of me with the spoiler i blow past them because im jealous and i know it would cost me way too much to have the LED brakelights with the newer style tailgate and the spoiler, along with the black windows.

I envy you damn 06 owners! ill trade ya, my 00 and a porsche for your!
Old 06-01-06, 04:41 PM
Da Hapa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tella
It is funny. Lexus sells this option for $290 on a new 2006 LX. Go figure...
Cost of having it installed at the port (at least here in CA) vs. at the dealership.
Old 06-01-06, 04:46 PM
Da Hapa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bluestar
I put on some HIDs and super brights for FOGS and HIGHS, and then added chrome exhaust tip on my '03. Next on the list is a spoiler. I really want the spoiler but I am confused as I've heard that AM spoiler install may leave holes that can lead to rust. While others told me that is not the case. Which to believe ?

This is the look I am going for is in the attached pic here...

I am getting $395 installed from a local shop in LA. A Toyota dealer here in San Diego claims he will match the LA price. I found spoliers for like $100 primed (unpainted) on EBay but not quite sure of the quality. Any suggestions of dealer, spoiler shop and cost to expect will be appreciated. I am in So Cal....
Funny enough, my wife and I ended up negotiating the crap out of this when we got her 2006 a few months back. Originally two dealers told me I couldn't get it at the $290 price on the website because the allocated LX's coming to CA weren't coming with the spoiler. Another dealer told me that it would be $290 but you'd have to get it done at the port before it comes to the dealer. The three dealers wanted between $600 -$800 to have the work done afterwards at the dealer using OEM parts.

In the end, the dealer that we went through failed to have the spoiler installed at the port as our contract requested. For the inconvenience and mistake they had the work comp'd at the dealer after it arrived. Our only downside was that we had to wait an additional day before taking delivery.

My best guess is that you're probably looking around $500 plus or minus depending on how badly the dealer wants the work and/or your repeate business.

Lexus Mission Viejo is absolutly terrible for service (IMO) but they really took care of us with the purchase and they did a great job with the spoiler.
Old 06-01-06, 05:16 PM
gijoebruin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Da Hapa
Funny enough, my wife and I ended up negotiating the crap out of this when we got her 2006 a few months back. Originally two dealers told me I couldn't get it at the $290 price on the website because the allocated LX's coming to CA weren't coming with the spoiler. Another dealer told me that it would be $290 but you'd have to get it done at the port before it comes to the dealer. The three dealers wanted between $600 -$800 to have the work done afterwards at the dealer using OEM parts.

In the end, the dealer that we went through failed to have the spoiler installed at the port as our contract requested. For the inconvenience and mistake they had the work comp'd at the dealer after it arrived. Our only downside was that we had to wait an additional day before taking delivery.

My best guess is that you're probably looking around $500 plus or minus depending on how badly the dealer wants the work and/or your repeate business.

Lexus Mission Viejo is absolutly terrible for service (IMO) but they really took care of us with the purchase and they did a great job with the spoiler.
Just curious...what did you end up paying for the LX before taxes. Do you have the nightview?
Old 06-02-06, 08:38 AM
Da Hapa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gijoebruin
Just curious...what did you end up paying for the LX before taxes. Do you have the nightview?
No nightview and no rear DVD. Got the usual cargo net, floormats, wheel locks, etc.

Paid $2,200 under invoice as published on Edmunds.com for the color we wanted with 7 miles on the odo. and the protective plastics still on the car (inside and out).
Old 06-02-06, 07:05 PM
gijoebruin
Driver School Candidate

No nightview and no rear DVD. Got the usual cargo net, floormats, wheel locks, etc.

Paid $2,200 under invoice as published on Edmunds.com for the color we wanted with 7 miles on the odo. and the protective plastics still on the car (inside and out).
That's around 57K!!! You don't mean under MSRP?
Old 06-02-06, 08:19 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Don't the floormats, wheel locks, tow package, and stuff come "standard"? (standard in the sense that all US-spec Lx's have them) Mine came with those, but I was told the "options" (at least for my 03) were the Levinson (~$4K) and factory chromed wheels ($1.9K). The only option it didn't have was the rear DVD and night vision. I ended up getting nifty mats, which I put over the OEM mats since the nifty's don't quite cover as much carpeting.
Old 06-02-06, 08:20 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Don't the floormats, wheel locks, tow package, and stuff come "standard"? (standard in the sense that all US-spec Lx's have them) Mine came with those, but I was told the "options" (at least for my 03) were the Levinson (~$4K) and factory chromed wheels ($1.9K). The only option it didn't have was the rear DVD and night vision. I ended up getting nifty mats, which I put over the OEM mats since the nifty's don't quite cover as much carpeting.

Only complaint about the factory chromes is they don't chrome the spare, only the 4 wheels! So I have to have the spare chromed separately so I can run a 5 tire rotation.
Old 06-03-06, 08:39 PM
Da Hapa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gijoebruin
That's around 57K!!! You don't mean under MSRP?
No... I mean under invoice. And I got $500 cash back from Lexus as an existing Lexus owner. They were doing a promo. that expired in January when I started looking for the vehicle. Unfortunately, I couldn't take delivery of our LX until way after the promo ended. Lexus was very kind (and smart if you ask me) and they stepped up and sent me a check anyway.

Yet another reason why I'll probably never convince my wife to every buy anything for her again but Lexus.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Spoiler on 2003 LX470