LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

wet carpet bad customer service

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-06, 12:39 PM
chip99
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wet carpet bad customer service

Well here is a story for all you that think lexus cutomer service is so great Well apparently I had a leak in the rear cargo area of my 06 lx 470 for some time; just recently found the wet carpet by chance. Well all was fixed but I insisted on replacing the rear carpet section in the cargo area. all they did was shampoo it. I have a call into the regional rep so we will see where it goes. i am pissed this is a brand new 06 68k vehicle and its a visible section in the cargo area not a simple trunk section of a car. This is not a big work project even i took the carpet out in 10 min over the weekend b/c it was hot here and beginning to smell. I called the parts dept 692.00 is the cost of a new carpet section. These guys a terrible to a vehicle like this it should be a no brainer to switch that section of the carpet
Old 06-07-06, 01:11 PM
Da Hapa
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chip99
Well here is a story for all you that think lexus cutomer service is so great Well apparently I had a leak in the rear cargo area of my 06 lx 470 for some time; just recently found the wet carpet by chance. Well all was fixed but I insisted on replacing the rear carpet section in the cargo area. all they did was shampoo it. I have a call into the regional rep so we will see where it goes. i am pissed this is a brand new 06 68k vehicle and its a visible section in the cargo area not a simple trunk section of a car. This is not a big work project even i took the carpet out in 10 min over the weekend b/c it was hot here and beginning to smell. I called the parts dept 692.00 is the cost of a new carpet section. These guys a terrible to a vehicle like this it should be a no brainer to switch that section of the carpet
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with a particular Lexus dealer.

We've owned 4 LS, an RX, and IS, an SC, and an LX over the last 15 years and to be honest, we've had nothing but excellent experiences. We've bought these vehicles from four different dealerships and had service done at at least a half dozen. All in all we've put on more than half a million miles on these vehicles. IMO, that's a pretty good sample set.

We've experienced some service dept's which are truely stellar and others that are just good but we've never had what I would consider a bad experience.

I hope that the regional service person helps you out and you find a dealer that is more sensitive to your wants and needs.
Old 06-07-06, 03:26 PM
20blks
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe it's a east coast thing hapa. I've been to a particular dealer in New York and they SUCKED.
Old 06-08-06, 07:19 AM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

I think there are some inconsistencies in service from dealer to dealer. So far, I've only dealt w/ my local dealer, and it's been excellent. Did you buy the vehicle at that dealer? They should replace the carpet, IMHO. They might argue that the carpet itself wasn't defective, but it seems like a no-brainer. They're probably just reluctant or too cheap to replace it under their discretionary funds.
Old 06-08-06, 11:08 PM
bluestar
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chip99
Should be a no-brainer replacement. Is this dealership a Lexus Elite ? Take your business to another Lex dealership until you find one that gives you the kind of service you deserve befitting your $68K purchase.